default header

Cosmic War

Clan Wars #12: October 21, 22:00 UTC

Moderator: JC Denton

Clan Wars #12: October 21, 22:00 UTC

Unread postby icycalm » 19 Oct 2017 16:58

For this Saturday we will use the SOS system that recoil made for last week (which we didn't end up using). I might make some changes to it, but the general idea will remain the same.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 19 Oct 2017 17:07

https://forums.uberent.com/threads/clan ... st-1144304

theiban wrote:For the next game, could it be a map with smaller orbits and more metal?

There is no way we will have more metal than last week's game. Maybe in 2-3 years, with faster server processors. Last week we had a gas giant + a planet with 166 metal. Usually, the ENTIRE system has less than 100 metal (and no gas giant), because that is the only way to minimize lag.

More metal = more lag. So when people say "please more metal", I hear "please more lag", and unfortunately, I can't do that.

Personally, I LOVE lag. All of CULT loves it. We only wish that all games would play at 50% speed. However, everyone else seems to hate it, and in order to avoid their whining I have decided to make the minimization of lag my top priority when designing systems (and indeed, last week's system was not designed by me, which is why it had so much metal).

Having said all that, I am fine with playing a laggy game once every month perhaps, but in that case someone else will have to design the system, so they can take the blame and the trashing from the other players. So feel free to make your own system iban, and I will take a look at it and give you feedback.

As for the smaller orbits, all CW systems have smaller orbits than last week's game. The large orbits in Star's system were deliberate, for obvious reasons, if you look at the system. Therefore, yes, this week's system will have smaller orbits.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Cosmic War