default header

Cosmic War

Battle Royale #2: POSTPONED

Moderator: JC Denton

Battle Royale #2: POSTPONED

Unread postby icycalm » 19 Oct 2017 18:02

BR2 will take place on October 28, RIGHT AFTER Clan Wars #13. CW13 starts at 15:00 UTC, so it should be over by 17:00, and that's why I put BR2 at 17:00 on the event schedule, but that time is merely a rough guideline. If you want to be 100% sure you don't miss the start, follow our Twitch channel and be in our Discord, and you won't miss it.

This is how I will schedule Battle Royale from now on: right after Clan Wars, once or twice a month, sometimes in the time slot that suits the East Europeans, and sometimes in the slot that suits the Australians.
Last edited by icycalm on 22 Oct 2017 10:56, edited 2 times in total.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 19 Oct 2017 18:44

The other option is to completely replace Clan Wars for one week per month with Battle Roayle. This way, we can suit both the East Europeans and the Australians at the same time. However, it will mean playing one fewer Clan War per month.

I am still considering doing this. I think it might help with bringing variety into our events. If any clan leaders like the idea, or have a problem with it, let me know so I can take your view into consideration.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 19 Oct 2017 18:57

After some more thought, I decided to completely replace CW with BR once a month or so (i.e. once every four or five weeks, depending on the month).

I think this enhances variety, and reflects the general preferences of the participants: most people prefer CW to BR, but at the same time big FFAs are also fun once in a while, so I think that the 20-25% ratio I have chosen should satisfy most people. It certainly satisfies me.

So, there will be no Clan War on October 28, but instead a BR game scheduled for the same time. I have updated the schedule on the site to reflect this.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 22 Oct 2017 10:56

I changed my mind about replacing CW with BR once every month. I don't want to replace CW at all, so I don't know what I am going to do with BR. Maybe do it midweek twice a month? Because I can't do both on a Saturday. It would amount to 4+ hours in total, and it would be exhausting.

I will keep thinking about it. For the time being, I have removed BR completely from the event schedule.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 22 Oct 2017 16:23

flubb
isn't battle royale next week though?

icycalm
I changed my mind
Clan Wars is 10x more fun
So I am going to find another slot for BR
Besides
We play big FFAs every day
They don't need special preparation, because there are no teams involved