Games

[AC] [360] [PS3] [PC] [3DS] [MOB] Street Fighter IV

Moderator: JC Denton

[AC] [360] [PS3] [PC] [3DS] [MOB] Street Fighter IV

Unread postby CosMind » 17 Oct 2007 18:39

http://www.streetfighterworld.com/

Downloadable trailer:

http://static.capcom.com/streetfighter/ ... railer.flv

Not a dang bit o' play footage in there, but it's one of the slickest animated shorts I've seen in a long, long time. Gorgeous rendering engine/style, and fantastic visual direction.

Apparently, the game's to be ready next holiday season.

Rad!
CosMind

Unread postby icycalm » 17 Oct 2007 23:16

Yeah, that clip is sick. I just wish they wouldn't announce games like this a year and a half before release. The wait is just unbearable.

The question now is, what is Capcom doing about a next-gen arcade board? Probably Type X2...

PS. CosMind, I replaced your Joystiq link with links to official sources. Please don't link to those asshats again. They get enough traffic as it is.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby ei6 » 18 Oct 2007 01:26

Yeah, that clip is sick. I just wish they wouldn't announce games like this a year and a half before release. The wait is just unbearable.

That's most likely Capcom's idea, slow-boiling public anticipation until release.

I was breathing through my mouth for the duration of the trailer all the same though.
ei6

Unread postby AlphaONE » 18 Oct 2007 06:37

8 years since 3rd Strike.
But finally it's here.

Hope I will be in Japan for this and I hope it goes to the ARCADE!!!
AlphaONE

Unread postby Kaede » 18 Oct 2007 13:49

icycalm wrote:The question now is, what is Capcom doing about a next-gen arcade board? Probably Type X2...

AlphaONE wrote:Hope I will be in Japan for this and I hope it goes to the ARCADE!!!

Let's not forget Capcom USA is putting this game out. I think an arcade version is unlikely at this point, although I hope I'm wrong.
Kaede

Unread postby icycalm » 19 Oct 2007 00:26

It has apparently been confirmed that this game is being made in Japan. Time to get hype.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby AlphaONE » 19 Oct 2007 03:46

Unless it plays like CFJ :evil:
AlphaONE

Unread postby icycalm » 19 Oct 2007 04:42

I'll take CFJ any day over whatever Capcom USA would have slapped together ;)

I posted this in another forum:

icycalm in another forum wrote:Here's the reasoning why SFIV should not by any means be 3D (and why there's a good chance it won't be).

2D games play vastly differently from 3D ones. Street Fighter has always been 2D. Street Fighter was 2D, Street Fighter II was 2D and Street Fighter III was 2D. When Capcom wanted to try its hand at a "sort of" 3D game they tacked an "EX" to the title. When SNK wanted to do the same thing with KOF they tacked an "MI" to the title. But SF and KOF have always been 2D. And if Capcom and SNK one day made them 3D they wouldn't be SF and KOF anymore.

So that is where I am basing my belief that Street Fighter IV will remain 2D (or 2.5D -- that's the same thing in terms of mechanics, if done right).

So there you have it. An explanation of why I am convinced SFIV will be 2 or 2.5D.

Remember: You heard it here first.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby AlphaONE » 19 Oct 2007 05:17

I doubt they are gonna change it to 3D.
That video was SO DONE by Capcom JPN.

KOF: MI SUCKS
SF:EX is meh but better then Max Impact!!
AlphaONE

Unread postby Kaede » 19 Oct 2007 10:48

icycalm wrote:It has apparently been confirmed that this game is being made in Japan. Time to get hype.

lol I've heard the exact opposite. Let's wait for some concrete evidence before we start pissing our pants.

Why the hell do they announce these things so far in advance?
Kaede

Unread postby icycalm » 19 Oct 2007 13:30

What is your source? Mine is pretty damn rock-solid (basically, the higher-ups on SRK who talk directly to Capcom USA).
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby AlphaONE » 19 Oct 2007 14:55

I'm pretty sure that Capcom USA is doing the financial backing for this. My roomate who used to teach English in Japan has told me that Street Fighter was huge and completely died over there. Same as here but it's more severe over there.

Quoted from user Kronos (http://www.neo-geo.com/):

Like the PS2 SF Alpha Anthology that was released in the West first... I could see this game as being pushed for by Capcom USA. The Japanese will create a game or other media if someone finances it... They used to animate a lot of US TV shows such as GI Joe, Transformers, The Real Ghostbusters, Heathcliff for the American market... and I'm sure there were many others too. Japan is a big fad country... and I lived there around the time 3rd strike came out and SF was slowly fading away...

In the same way, as the popularity of Japanese pop culture increases in the West, the more specific products for this marketplace will appear, including things that don't get paid attention to much in Japan. So, SFIV maybe a home system internet-based fighter... that comes out in JP second. Or this could be a hype thing for their market... to kind of start rumors with the Japanese of a SFIV being released in the US first...
AlphaONE

Unread postby Kaede » 19 Oct 2007 15:53

icycalm wrote:What is your source? Mine is pretty damn rock-solid (basically, the higher-ups on SRK who talk directly to Capcom USA).

Ah, thanks for clearing that up guys. Seems it's time to get (a little) excited after all.
Kaede

Unread postby CosMind » 20 Oct 2007 02:51

icycalm wrote:PS. CosMind, I replaced your Joystiq link with links to official sources. Please don't link to those asshats again. They get enough traffic as it is.

Ah, apologies. I'll do my part to keep all asses clear of those hats from now on.

icycalm wrote:It has apparently been confirmed that this game is being made in Japan. Time to get hype.

God bless god.

Amen.
CosMind

Unread postby lock » 20 Oct 2007 09:43

AlphaONE wrote:I'm pretty sure that Capcom USA is doing the financial backing for this. My roomate who used to teach English in Japan has told me that Street Fighter was huge and completely died over there. Same as here but it's more severe over there.

Well, I stayed in Japan several times and I can tell you Street Fighter is still alive in japanese arcades even now. Not only that, those games are quite popular yet, and it's very hard to find the cabinet empty.

Also, it doesn't matter in which country Street Fighter is more popular. Capcom Japan will make a better job than Capcom USA. We know it and they know it.
lock

Unread postby AlphaONE » 20 Oct 2007 16:09

I wish I found a Street Fighter cab in Kyoto and some parts of Osaka
cause when I was there I didn't find a single one.

Namco towers, Taito arcades and a couple Star Burst arcades were some of the places I went to and I didn't see a SINGLE Street Fighter game,

Fuck actually the only games I saw getting ANY play were

Tekken 5 DR (A TON)
Arcana Hearts (barely)
Gundam Seed
GG:XX AC (A TON)
Hokuto no Ken
Melty Blood
KOF:Xl (LOTS)
VF5 (barely)
World Heroes 2 (barely)
Fatal Fury Special
KOF 2002 (LOTS)
Rumble Fish 2
Pink Sweets (I even played this with a 40+ year old Buissness man, best partner ever!)

I heard that the Sega owned arcades (which make up like 60% of the arcades in Japan) had SF's but I didn't get to check those out.
I wanted to face a couple of the Japanese players in 3RD STRIKE I can hold my own in the US and thought it would be fun to play some other players, but I didn't see a single game.

They are probly in Tokyo but in Kyoto I found 2 things for Street Fighter : JACK and SHIT.

I don't think any one was even giving a damn on Capcom USA making the game cause
we know that would be Ludacris.
AlphaONE

Unread postby lock » 20 Oct 2007 23:05

AlphaONE wrote:I wish I found a Street Fighter cab in Kyoto and some parts of Osaka
cause when I was there I didn't find a single one.

Namco towers, Taito arcades and a couple Star Burst arcades were some of the places I went to and I didn't see a SINGLE Street Fighter game,

They are probly in Tokyo but in Kyoto I found 2 things for Street Fighter : JACK and SHIT.

I haven't seen Kyoto arcades for three years or so, but in those times it was as I said in my last post. In Tokyo's Akihabara there are some arcades, in which you can find not only SF3, but also SF2, SF zero, etc etc... and are very popular, as I said. I saw them last time 10 months ago.

In Kyoto, the places that I remeber to see a SF3 are the big arcade in Teramachi (I don't remember the name), the arcade that is pretty close to the Kyoto Station, Hero Town in Kitaoji street (I would bet there's a SF3 there already), Willy arcade, etcetc...

In Shirakawa street there is a entertaiment center. You can find there a street fighter punching ball game. So don't say there's no Street Fighter in Kyoto for the god's sake!!. XD

It may changed, anyway. Three years are three years after all. What I can say for sure is that in Tokyo there are still a huge number of SF3 cabinets. Something that I doub you can say about Europe or America...

I will go Kyoto soon, so I'll check it with my own eyes. If you lied me you will remember this XD
lock

Unread postby AlphaONE » 21 Oct 2007 05:16

LMFAO LOL ROFL!!! Why would I lie?
I was there for Spring break in March check my post history.

If there was a arcade in Kitaouji I wish, I could have seen it.
Cool I am going back there also, I have a psuedo girlfriend down there anyway.
Plus I am trying to go over there and transfer so I can be a RN in there hospitals.
So believe me when I say this: WHAT'S THE POINT OF ME LYING!!!

I bought 2 cabs and had them shipped from Japan with me in March, so believe me if I also had seen a SF3:3S I would of flashed the cash for it.

I bought a Egret 2 and a Neo-Geo candy and a couple great games... Cave and CPS3 and Neo stuff.

Also

" If you lied me you will remeber this XD"

What the fuck does that mean, is that a threat?????? LOL
AlphaONE

Unread postby lock » 21 Oct 2007 07:57

AlphaONE wrote:So believe me when I say this: WHAT'S THE POINT OF ME LYING!!!

Hahahaha, don't worry. I don't really think you lied XD
But is very hard to me to believe there's no SF3 in Kyoto. That's all.

AlphaONE wrote:" If you lied me you will remeber this XD"

What the fuck does that mean, is that a threat?????? LOL

That means that... once I find a SF3 cabinet, I will let you know the place and I will kick your ass with my iron Sean!. Neither more nor less LOL
lock

Unread postby AlphaONE » 21 Oct 2007 19:16

Sean??? Don't make me laugh man,
unless your playing 2nd:Impact ;Sean has a snow balls chance in hell.
I gots Ken,Chun-Li,Alex,Urien or Elana
choose your death, it's gonna happen.

Have a nice day XD

ANYWAYS BACK ON TOPIC,

I wonder how far along they are on this project?
AlphaONE

Unread postby JoshF » 23 Oct 2007 09:07

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26833.htm

Based on his hint and watching the teaser you can tell it's going to be 2.5D. If you look closely, Ryu and Ken never leave the line they're on.
JoshF

Unread postby lock » 27 Oct 2007 11:08

AlphaONE wrote:Sean??? Don't make me laugh man,
unless your playing 2nd:Impact ;Sean has a snow balls chance in hell.
I gots Ken,Chun-Li,Alex,Urien or Elana

Have a nice day XD

I don't know if you're getting this so seriously or otherwise, you got my jokes in the right way. I will believe in your humor sense., so my anwser will be this:

So you say me the characters you play and then "Have a nice day"? XDDDDDDD
Please, let me laugh in your presence! Let me tell you man, once I have my feet on the arcade floor automaticaly all the asses there belongs to me. Do you wanna try who does it feels? All the words in the world written in a forum will be meaningless. XD
lock

Unread postby AlphaONE » 30 Oct 2007 08:11

That would be fine.
From one Spaniard to another
I will be back there in MARCH, FOR SURE. KYOTO 08 SON!

Plus I find it HARD to believe any foreigner can beat all the ASSES of the japanese
in an arcade.

If this was MVC2 I would have no problem believing that, but it's not, so let me laugh in your face!!! LOL LMAO ROFL!!!!!!!!1! :roll:
AlphaONE

Unread postby CosMind » 03 Nov 2007 02:24

@lock and AlphaONE

Be damn sure that, when you cats finally clash, a quality video caps it all for us to see :)

I'm quite interested in watching you two battle, now.
CosMind

Unread postby icycalm » 03 Nov 2007 02:33

CosMind wrote:I'm quite interested in watching you two battle, now.

Some of the lines they posted could be lifted straight off this forum and put in a fighting game as winning quotes:

once I have my feet on the arcade floor automatically all the asses there belongs to me

icycalm
Hyperborean

Next

Return to Games