default header

Games

[PC] [XSX] [PS5] [ONE] [PS4] [STA] Marvel's Avengers

Moderator: JC Denton

[PC] [XSX] [PS5] [ONE] [PS4] [STA] Marvel's Avengers

Unread postby Some guy » 28 Jan 2017 15:36

Square Enix is making an 'Avengers' game for Marvel, Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Montreal are leading the project.
https://www.engadget.com/2017/01/26/squ ... ject-game/

Nick Summers wrote:Yesterday morning, Marvel and Square Enix teased in separate tweets that they had an announcement to make. The internet went into overdrive: A superhero world for Kingdom Hearts 3? Wrong. Very wrong. Today, the two companies have revealed a multi-game partnership that starts with "The Avengers Project." A teaser trailer shows a pair of cracked glasses, Thor's hammer and an Iron Man gauntlet lying in the dirt, discarded. A sombre voiceover explains how "the world will always need heroes," even if people think "that if you're different, you're dangerous." It's all very doom and gloom, buts ends with the hopeful tagline: "We just need to reassemble."

The Avengers Project Announcement Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rq_V6WH ... ertainment

It's a surprising partnership. Square Enix is mostly known for Final Fantasy and other Japanese role-playing games. For this particular project, however, it's turning to its pantheon of Western developers -- both Crystal Dynamics (Rise of the Tomb Raider) and Eidos Montreal (Deus Ex: Mankind Divided) are referenced in the teaser. These teams are known for producing big, expensive action games, with dollops of open world and RPG customisation. Together, they have the pedigree to produce a title comparable to Rocksteady's Batman Arkham series. There's no word on what the games will be like, however, or when they might start coming out.
Some guy

Unread postby ExiledOne » 26 Jan 2018 09:30

http://nichegamer.com/2017/01/26/marvel ... eo-teaser/

Michael Jordan wrote:Marvel and Square Enix Sign a Multi-Game/Year Partnership, Releases Video Teaser

In a press release sent just moments ago, Marvel Entertainment and Square Enix have stated that they have signed a deal that stretches from Glendale, California to Tokyo, Japan in order to develop a brand new set of games based on Marvel’s comic book universe. Crystal Dynamics will be heading up the first game in collaboration with Eidos-Montréal, pairing the minds behind the new Tomb Raider with Deus Ex, to create The Avengers.

“Marvel’s diverse, innovative universe has created millions of longtime fans, including all of us,” said Phil Rogers, CEO, Square Enix Americas and Europe. “It’s exciting to bring together Square Enix’s award-winning development studios with Marvel’s extraordinary storytellers to establish a new entertainment powerhouse. This collaboration of passion and talent will craft epic, imaginative experiences allowing gamers to live out their Super Hero dreams like never before.”

We should be seeing more information on The Avengers project as well as other games in 2018.

http://nichegamer.com/2018/01/24/crysta ... s-project/

Brandon Orselli wrote:Crystal Dynamics Hire Veteran Devs From Naughty Dog, Visceral Games, More for New Avengers Project

Crystal Dynamics has brought on a number of “top industry talents” this month to work on their upcoming Avengers project.

The studio has brought on 15 developers including former Naughty Dog creative director Shaun Escayg as their new creative director, as well as Visceral Games veteran Stephen Barry as their new director of production.

Other hires have worked on titles like Batman: Arkham Origins, Dead Space, Star Wars Battlefront, and more – including former staff of Monolith Productions, Sledgehammer Games, all of which include roles like animation, production leadership, art, design, engineering, and more.

Announcement Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rq_V6WHSmQs

ExiledOne

Unread postby icycalm » 26 Jan 2018 20:47

Added to Most Wanted section.

I wrote:We know nothing about it except it's based on an awesome property and the people making it know what they are doing. If that's not enough to get excited, we don't know what would be.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby recoil » 02 Mar 2019 23:00

https://heroichollywood.com/avengers-pr ... deo-rumor/

Sebastian Peris wrote:'Avengers Project' Could Be A PS5 And Next Gen Xbox Video Game

Little is known about the Avengers Project video game, but the listing for an External Lead Producer position notes the person who lands the job will work with external partners to build next-gen game releases. While this is merely speculation, the following post has some fans suspecting the Avengers Project could be for the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Scarlett:

The Lead Producer will have demonstrable experience working with external partners to build next-gen console and PC games. This individual will have outstanding communication skills and a proven track record in Development and Production. The successful candidate will work directly with studio leadership and hold accountability for staying in budget while delivering premium quality on the project milestones. Exposure to formal project management techniques on multi-million dollar, highly rated AAA games a must; previous experience building and maintaining schedules is essential.
recoil

Unread postby recoil » 17 Mar 2019 22:39

https://heroichollywood.com/avengers-cr ... cs-google/

Cesar Galvan wrote:Crystal Dynamics Avengers Video Game Possibly Coming To Google GDC Panel

A new Avengers video from Crystal Dynamics has been hinted at in the past and now that project might be coming to an upcoming Google event.

Game developers Crystal Dynamics is scheduled to appear at a special panel hosted by Google next week at it’s GDC event. The new Avengers project was teased back in January 2017 and it could very well be possible that this project will be on full display there, though no official announcement regarding the project’s presence has been made just yet. The announcement of Crystal Dynamics’ arrival came from the Google Developers Twitter account.
recoil

CULT LIVE: Marvel's Avengers

Unread postby icycalm » 22 Aug 2020 20:12

So a bunch of us played the beta, more info on which can be found here: https://culture.vg/forum/topic?p=33105#p33105

Marvel's Avengers BETA (Brutal) with icycalm, Archonus, Beakman and ExiledOne
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/717742278

recoil jumped in later in the stream, so you could say we were five, but it made no difference since none of us unlocked MP during the stream. It was more like a chat room than a co-op game.

Some pointers. You don't get to play with your friends until several hours in. Maybe if you're playing on an easy setting, it's quicker, but for Brutal, it'll take you several hours.

It's a freaking fantastic game. I did not expect that at all. It has its issues, and I want particularly to see the level design further on and how it handles four of these insanely-powered characters playing simultaneously, but even if EVERYTHING is fucked later in the game, it will STILL be one of the coolest and most interesting games released this year. It might even end up GOTY runner-up, we'll see.

So normally I would have jumped in day 1, which is in a couple of weeks. However, there are issues. First off, there's the Spider-Man exclusivity on Sony. Second off, there's ray-tracing, which the game supports, and which the 1080 on my Shadow can't handle. Moreover, the game seems to be crossplay on all platforms, including XSX and PS5 versions, so we could all choose different systems and still play together, which is neat.

Marvel's Avengers confirmed as PS5 and Xbox Series X launch title
https://www.gamesradar.com/marvels-aven ... nch-title/

Jordan Gerblick wrote:Marvel's Avengers is coming to PS5 and Xbox Series X as a next-gen launch title, Square Enix has announced. Both next-gen versions of the game will be free to everyone with a copy of the current-gen game, and all progress carries over. Furthermore, cross-gen play is supported, which means players using next-gen consoles can play with those on current-gen consoles.

"Featuring extremely fast load times, boosted resolution and fidelity, improved texturing and armor destruction, ray tracing, and more – Marvel’s Avengers will look and play great on next-gen systems," reads a press release. "The PlayStation®5 experience will be seamless and dynamic, fully utilizing the ultra-high speed SSD, the PS5 DualSense advanced haptics, and immersive spatial audio. To fully customize their visual experience, PS5 will also provide players with their choice of Enhanced Graphics Mode or High Framerate mode."

All things told, it seems like the PS5 will be the best version. You get Spidey, and a system that can do ray-tracing well, and even the "advanced haptics" thingy which I take to be force feedback 2.0. At first I thought that Spidey isn't a big deal, since he has his own games; you might as well spend all your playtime in this one with the new characters. However, I'd love to play as Spidey in a FOUR-PLAYER CO-OP game. I'd love to test out synergies with various teams of other characters, and Spidey is like the best character in all of Marvel and one of the most interesting, mechanically, for a videogame. I'd love to see how swinging and wall-running and whatnot are implemented in this game, and compare with his solo games. So I gots to have the Sony version, and specifically the PS5. So I aint playing this game until the 5 is out and I have one of them. The only thing that could change this is disastrous performance, so imma wait for those Digital Foundry comparisons once the new consoles are out.

In sum: everyone can do what they want, but I recommend waiting for the PS5, and playing the game on that if you plan on buying a new console in the foreseeable future (and if you plan on buying only one, it's gotta be the 5). Let me know what you guys think and what you plan on doing. I'll need three people to play with me, but they don't have to be on PS5, due to the crossplay.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 22 Aug 2020 20:30

Made huge error, it has cross-GEN play, not cross-PLATFORM. I.e. if you're on PS4 you can play with PS5 people, but not with Xbox or PC people. So all the three people I need in my team have to be on PS5, or PS4.

Marvel's Avengers rules out cross-platform play for now
https://www.shacknews.com/article/11890 ... ay-for-now
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 23 Aug 2020 01:37

The tokenness of Kamala Khan can be seen most clearly by the fact they didn't even bother giving her a hero name. They want to make extra sure you understand she's not white, and if you're blind or just colorblind, you can't miss the non-white name.

Same goes for Miles Morales, pretty much. Making the title of the game "Spider-Man: Miles Morales" merely underscores that this guy isn't Spider-Man, otherwise it'd just be called Spider-Man 2 or whatever.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby ChevRage » 27 Aug 2020 18:28

I'll be getting a PS5 for this for sure. The haptic feedback on the Xbox One controller triggers feels amazing, this has gotta be better.

I'll probably end up waiting a few months until Spider-Man gets released before buying it though.
ChevRage

Return to Games