default header

News

[PC] The Lord of the Rings: Gollum

Moderator: JC Denton

[PC] The Lord of the Rings: Gollum

Unread postby kini » 25 Mar 2019 23:30

https://gematsu.com/2019/03/daedalic-en ... onsoles-pc

Sal Romano wrote:Daedalic Entertainment has announced The Lord of the Rings: Gollum, an action adventure game that follows Gollum from The Lord of the Rings after he acquired the One Ring, but before the events of the novels and films. It will be released for PC and “all relevant console platforms at that time” in 2021.

The Lord of the Rings: Gollum is the first title in development in a new partnership between Daedalic Entertainment and Middle-earth Enterprises. Plans for future games are already in the works.

“Our goal was to present a storytelling experience,” said Daedalic Entertainment CEO and co-founder Carsten Fichtelmann. “About four years ago, I caught Middle-earth Enterprises in Berkeley, maybe like Peter Jackson did 20 years ago, and I said we’re interested in licensing Lord of the Rings. After some negotiations, it was clear that the Tolkien estate looked for a company that was capable of doing something which is more story-orientated than some of the other products that came out over the last years.”

According to Fitchelmann, Daedalic does not plan to go “too deep into the uncanny valley” by making hyper-realistic games. “When it comes to shapes, colors, we definitely try to produce something that is a statement,” he said.

Since we don't know what consoles they are going with I didn't add tags for them.
kini

Return to News