default header

MOST WANTED

MOST WANTED: CYGNI: All Guns Blazing (PC|XS|PS5)

Moderator: JC Denton

MOST WANTED: CYGNI: All Guns Blazing (PC|XS|PS5)

Unread postby icycalm » 08 Sep 2022 07:24

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1248 ... ns_Blazing

Gamescom 2022 Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iM3UD1h ... XVyolQO3wj

I'd thought we already had a thread for this game but apparently not. Anyway this sick new trailer dropped with tons more action. It's looking like Sine Mora 2, and that's mostly bad, but also great. I doubt it will have as stupid a system as Sine Mora's, so we should be able to enjoy the grafix a lot more with far less frustration. I have more to share on this, and I'll do it soon. For now just feast your eyes on the trailer.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 15 Aug 2023 20:09

This was for the longest time a self-published title until Konami swooped in recently and snapped it up. So now Whites are dominating even in traditionally Japanese-dominated genres, as with Hollow Knight and Streets of Rage 4, to mention two other prominent examples.

No idea if it will be good, but at least the mechanics should be simpler than Sine Mora's, so at least this one has a CHANCE of being good (complexity is for advanced designers, beginners should stick with simplicity). Sine Mora, if you didn't know, was great aesthetically but rotten mechanically, but to me it's still worth a 4/5 just because of how awesome it looks, so if this one is even MEDIOCRE mechanically, it should be a 5/5 overall, given that it looks better than even many modern FPSes/TPSes etc. If it's any good at all, and if it sells at all, it'll be the revolution in STGs that the Japs have failed to give us.

Which is why it's deceptive that the Konami logo will be all over it, like the Chinese buying stakes in countless White developers because they're too dumb to develop their own games.

But enough with the racism. I can't wait to play this at 4K on a huge screen. Maybe it will look good even at 8K?

Btw, the director went on Shumps and got into a fight with the old-timers. Very interesting discussion, months ago. I've been meaning to post it here. I'll look it up and bump the thread.

TBA.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to MOST WANTED