default header

MOST WANTED

MOST WANTED: Life is Feudal II (N/A)

Moderator: JC Denton

MOST WANTED: Life is Feudal II (N/A)

Unread postby icycalm » 13 Dec 2022 12:36

This was announced by Bobik himself shortly before the game was shut down. They no longer own the IP, so it will be a new title, but the design will be a LiF sequel. Beyond that, the only bit of info he's given out is that he's trying to get the graphics "somewhat current-gen", is what he said, and I am paraphrasing. Finally, the game was supposed to be shown last year, but for some reason it wasn't. It's still in development last I heard.

All this info can be found in the official LiF Discord server, but I can't be bothered to go fishing for it, so you'll have to take my word for it.

So earlier today I was searching on Twitter for "Life is Feudal" to see if I could find any news, and a fan's reply pointed me in this direction: https://twitter.com/LTGpublisher/status ... 6212452353

What is this account? It's a new publisher called Long Tale Games. Based in "Malasiya", account made in August, 152 followers, and following no one. Official website: https://longtalegames.com

They have two games coming up, one of which is the "sword, armor and throne" one mentioned in the tweet above. Even fewer details are available about the other (nothing beyond yet another blurred pic).

The publisher will be taking part in a conference in Tel Aviv, and one of the studios they are dealing with has a Russian head. Not Bobik, some other Russian guy who made some crappy small game, who cares. But at least the Russian connection is there. So that's something.

More tellingly though, the people in the comments are posting this image, which appears to be the source for the blurred-out image in the tweet above:

I can't backtrace this image, but in the comments they are saying it's a LiF concept art, and I believe they might be right because the armor seems like LiF. There are at least 5-6 people in the comments talking about LiF, and no one is saying WHERE they found the link to this publisher. My guess is it's from some kind of leak from the official LiF Discord.

But it gets weirder. Because the publisher has a job posting on their site for a "Game Designer" for an MMO/MMORPG with... wait for it... blockchain and "play-to-earn"/"metaverse" experience: https://longtalegames.com/vacancies#vacancy2

And just in case you thought, well, maybe they're publishing TWO MMOs, the position is remote to the... Russian Federation.

Long Tale Games wrote:Full VMI in the Russian Federation (telemedicine + psychology)

Though weirdly, if you want to relocate, you have to move to...

Long Tale Games wrote:Remote work or Relocation to Kuala Lumpur

It's really not surprising if Bobik's going for crypto. Crypto and NFTs were made for this kind of game, and I am sure Chris Roberts already has plans for how to implement it when the time's right. But especially in Bobik's case, whose game struggled to stay above water, any source of funding whatsoever should be explored in such a niche and endangered genre, and crypto is a no-brainer. Whether it can be implemented to the benefit of the game is another story. I think to the benefit, mechanically, no. Only if you consider that perhaps without crypto the game would not be made at all, or not survive for long, can you then accept crypto as acting to the benefit of the ENTIRE game, even if mechanically it will be detrimental. I was planning an essay about this years ago, but never got around to writing it. It would have explored this subject in gambling first (explaining why all the gambling games are boring without the money), and then expanded to all games, explaining why the introduction of real money—or real goals of any kind—is inescapably detrimental to the design. Maybe I should write this article now, as it's getting quite topical, and will get more and more so, I am sure.

Back to LiF2. The last bits of info to be analyzed are the contents of the tweet itself. First of all, it speaks of "the battle for the throne". There was no mechanical significance to thrones in the first game that I am aware of, so unless this is just marketing-speak, it seems this game might have an actual goal and endgame or semi-endgame! I can see a battle royale design between clans! This is pretty much what I've been saying for years that Rust needs, by the way, and Bobik with his countless brilliant mechanical innovations is just the man to devise and implement this first.

And finally, and most wildly, the battle "starts soon"!

No previews or early accesses or betas. The fucking battle starts soon!

So... I don't know what to say, but if I am anywhere near the mark with the above speculation, and this thing drops out of the sky ready to play anytime "soon", expect me to lose at least a month of my life to it, and all my projects to be pushed a month back. Just sayin'.

What a Christmas present it would be if we got it in the holidays.

P.S. For newcomers, LiF is the second-best game of all time. (Third, if you count my game, which I don't quite yet, because it's not quite ready.)
icycalm
Hyperborean

Re: Life is Feudal II

Unread postby icycalm » 29 Dec 2022 07:18

https://massivelyop.com/2022/12/27/rumo ... -the-works

Chris Neal wrote:Rumor: Life is Feudal MMO might be making a comeback, with a sequel in the works

The medieval sandbox MMORPG Life is Feudal died something of a slow death, first with a January 2021 sunset followed by an October 2022 shuttering of the Chinese version, prompting most fans of the game to relocate there.

However, the game appears to be making some signs of life by way of a publisher known as Long Tale Games, a self-described publishing partner that aims to release “old and new long-story games under a new sauce.” That new sauce apparently comes by way of various partnership and publishing services, but the company also states an overt interest in “working with the Web3 community.”

This links to LiF by way of a teaser tweet from the company in November followed by the opening of a new LiF: MMO Discord, which mostly has a message that promises more info after the publisher has “some time to settle everything down.”

That Discord holds no other information or news, with its main chat channel primarily full of LiF fans waiting impatiently for any new word. Meanwhile, the old Bitbox Ltd. Discord for the game appears to have sprung back to life in a more amusing way as people respond to a question of whether the MMO is returning:

In addition to LiF’s potential return, there’s also an SEC filing from Snail Games this past October, which is ostensibly about its public offering of 3 million shares of stock; this form is relevant here because at one point in the document it references a partnership with Bitbox “to produce Life is Feudal II, a sandbox survival game set in medieval times.” No other details on this project are available at this time, either through Snail’s website and Twitter or Bitbox’s website and Twitter.

Check this out!!! https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data ... 16_s1a.htm

This fucking company has its hand in LiF2, Last Oasis, ARK, Atlas, Dark and Light, and Outlaws of the Old West: all of them either survival-builders or FP4X!

Who are these people lol? It's like a cabal bent on sucking out high-IQ/high-T players' lives!!!

Anyway, we now have Life is Feudal II confirmed on a legal document!!!
icycalm
Hyperborean

Re: MOST WANTED: Life is Feudal II (N/A)

Unread postby schadenfreude » 08 Jun 2023 12:52

I got a marketing email the other day saying that LiF is coming back, with a playtest and relaunch happening this year:

https://lifeisfeudalmmo.com

Long Tale Games is handling the relaunch, and they're asking for $19.99 for a one-month subscription, which includes access to the playtests as well as the official release (the subscription will pause as playtests pause).

The game will be similar to how it played in 2021, with changes planned but no details specified:

Long Tale Games wrote:Which version of the game are we getting?
The upcoming game launch will feature the same version that was available at the time of its closure in 2021. Moving forward, we aim to implement future updates based on this version.

What are you planning to change in the game?
We are planning to release several variants of the game so that everyone can choose the version they like best. All of the variants will be based on the "vanilla" version, so the fans will get their favorite game regardless. In the near future, we plan to study the game engine in detail, dive deep into its capabilities and optimization options, and fix the issues. All this will help to better understand the directions and options for the game's further development.

I don't see any mention of a sequel on that page or their Twitter feed, so I guess their marketing messages were referring to relaunching and continuing development of the original game.
schadenfreude

Re: MOST WANTED: Life is Feudal II (N/A)

Unread postby icycalm » 08 Jun 2023 13:06

This is the official Twitter post: https://twitter.com/LTGpublisher/status ... 9818681345

It leads to a new LiF account: https://twitter.com/lifeisfeudalmmo/sta ... 3644225537

This sounds like LTG bought the rights to the original game, and are trying to milk it.

Maybe they broke their agreement with Bobik, and they went their separate ways. If that is the case, the real LiF2 will appear with a different title.

Otherwise this makes little sense. The game is live NOW. Bobik would never do it this way. He would give you at least a week if not more of a heads-up so you could be ready for a new wipe. He would have some kind of trailer ready, a news article, etc.

This sounds like some dumb Malaysians somehow managed to nab the rights and are pissing all over the game.

They will not make any money, and will shut down very quickly. They're completely out of their depth.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to MOST WANTED