default header

Games

PC|PS5|PS4 Granblue Fantasy Versus: Rising

Moderator: JC Denton

Re: PC|PS5|PS4 Granblue Fantasy Versus: Rising

Unread postby icycalm » 15 Aug 2023 20:40

The original was already a simple game. I don't know how much simpler it can get. Hopefully they're just talking about an optional simplified-inputs mode and not dumbing the game down further. I was hoping they'd make the sequel at least a little more complex, but it looks like they're doubling down on simplicity since they must reason that's what got them the sales. But I think it's the graphics that got them the sales. At least that's why I am buying this franchise.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Effay » 16 Aug 2023 20:52

I didn't play the network test that they ran recently but know people who did.

They're changing the special move system so that performing a special move with a motion and with the simple input have the same properties.

In the previous version doing a special or super move with a motion input would be stronger than doing it with a simple input. So there was a trade-off between doing a harder motion for better properties or doing a simpler motion to guarantee the move comes out. But now there's no trade-off or reason to do the harder input anymore.

In addition they made throws much easier to break, with a much longer window (about half a second) and a visual indicator showing you are being thrown.

There were some other mechanical changes I'm not sure about since I didn't play it, but the impression of most people that played it is that they're making it simpler to attract more of the gacha audience. Very disappointing.
Effay

Unread postby icycalm » 08 Jan 2024 22:14

2B Gameplay Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrnZARbFSfo

Cygames wrote:Glory to mankind. 2B (YoRHa No.2 Type B) from NieR: Automata will join the Granblue Fantasy Versus: Rising roster as a playable character in February 2024!

That was pretty cool I thought. You can tell she's from a different property, but the adaptation is done well and she looks like she belongs in the game while being simultaneously different enough to be unique. Too bad the game isn't very good though? I haven't looked for an update on it since Effay filled us in.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Games