default header

Welcome

Meanwhile, in paradise

Moderator: JC Denton

Meanwhile, in paradise

Unread postby icycalm » 26 Apr 2017 16:37

I am preparing to launch a new site and have started a thread about it on Orgy, so I am copy-pasting my OPs here just in case any people here have any ideas or want to help, etc.

http://orgyofthewill.net/discuss/viewtopic.php?t=453

I wrote:Meanwhile, in paradise

Idea for a news site.

The name will be something like "Meanwhile, in paradise", and it will comprise of two sections. The first section will account for 90%+ of the site and frontpage space, and will feature solely "good" news. Scientific and technological breakthroughs, celebrities playing golf and enjoying lavish dinners, travelers discovering amazing places in the world and having a grand time, etc. More or less what a news agency ran by Dan Bilzerian would look like if it also added some intellectual stuff on top of the hedonism: https://www.instagram.com/danbilzerian/?hl=en

And then there would be a 10% section of the site reporting on what the subhumans are doing in Onion-style language. "Araboid nut drives into people while chanting incoherently and is shot down like a dog by police five minutes later lol", or "Angry freaks protesting in town square about something that our correspondent didn't catch because he had a hot date with a supermodel at a four-star restaurant and was in a rush", etc. Basically the Onion, but with an ultra-right bend instead of the Onion's moderate left.

I might start it myself, but I have so many other projects coming up that I would prefer if someone else did it and accepted me as a consultant. And if he listens to my advice and makes something that I approve, I will advertise his site from the Orgy frontpage in exchange for a link back to Orgy on his.

I wrote:I have decided to start it myself, though I can give posting privileges to people who want to help.

Think of it as an icycalm version of Return of Kings. All the positive stuff of that site, without the constant whining (which whining will be made fun of on my site on occasion, linking to Roosh once a month or so with the headline "Middle-aged whiner loser whines about losing at something again", etc.)

I'll have a revolving tagline for the site that will include taglines like "The News Site of the One Per Cent", or "Not For Subhumans", or "Humanity's News Source", or "Because Everyone Else is Subhuman", etc.

There will be a box on the sidebar with a link to Orgy and a little text saying that journalists have no philosophy because they are subhuman, but my site does because it's made by humans. "The first journalistic site with a philosophical foundation", or something to that effect. No comments will be allowed on the site -- all posts will link back to the Orgy forum.

All I need is a domain name really, and I have a few ideas.

-inparadise.net and amorfati.net are taken.

-paradise.news costs $150 a year, and I will get that if people offer to pitch in to help me pay for the first year. Otherwise I'll keep thinking of names until I find something good, available and cheap.

The name of the site doesn't have to be the same as the addresses, as in Insomnia. The address needs to be short and cool and striking and must be figured out first; the name will come later and can be changed as many times as I like, so I am not going to worry about it until I have the domain name and WordPress + RocketTheme template up and running.

It will be easy to update. I am only going to write the occasional post for it (whatever commentary of mine is not deep enough to warrant going on Orgy); most of the material will be a cool, eye-catching pic taken from an article elsewhere, a quote from the article and a link to it. The effect I want to achieve is a frontpage that is a feast for the eyes of beauty and excitement and happiness on Earth. So much beauty and fun that the idea of spending any time whining instead of going out and pursuing all this fun will seem ridiculous. And the 10% of stupid subhuman protests or terrorist idiocies will seem abysmally wretched in comparison. It will basically be the comedy section of the site. Just like newspapers have weekly cartoons, my site will just have subhuman news performing the same function. All of this will also be explicitly explained in a prominently linked "About" section, so that there's no room for misunderstanding of what the site is about. The site is about mocking subhumans and the idea that civilization is declining, pure and simple. That's the starting point, but once that has been achieved, I hope it will simply become the best news site ever for genuine worthwhile humans, and the first site they visit every day when they go online.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Welcome