default header

PC Red Solstice 2: Survivors

Moderator: JC Denton

PC Red Solstice 2: Survivors

Unread postby icycalm » 14 Jun 2021 09:01

So this is billed as an 8-player real-time XCOM.

You read that right.

Comes out June 17. In three days.

Price will be $30.

I reckon this isn’t a day 1 purchase, partly because it could very well turn out bad, and partly because ideally you’d want a full team and you aren’t gonna get it unless you can convince seven others that the game is stellar.

So let’s wait and see what the day 1 crowd says. If it’s stellar, we can take our time trying to form a full team.

As for how the co-op will work, it looks like one player does the campaign and the other seven join him for the missions. The more players in the mission, the more enemies, and the greater the scale and complexity of the battles.

So the way I see it playing out is one guy streaming the strategy portion on Twitch while the other seven are on Discord with him and advising him, then all eight drop in for the mission. Will be hard to schedule, but worth it. Plus, if the game is cheap enough at some deep sale and enough people get it, you can schedule for Saturday and just play every Saturday with whoever shows up. Whoever doesn’t can catch up with what happened via the videos.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Re: PC Red Solstice 2: Survivors

Unread postby icycalm » 14 Jun 2021 09:06

If the campaign save can be shared, I could see the file being passed around so that players take turns managing the strategy.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Online