default header

PC Ready or Not

Moderator: JC Denton

PC Ready or Not

Unread postby icycalm » 06 Jan 2023 03:00

Steam page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1144200/Ready_or_Not

Game thread: https://culture.vg/forum/topic?t=5609

Review: https://culture.vg/forum/topic?t=7845

I am ready to get into this. Need four players at least. I won't play with less than a full team. Beyond the five required players though, the sky's the limit, as the levels are made to be replayed and ranked in etc. So let's see if we can get at least five. We can play on weekends, or if there's many people interested, even weekdays perhaps.

icycalm
Hyperborean

Re: PC Ready or Not

Unread postby ChevRage » 06 Jan 2023 03:27

Count me in.
ChevRage

Unread postby Beakman » 06 Jan 2023 03:27

Count me in! I played SWAT 4 with friends back in the day and it was awesome.
Beakman

Unread postby Q-veta » 06 Jan 2023 03:38

I'll play.
Q-veta

Unread postby Some guy » 06 Jan 2023 08:47

I'll play too.
Some guy

Unread postby icycalm » 08 Jan 2023 20:36

Beakman is dropping out so we need at least one more player to get a full team. Is anyone interested? If I can find one more, I’ll try to set up a game for the coming Saturday, in place of our regular Factorio session. I’ll be doing this more often from now on, occasionally mixing other genres in with our regular games. After Ready or Not I would like to play Word War Z—whose first level we’ve already beat and which seems like a terrific game—then I want to try Escape from Tarkov, which I’ve heard good things about, and then other games in this vein. Plus the occasional smaller tactical or strategy game like Eugen’s games et al. So more diversity added to the handful of juggernaut games like Factorio which form the staple of our gaming diet.

But first, Ready or Not on Saturday, if I can get at least one more player and set it up. If I can’t, I will try other games from the above list and set Ready or Not aside for the future, when we do get a fifth or more players.

Keep in mind when deciding to participate in these games that there’s no guarantee we’ll like the game enough to play more than one session, so you might not get as much bang for your buck out of them as you might have wanted. But we’re still only talking about one new title a month at most, and I think that the enormous value we’re getting out of our staple games like PA, Factorio, Star Citizen, Fantasy Grounds, TaleSpire et al. more than balances this out.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Jameson » 09 Jan 2023 01:55

I can play.
Jameson

Unread postby icycalm » 09 Jan 2023 02:05

Awesome, let’s hear who can play Saturday either 1 PM or 10 PM. I can do both. The more people can do both, the higher the chances that we can play. If we can’t fix it for this Saturday, we play Factorio and try again the weekend after.

It’s still early, so you can take a couple of days to respond if your schedule isn’t set yet.

As I said, I can do both time slots.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 09 Jan 2023 02:09

And btw we can accommodate more than 5, if more decide to join. We just rotate the extra players every round while those on the bench watch on Twitch. That might not work for all the games I plan to run, but it will certainly work for this one.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Q-veta » 09 Jan 2023 05:51

I can do both time slots. Ready or Not is a big download so we should make sure the game works for everyone before Saturday.
Q-veta

Unread postby ChevRage » 09 Jan 2023 08:05

I can do both time slots. I'll get and download the game tonight.
ChevRage

Unread postby Some guy » 09 Jan 2023 22:51

I can only do 10 PM.
Some guy

Unread postby Jameson » 10 Jan 2023 01:20

I can do 1 PM UTC.
Jameson

Unread postby icycalm » 10 Jan 2023 05:14

Alright so we’re playing Factorio this Saturday and we’re trying again next Saturday. At least we got the hard part out of the way, which was finding the players.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby ChevRage » 16 Jan 2023 00:21

I won't be able to make this Saturday unfortunately. I'm heading down the coast to a friend's holiday house for a little over a week. I don't think I'll even be able to watch the stream if you guys end up playing, since my phone has lousy reception there.
ChevRage

Unread postby ChevRage » 23 Jan 2023 05:22

I'll be back on the Sunday, so I'll just miss those times I'm afraid.
ChevRage

Unread postby icycalm » 22 Mar 2023 05:11

We're finally playing this on Saturday at 1 PM, full team with me, Chev, Rory, Jameson and Q-veta. We can accommodate more people by cycling every match, and the game is 15% off on Steam right now, so if more want to play, post here. That said, it's not certain we'll like the game, so there may not be a second session. So if you don't want to risk your money, you can wait for our first impressions on Saturday evening...

If we do end up liking it, and want to keep playing it, we can keep playing it for a while because the devs are still adding stages and features to it. Plus, we can go back and play the SWAT games (at least one of which is 8-player I think I heard?) It all depends on whether enough of us like this sort of mechanics. We'll find out soon enough.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Online