default header

DAY 1: STREET FIGHTER 6

Moderator: JC Denton

DAY 1: STREET FIGHTER 6

Unread postby icycalm » 02 Jun 2023 02:36

So this just came out: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1364 ... _Fighter_6

Games thread: https://culture.vg/forum/topic?t=7641

It was apparently released at midnight UTC, which I have never seen before. Very cool.

I was planning to play this and Diablo 4 in June, but given how D4 turned out, I am happy to just focus on SF6.

Another interesting thing Capcom is trying with this game is charging twice the amount for extra stages lol. Even the Deluxe Edition won't get you the stages, from what I can see, you need the Ultimate Edition for €105 just for 2 extra stages lol. Moreover, the Ultimate Edition isn't much savings over the base game + Ultimate Pass, which comes out to €110. You're just saving €5 by buying the Ultimate Edition, so you may as well just play the base game, and if you like it enough, you upgrade later. Which will of course give you 4 extra characters down the line in addition to the 2 stages. In short, they've made the Deluxe Edition a bad deal, and super-incentivized everyone to pay double price on this game. Great tactic if you have a great game, not so great if you don't.

Please post here first if you want to play this with us. Don't just walk into a voice channel before doing this. I want the site to show activity in the Online forum as well as all others.

This game seems meant to finally put the street in Street Fighter, as there's a mode where you walk around the streets and pick fights with people? Not sure how that works, but I've been waiting for this for decades; at least ever since Suzuki failed to put good fighting in Shenmue, which had been billed as Virtua Fighter RPG, for those who remember that far back. SF6 won't be SF RPG, but walking the streets with your chosen character is certainly a start, and I want to check that out and support it. Maybe they'll go even further with SF7, who knows.

You could be forgiven for thinking this is Shenmue IV from these pics. It even has arcade machines! but... they just seem to be running SF6 lol. Capcom has a lot to learn about high-immersion gaming.

I'll hop on and give it a try as soon as I've had some more sleep. I am exhausted from pumping out the Battlegrounds update; the mere patch notes took half a day to write, and that was on top of a couple of days with barely any sleep. SF6 will be my minigame distraction while I recuperate. I am hoping it is good.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Re: DAY 1: STREET FIGHTER 6

Unread postby Saf » 02 Jun 2023 05:01

I've picked up a copy, will give it a quick try soon. Definitely want to see what the deal is with the adventure mode.
Saf

Unread postby icycalm » 02 Jun 2023 05:09

Humble has all editions for 17% off, so I am refunding on Steam and grabbing the Ultimate Edition: https://www.humblebundle.com

I think the discount is only because I am subbed to their Humble Choice monthly bundle.

Edit: Yep, that's the reason, and if I'd been subbed for 12 months or more it'd be 20% off.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Some guy » 02 Jun 2023 08:53

Already bought a copy so count me in!
Some guy

Unread postby recoil » 02 Jun 2023 12:39

I'll be around to throw down during the weekend.
recoil

Unread postby recoil » 04 Jun 2023 10:09

Just a heads up regarding online play, you'll need to create a Capcom ID at https://cid.capcom.com/en and link your Steam account. For the Capcom ID site, it asks you to create a nickname, I used Cultxrecoil because their censor prohibits the word "CULT" lol, but this nickname isn't used in-game and it can be edited once every 30 days. Once you link your Steam account, the game will ask you for your in-game nickname. I used CULTxrecoil which can be edited at any time.
recoil

Unread postby earthboundtrev » 04 Jun 2023 19:57

I've bought a copy of the game and set up my Capcom ID. I'll be around for a little bit for the remainder of this weekend to play if anyone is available.
earthboundtrev

Return to Online