default header

[PC] [MAC] Torchlight II

Moderator: JC Denton

[PC] [MAC] Torchlight II

Unread postby Rovan » 02 Jan 2013 09:25

This is an ARPG in the vein of the Diablo series. It's very polished. There are lots of little things that make it seem like the developers took the time to make it just how they wanted. Specifically, the random level generation is really well done. Terrain, enemy composition and even little events are changed on each playthrough.

Like Diablo, it can be played in a "Hardcore" mode where your character's death is permanent. Playing Hardcore seems a lot to me like using the 1CC rule. It forces you to play better, it makes every new enemy and area more exciting, etc. I've made a few Hardcore characters, all of whom are in heaven now. The highest level I've gotten to so far was 11.

I'm looking for people to play with, so if anyone is up for Hardcore, add me on Steam. My Steam name is Kirk. Also, the game's on sale on Steam until the 3rd.
Rovan

Unread postby icycalm » 17 Aug 2014 14:07

http://store.steampowered.com/app/200710/

Alternate game, in case infernovia can't make it for L4D today (or to play after L4D, at around 8 or 9PM UTC). 6-player Hardcore mode. Somali Pirate, you are welcome to join us if you want, but make sure you like the genre and don't drop out on us at the sight of the first difficulty spike. I need 5 more playas (OP is not around anymore).

Edit: I emailed the OP in case he wants to join us.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby jeffrobot494 » 29 Jan 2015 21:39

Coming to Mac on February 2nd. The trailer is great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC6AVn8hYnc
jeffrobot494

Unread postby jeffrobot494 » 02 May 2015 15:25

The Steam Workshop for this game is overflowing. There are tons of mods. Two that I noticed immediately were 1) eight-player multiplayer and 2) "Synergies", a critically-acclaimed total conversion that adds three classes and makes the whole game more difficult with more and more powerful monsters. Definitely bumps this game up a few spots on my want-to-play list.
jeffrobot494

Unread postby Robomoo » 11 Jul 2015 00:04

I was going to play this with a couple of friends but that fell through. If anyone wants to make a start on it, add me on Steam. I have tons of time to play games at the moment and am up for playing anything really.
Robomoo

Return to Online