default header

[PC] [MAC] [360] Left 4 Dead

Moderator: JC Denton

[PC] [MAC] [360] Left 4 Dead

Unread postby Qpo » 02 Nov 2013 14:02

Looking for people to play this with!

Unfortunately I've already played a little bit of the first campaign, but I hope it can be pardoned. Dunno how or if they are connected, but there are six campaigns, and I'd like to finish them all. PC version.
Qpo

Unread postby ksevcov » 02 Nov 2013 14:44

I'm in. We can do this after we are done with Alien Swarm.
ksevcov

Unread postby icycalm » 02 Nov 2013 17:23

I am in too if I have enough time to clean out a room in my apartment and set up my PC before the start date. When is the ETA for clearing Alien Swarm?
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby ksevcov » 02 Nov 2013 18:56

Hard to say. We played 4 hours today and managed to clear only the first mission. So it is going to take at least a month.
ksevcov

Unread postby Qpo » 03 Nov 2013 09:21

Playing with the same group would be cool, but I'd like to get started as soon as we are four and can find a timeslot which works for everyone. If that's when we're done with Alien Swarm then yeah, and not to stress or press, but I'm rearing to go.
Qpo

Unread postby icycalm » 03 Nov 2013 17:25

Maybe if we could get one more European for this game, we could play it midweek so as not to interfere with the Alien Swarm game.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby infernovia » 22 Feb 2014 08:34

Finished Resident Evil 6 with ksevcov, so I can join the team if you guys are still interested.
infernovia

Unread postby icycalm » 22 Feb 2014 12:51

I am out for now. Still no PC, and I am going traveling in a week or two. You should try PMing Qpo, because he hasn't been around in a while. He may even want to join you for LP2 too.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Qpo » 21 Mar 2014 18:45

I still really want to play this. Being all Europeans is preferable due to ping, but hopefully it won't be that big of an issue. Maybe we can give it a go right after we're done with LP2. I don't mind trying with only three (that's what I did before), but if we want to get anywhere we're going to need a full team.
Qpo

Unread postby Somali Pirate » 22 Mar 2014 10:40

Reporting in as potential Euro soldier, but I already played through both games when they came out. Forgot my fair share about it as well since then tho.
Somali Pirate

Unread postby icycalm » 22 Mar 2014 19:54

With a game like this (as well as with stuff like Diablo 3 on high difficulties) I don't think it matters if some of the players have already played the game. Since difficulty is essentially infinite (since you are never going to be good enough to beat all opponents) the more experienced the players the better. I could be wrong since I am not very well versed in this sort of game, but that's how I think of it at the moment.

If you guys give me a few days I'll try to get my game room set up in the next few days for reals. And for a game like this it's good that we are five. We should try setting up a clan if someone can think of a name.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Qpo » 21 Jul 2014 00:16

The co-op is for four players. The levels are the same each time you play them, but they randomize the spawning of enemies to keep it from being the exact same. Some key parts remain the exact same though. At least that's how I remember it.

I'm planning to barely speak for the part I've already played, basically being a grunt who stays in the back, and then taking more initiative once we're in unexplored territory. I would expect something similar from Somali Pirate, but is that reasonable to ask for for a whole game? A "hey guys, around this corner we will meet XYZ" would of course suck, but I fear that reading the body language of someone I know knows what's ahead will be enough to spoil. But maybe I'm overthinking things, and since he says he doesn't remember much anyway then it probably won't be a problem. But that leaves us with five players, if everyone is still in.

I'm still in, and I think ksevcov is still in. (We're playing Gears of War but it shouldn't get in the way.)

Also, there's a Mumble plug-in for this game, which, if we can get it to work, will let us speak with each other from our positions in-game.
Qpo

Unread postby icycalm » 21 Jul 2014 02:04

I want to try and have my PC set up for this weekend. If I do it, I think we can leave Somali Pirate out of the game since he has already finished it and the sequel, after all. I haven't played either of them. So it would be me, Qpo, ksevcov and infernovia. Preferably on Sunday, since I'll probably be playing Dead Rising 3 with recoil on Saturday. Who's in for Sunday?

And then we can move straight to the sequel.

ksevcov and infernovia haven't played either game at all, right?

(And by the way, if you guys are playing Gears of War, or any other game, I'd appreciated it if you started a thread here and made a little noise. I want to get as many people posting here as possible. We'll all benefit from this in the long run.)
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Qpo » 21 Jul 2014 09:53

I'm in for Sunday.
Qpo

Unread postby infernovia » 21 Jul 2014 14:52

No, I have not played the game before. I am in for Sundays.
infernovia

Unread postby ksevcov » 21 Jul 2014 19:50

Haven't played the game before. I am in for Sunday. What time do we start?
ksevcov

Unread postby icycalm » 22 Jul 2014 01:39

Okay, give me until Friday to see if I can get my PC up and running, and we'll talk about the time then. The limiting factor is infernovia. He controls the start time, more or less, and we control the end time.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 22 Jul 2014 01:43

Also, Wikipedia seems to say that all of L4D's campaigns have been "ported over" to L4D2, so if I am understanding this right, there's no reason for anyone to play the first game any more.

Wikipedia wrote:Eventually all Left 4 Dead campaigns were ported over to Left 4 Dead 2 and allowing for cross-platform support between Windows and Mac versions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left_4_Dead

Still, I prefer to play the first game as it was on release (more or less, give or take any patches) for review purposes, so that's what we are going to do.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 22 Jul 2014 01:44

And make sure everyone has working mics by Sunday!
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 22 Jul 2014 02:50

Also this:

Qpo wrote:Also, there's a Mumble plug-in for this game, which, if we can get it to work, will let us speak with each other from our positions in-game.

Maybe you and ksevcov can install this and test it, to make sure it works, before Friday? It sounds really cool.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby infernovia » 23 Jul 2014 04:15

I will be ready at 5PM UTC.
infernovia

Unread postby ksevcov » 23 Jul 2014 05:47

Ok, that's 8PM my time, so I can play for around 3 hours then.
ksevcov

Unread postby icycalm » 23 Jul 2014 12:39

Okay, that's the tentative time then, pending my building of my PC by then. I am already making progress, so I'll keep you updated.

If Qpo and/or infernovia can play longer (because I definitely can -- at least 4 or 5 hours longer), suggest some other game(s) to play after by starting other thread(s). How about something like AirMech [ > ] ? It tops out at 3v3, so we can have a full team in that, whereas all FPSes I know are either 2- or 4-player. Or make some other suggestion.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Qpo » 23 Jul 2014 20:43

I can (and want to) keep going as well. I'll throw up threads for any other candidates I come up with, but AirMech looks cool to me.

We'll be testing the positional voice thing tomorrow.
Qpo

Unread postby infernovia » 24 Jul 2014 04:52

I can play for longer, but probably only 2-3 hours more. AirMech looks cool, we can play that. I also have Planetary Annihilation, Supreme Commander and Total Annihilation.
infernovia

Next

Return to Online