default header

[ONE] [PC] Dead Rising 3

Moderator: JC Denton

[ONE] [PC] Dead Rising 3

Unread postby recoil » 17 May 2014 04:02

Anyone up to play Dead Rising 3? I can start on May 25th.
recoil

Unread postby icycalm » 17 May 2014 09:30

Xbone owner confirmed!

Too bad I am not home and don't have an Xbone anyway. Let us know how the game is once you play it.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 28 May 2014 23:23

I am back home and am considering getting an Xbone sometime in June. Don't know if you've started the game already, but if you haven't, and if no one else volunteers to play it with you in the meantime, I am down for it 100% sometime towards the end of the month.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby recoil » 29 May 2014 19:03

I started the game already, I'm about 4 hours in. I can hold off on playing, co-op looks like a lot of fun with the new mechanics and no load times between areas.
recoil

Unread postby icycalm » 29 May 2014 20:18

Ok. I'll keep you updated about my Xbone-buying plans. The main drag will be my desire for a US unit... which you could help speeding up by sending me one if I PayPal you the cash :)

Another thing I could do, if getting a US unit seems to drag on, is buy a Spanish unit to play the game, and then return it within 15 days for a refund (and if it takes us more than 15 days get another one from another shop). I just have to check if the return policy of my local electronics store (which I abused in the past for a couple of laptops) also covers game consoles, which I am pretty sure it does. In which case all I would need is a US copy of the game, which I can get easily.

Good news on the game front. Those load times sure sucked a bit of the fun from the last game.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby recoil » 29 May 2014 23:38

I can help out, just send me the details to my email and I'll see what I can do.
recoil

Unread postby icycalm » 29 May 2014 23:49

Ok, great. Gimme a week or two to sort out some stuff here (mainly cleaning out a room and finally setting up my PC), and I'll let you know if I'll be needing your help.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 06 Jun 2014 20:03

How do you feel about the announced PC port? 60fps 1080p if your machine can handle it...
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby recoil » 07 Jun 2014 03:52

lol, right when I get it they announce it for PC! Anyway, my machine barely makes the minimum specification, so I'll stick with the Xbone version. If you're planning on getting the PC version, you'll have to play without me.
recoil

Unread postby icycalm » 07 Jun 2014 03:55

Ok, we'll stick with the original version then.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 07 Jun 2014 17:03

Ordered the US version from Play-Asia and it'll be here within 21 days. By that time I will have gotten the console one way or another, so I'll keep you posted.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 26 Jun 2014 21:20

Got the game. Should be ready to play next weekend, but I'll let you know mid-week for sure.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 03 Jul 2014 01:21

How is your weekend looking? Could you play one, or better yet both days?
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby recoil » 03 Jul 2014 03:59

I can do both days on Saturday 7PM and Sunday 5PM UTC.
recoil

Unread postby icycalm » 03 Jul 2014 16:19

Great, let me look into buying the system tomorrow then, and I'll get back to you. I'll only have it for just under 2 weeks, so the more we can play in that time, the better. If we don't finish it, I'll just buy another system from another store for another 2 weeks, but I'd rather not have to.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 04 Jul 2014 21:56

I am getting the console tomorrow, but I don't know how long any updates and the game installation will take (I've heard it takes a while), so I am not sure I'll be ready to go by 7. I'll definitely be playing though, so if you are around and playing games at that time anyway, I'll call you and we can start. Otherwise Sunday 5PM as you suggested.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby recoil » 05 Jul 2014 08:17

I'll have my Xbox on at 7, so just ping me through Live when you get the updates and installs done.
recoil

Unread postby recoil » 23 Jul 2014 00:14

I'm down to play this Saturday at 6:30PM UTC. You'll need to complete the first mission before we can play co-op, same deal as the second game.
recoil

Unread postby icycalm » 23 Jul 2014 12:41

You know what, we just finished two games and I want to make sure I have my PC ready for Sunday so I don't stand up the other three guys, so let's skip this weekend to give me extra time to make sure I have everything set up. We are DEFINITELY starting next weekend though, if you are free.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby recoil » 28 Mar 2017 02:55

From the Discord server: https://discord.gg/7ZKAkEj

icycalm
@recoil So did you ever finish Dead Rising 3?

recoil
Never finished it

icycalm
You only played those 4 hours?

recoil
Yeah

icycalm
I have the One version
I just don't have a console, but I can get one
Or do you prefer the Steam version?
4 is crap and doesn't have real co-op by the way
I will publish a review soon
So 3 is the last we will play

recoil
Steam version is cheap enough and has all DLC included, so it's just a matter of seeing if the port is any good.

icycalm
I'll start looking for a deal
We can play after you are done with the For Honor campaign

recoil
Nice, can't wait to play it.

icycalm
"The port... well, I have a very nice computer and I am pretty sure I am not getting 60 FPS. Not much noticeable slowdown though but you are going to need something better than what ran DR2. Don't expect something hugely optimized, but I had no issues. I do not have a discerning eye for this sort of thing though. (EDIT: Let me be a bit clearer, from more experience. I do not think you could look at the framerate of this game and be at all impressed by it. I don't get thrown off by it, but it ain't silky smooth beauty. Not even close. No major performance issues though.)

NOTE: This comes with all the DLC, except that fancy Super Turbo Arcade DLC. That DLC will remain XBONE exclusive sadly."
Super Ultra Dead Rising 3' Arcade Remix Hyper Edition EX + α, also referred to as Super Dead Rising 3 for short, is a DLC for Dead Rising 3 exclusive to the Xbox One version. It is non-canon to the mainstream universe, and allows the player to control Frank West, Chuck Greene, Nick Ramos, and Katey Greene in an arcade parody of classic Capcom games. It was released on June 9th, 2014.

icycalm
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014- ... pha-review
It's a four player beat em up lol

recoil
Looks fucking ridiculous lol

icycalm
We need two others to play the campaign and join us for the DLC(edited)

recoil
Xbone exclusive too

icycalm
We could always play on the PC, and then switch to the Xbone for the DLC (edited)
Or just play the whole damn thing on the Xbone, since we have the copies already
Or maybe all the other DLC on the Xbone will cost as much as the Steam version?
I wouldn't be surprised

recoil
Saw the game on G2A for 7.99 €

icycalm
Ok, no contest
I'll buy it now

recoil
Just bought it

icycalm
Me too
Love that site

I finished the For Honor campaign with danjiro. I'm ready to start whenever you're ready.
recoil

Unread postby icycalm » 28 Mar 2017 03:19

I will be ready right after the Dawn of War III marathon. Until then, maybe we can wrap up Livelock with danjiro, and perhaps play something on PS4 now that I am about to set it up? (I have received everything except the camera and two cables, so I'll be waiting a few more days for those.)
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby recoil » 28 Mar 2017 15:06

I'm cool with either idea. I'll start looking at PS4 games.
recoil

Unread postby icycalm » 28 Mar 2017 15:15

Paragon might be a good idea. It's free, so everyone with a PS4 can join in, and I heard you can use a keyboard and mouse with it. I mean we'll also play it on PC eventually, if it's good enough to add it to the MP rotation, but we can first check it out on PS4, on the one hand because my laptop probably can't run it for shit now, and on the other to finally play something with all the console-only PS4 owners who haven't been able to play anything other with us so far.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Online