default header

[360] [PS3] [PC] [VAR] Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

Moderator: JC Denton

[360] [PS3] [PC] [VAR] Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

Unread postby icycalm » 14 Jul 2014 03:44

We are probably around 2/3rds of the way through with recoil, and it is better than I remembered it from our last attempt, because last time we spent an hour stuck at a dead-end and it left a sour taste in my mouth. It's a solid 3/5 isometric action-puzzler with some stat-light leveling aspects and very high production values for the genre. With the combat level set to Hard (in the options -- there's no selectable modes in the start menu) it's definitely not hard, but still quite enjoyable. A fun evening or two, for sure.

recoil and I will be playing the 4-player sequel [ > ] when it comes out (no release date yet), so we'll be needing two more players, and it'd be good (though not necessary) if they had played the first game, preferably together. So if you are interested in joining us for the next game, use this thread to set up a team to go through this one first, sometime before it comes out.

We are playing on the 360, which was the original version, but the game is available on every plarform under the sun by now:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lara_Croft ... n_of_Light

Android
BlackBerry PlayBook
OnLive
Google Chrome
iOS
Microsoft Windows
PlayStation 3
Xbox 360
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby recoil » 17 Jul 2014 07:47

I'm good to play this Sunday at 7PM UTC.
recoil

Unread postby icycalm » 17 Jul 2014 08:09

See you then.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 21 Jul 2014 02:22

We finished this. Gets quite hectic towards the end, and has a couple of smart puzzles too. 3/5 as I said.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Masahiro9891 » 25 Sep 2014 22:09

Nice game so far. CTF and I are about 40% through right now. I really enjoy the use of co-op in order to solve puzzles and platform sections. Make sure you play this with a controller though unless you're like CTF and can platform with a keyboard (I can't jump for shit with a keyboard lol). I also really like the atmosphere and the depth of the backgrounds. They're not shy about throwing a lot of enemies on screen at one time, so it makes the game feel more chaotic. After we finish we'll see about playing 4-player co-op with icy and recoil for the sequel that's coming out.
Masahiro9891
Insomnia Staff

Return to Online