Planetary Annihilation

[PC] [MAC] Planetary Annihilation

Moderator: JC Denton

Unread postby icycalm » 04 Jan 2015 01:41

So we have one team for sure.

We also got a new player today, sechastain (Platinum/Uber player) who has like 600+ hours in the game. He's on the Steam group, so you can add him. We played three 5v5s today with him, gave our opponents 1.5 eco, and still won all games. He says he'll probably play on Saturday, so if we get two more players we can enter two teams. Robby is eligible too, if he wants to play, and whoever has at least 30 hours in the game. I also sent an email to iban to invite him.

Very excited about this.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 04 Jan 2015 06:58

Invited one more player to the clan: Deletive. He's on our Steam group now, and I've given him the details to the Mumble server, so add him to your friend list and get him playing with us next time you see him online. He's got 219 hours in the game, so he should be good. I've also invited him to join Saturday's tournament, if he plays a few games with us and it all works out fine before then.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Agentx » 04 Jan 2015 12:38

I'd certainly like to play, though I don't know for certain that I can be connected for the entire duration. It's early enough, so it should be fine. cptconundrum suggested also having a backup for each team too, so let's see how many people we can get on board.

We've certainly got enough people playing to make this work. Does anyone have any experience with League of Commanders though?
Agentx

Unread postby icycalm » 04 Jan 2015 16:07

No one has played LoC. Hopefully we'll all try it out before then, but even if we don't, it doesn't matter. We are supposed to be practicing 4v4s for the Clan Wars match on the 17th anyway, but this looks like an easier tournament in which we might be able to make some headway, so we'll do it anyway. All the players who have signed up so far have 0% tournament wins:

http://exodusesports.com/tournament/loc-arena/players/

So I signed up the first team, and here's the provisional brackets:

http://exodusesports.com/tournament/loc-arena/brackets/

If we get to 6 players I'll sign up a second team.

The first team will include me and the two players from our roster who seem to be the most experienced, to give us the best shot at progressing. The second team will include everyone else. If we get to 7 or 8 players I'll enter the least experienced extras as substitutes, assuming they plan to be around during that time to watch the matches anyway, of course. I am not going to ask people to show up if it's not guaranteed that they'll play -- it'll be your choice.

So far we have:

icycalm
Some guy
jeffrobot494
agentx

sechastain has said yes, but we still need to confirm, and Deletive appears to want in too, but we need to play at least a few games with him before I ask him to commit to the date. Haven't heard from iban yet. Any other takers, let me know. We could even go for 3 teams if we reach 9.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby theiban » 05 Jan 2015 13:39

I will battle on the tournament next Saturday. What do I have to do?
theiban

Unread postby icycalm » 05 Jan 2015 16:12

Install the following mods:

PA Stats
System Sharing
League of Commanders (UI mod)
League of Commanders (server mod)

And try to play the LoC mod as much as possible with us this week, especially when the tournament systems get revealed today or tomorrow.

And make 100% sure that you are on Mumble on Saturday at 6:30PM UTC. Even earlier, if you want to get a few warm-up games with your team before the tournament starts (if there are 2 teams we could even warm up against each other).

Also, every player taking part should read the tournament rules carefully:

http://exodusesports.com/tournament/loc-arena/rules/

I'll talk to sechastain and Deletive tonight or tomorrow night, and then I'll set the teams. If both of them are in, we could use 2 more players to make 3 teams, otherwise Robby will have to be put in one team as a reserve player, if he's okay with it.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby recoil » 07 Jan 2015 05:34

I will not be able to play in the tournament this Saturday.
recoil

Unread postby icycalm » 09 Jan 2015 01:37

Via PM:

sechastain wrote:LoC Saturday

I'll plan on being there for Saturday.

Also, I'm a Gold/Platinum player - not Platinum/Uber. But thanks for the vote of confidence ;)

So the teams, as I see them now, are:

Team A
icycalm
jeffrobot494
sechastain

Team B
Some guy
theiban
agentx

I still haven't spoken to or even played with Deletive (has anyone else played with him?), so I'll see if I can do that tomorrow, and then I'll register the teams. If anyone wants to bow out in the meantime for whatever reason, it's no big deal, just let me know as soon as you know.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 10 Jan 2015 01:35

We are go for tomorrow:

http://exodusesports.com/tournament/loc-arena/players/
http://exodusesports.com/tournament/loc-arena/brackets/

And we are not even fighting each other in the first round, which is exactly what I wanted (though I guess there is a chance they will change the brackets around at the last minute...)

Everyone should be on Mumble at 6:30PM UTC, and if others want to drop by and watch the game with us, you are welcome (email me if you don't have a Mumble password, or message me on Steam when you see me online). The team that's not playing will be watching the games anyway, so there'll be a bunch of people there tomorrow.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 10 Jan 2015 05:20

Deletive is out for tomorrow so Robby is 100% in.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 10 Jan 2015 19:53

Tournament starts in 5 minutes. Watch it here: http://www.twitch.tv/teamexodusesports
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 10 Jan 2015 23:59

Results:

1. Jelly
2. ATHENA
3. Cult A
4. Cult B
5. Warlords

Some of our matches were casted, and can be seen already on Exodus' stream. I'll link the videos when they get uploaded on YouTube. They were fun, if brief, battles.

Also, sechastain has joined Team Burning lol. Same thing that Polish guy did a couple months back, and presumably also that smurf dude recently. I just want to take a moment here to explain why this is retarded. All these middling players are flocking to the big clans as if this were a real war or something. But it's not a real war, retards, and all you are accomplishing is making sure that you will never take part in a real tournament. I mean, look at the Realm. They have 50+ players signed up for Clan Wars, but how many of them actually got to play? 5? 10? Meanwhile, I can play in every match if I want to, because this is my fucking clan. So what's better, being a good player in a clan flooded with great players, who will never let you play in a tournament except once in a blue moon if you ask really nicely, or being the best player in a clan of intermediates, where you can play every game and even actually lead them? We'd be much better off if the big clans stopped vacuuming all the players up, and instead let them join smaller clans or start their own. We'd have 50 clans now instead of 6 if you little sheep stopped acting like sheep all the time.

People will say I am being butthurt, and in a sense I am, but not in the sense they understand it. I am annoyed that I have to track these people down, invite them to join, set their accounts up on Insomnia/Steam/Mumble/Exodus and so on, and then after a week or two of all this effort, see them quit because they want to be with the "cool kids" (which, if you've understood my essays on the subject, means "with the autists").

I mean look at this tournament. The only reason sechastain competed in it, and got his 2 first tournament wins, is because I invited him to play with us and set everything up for him. Team Burning didn't play. The Realm didn't play. PAG didn't play. VoW didn't play. Only Promethean entered a team, and Cult had two of them.

Anyway, enough. Y'all are sheep and losers, so enjoy sitting on the "winners'" bench while we actually PLAY in all the tournaments.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 11 Jan 2015 00:10

Look at it this way, to understand why we are talking about weaklings.

What's more of a challenge, entering one of the top five clans, or entering a lower clan and helping it rise higher?

So we see once again, as I have explained at length in my essay on versus multiplayer games [ > ], that the very LAST thing that "competitive" players want is challenge. They just want to be cool in the virtual realm because they are not in reality, and joining these "cool" clans accomplishes that fine for them, even if that means that they never actually get to compete. Meanwhile, I care about competition -- i.e. about PLAYING the damn game -- a million times more than them, and that's why I am actually competing, and why I am therefore a million times more "competitive" than them.

So see you on the battlefield, sheeplings -- or not, as the case may be, since your clan leaders will never allow you to actually fight in any fight that matters.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby recoil » 12 Jan 2015 07:25

Just a reminder of the January fixtures:

17th January 2015 - 13:00 UTC - Team Burning vs. The Cult vs. PA Gods
31st January 2015 - 19:00 UTC - The Realm vs. Voices of War vs. Promethean

For the 17th we'll do the matches in this order:

Team Burning vs. The Cult
Team Burning vs. PA Gods
PA Gods vs. The Cult
Team Burning vs. The Cult
Team Burning vs. PA Gods
PA Gods vs. The Cult

For the 31st the order will be:

Voices of War vs. Promethean
The Realm vs. Promethean
The Realm vs. Voices of War
Voices of War vs. Promethean
The Realm vs. Promethean
The Realm vs. Voices of War

All clans should arrive in IRC no later than thirty minutes before the tournament start and have their liaison on Mumble by this time as well. If you're not playing then you should be setting up the lobby for your game using the appropriate home system. Teams which finish a game should immediately move to the next lobby if playing again, or setup a lobby if they have a break.

Make sure you've had a good night's sleep because these will be longer than normal.

Let me know of any questions in advance.

Regards,

Quitch
recoil

Unread postby icycalm » 12 Jan 2015 07:49

It sounds really epic. I will do my best to be there, but I am not 100% sure I'll make it. I may be travelling to France at the end of this week, and if I do so I don't know if I'll have a solid internet connection on my arrival. So I'll either try to book a good hotel for Saturday and make sure they have a good connection, or postpone my trip for next week in order to be home for the matches.

So right now I can say with 90% certainty that I am in.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby recoil » 13 Jan 2015 04:45

Awesome, it'll be good to have the supreme commander on board for the games. I'm all in for the day.
recoil

Unread postby jeffrobot494 » 13 Jan 2015 08:53

Sorry guys, I don't want to mess my sleep schedule up. Tournament's at 5AM. If we can't get a fourth though, I'll do it.
jeffrobot494

Unread postby ChevRage » 13 Jan 2015 16:47

I can play, but I probably won't be as reliable as jeff in-game. Currently he has 130 hours on me, and I haven't played the game for almost 2 months (mostly because I haven't been at home to play on the PC). And aside from tonight where I'm too exhausted to play anything, I won't be home for the next few days as well. I'll be playing the game all day Friday however, and as much as possible on Saturday.

I'm definitely up to play on Saturday, but I feel like I should mention that I'm not really going to be up to scratch. It's up to you to make the call icy, perhaps I'm no longer eligible to play in this game for your standards. And, well, I apologise for the inconvenience.
ChevRage

Unread postby Some guy » 13 Jan 2015 16:48

I'll be there!
Some guy

Unread postby icycalm » 13 Jan 2015 18:41

Since we'll be doing 2 megabases in 3 of our 4 games, it will not be too bad if less experienced players like chevvy and Rory play, since all they'll have to do is move the armies around, which isn't as challenging as managing an entire base + army. (See the strategy thread for more details on our strategy.) I would have preferred jeff in place of chevvy, it is true, but since we are playing effectively on Australian time (because that's where Team Burning is from), it's good to have an Australian to use and give jeff a break (by the way recoil, I hope you've noticed the time is 1PM and not 7 as usual...)

As for the 4th match... all I can say is that Rory, and especially chevvy, should do as many ranked 1v1s as they can in whatever time they have to play the game. If they only have one afternoon, so be it. It's still better than not playing at all. And at any rate my plan for the Team Burning system still effectively starts with a megabase (again, read my strategy forum post), so we should still be okay.

I think 4 consecutive fights against organized opponents and expert casting will be a huge rush, so let's look forward to it for all the fun we are going to have. Hopefully it will energize everyone to keep playing, and improve for the next, and final, match against The Realm, and for future tournaments and Season 2 of Clan Wars (which should have at least 10 clans, and perhaps see us fighting more equally-matched opponents).

I will be 100% there, by the way. I'll postpone my trip for Sunday or early next week.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 13 Jan 2015 18:46

And by the way, we have a new player, from Italy this time: fede16071995 (Federico). I played with him and Deletive the other day, and they know their stuff. fede has 100+ hours in the game but he's only recently started playing the Steam version, which is why he doesn't seem to have so many hours on it.

There are a couple minor problems, e.g. that Federico never stops rambling during a match about every little thing he's doing at his base, which can really get tiresome after a while, and both he and Deletive are very impatient when trying to fill a 4v5 or 4v6 lobby, and like the randoms keep suggesting that we do 4v4s instead to start earlier, but if they can work these problems out and assimilate to the way we do things, they'll be a lot of fun to play with because they know the game and they play it almost every day.

Try to message them when you see them on Steam and play with them. I am hoping that I'll have 5 or 10 new guys at least for Clan Wars Season 2, and we'll need them, since with the extra clans there will be so many more matches to play...
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby recoil » 16 Jan 2015 00:03

TO ALL CLAN WARS REPS AND EVENT STAFF

I believe the patches have changed metal distribution again so we're opening the floor to MEX layout changes. No terrain changes. Please ensure your system has been modified by 1900 UTC on the 16th January and uploaded to system sharing if you wish to submit a change. That's two days from now.

We won't be allowing additional sign-ups. I know some of you want to bring in new members, but you've only got two more fixtures to go so do your best. We'll review how rosters are handled for the next season.

Regards,

Quitch

I checked out the MEX layout to our system, seems alright to me. I'll leave it as is unless there's any objections or someone has a good idea for a layout change.
recoil

Unread postby icycalm » 16 Jan 2015 04:19

Guys, make sure you are on Mumble at 12:30PM UTC, as per the tournament rules...
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby jeffrobot494 » 16 Jan 2015 23:43

Starting in like 5 hours, I'll be on looking to play PA for a couple hours if you guys want some practice.
jeffrobot494

Unread postby recoil » 17 Jan 2015 03:29

TO ALL CLAN WARS REPS AND EVENT STAFF

We recommend that your members have Faster Server Browser installed due to issues with Uber's current code. Please see this post for details.

Regards,

Quitch
recoil

PreviousNext

Return to Online