Planetary Annihilation

[PC] [MAC] Planetary Annihilation

Moderator: JC Denton

Unread postby icycalm » 10 Sep 2014 00:09

Turnus will be our 13th clan member. He's put about six hours into the game, so he must have the basics down. Add him to your friends list when you see him on the Insomnia group (he hasn't accepted the invite yet, so he's not there now, but you can find him on my friends list until he does), and play with him whenever you see him online.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 10 Sep 2014 16:51

Our 14th clan member is watatatow (¯\(°_o)/¯ on Steam), but he doesn't have the game and a headset yet, so he'll let us know when he's got them.

chevvy (ChevRage on Steam) also has PA and has put 9 hours into it, but he hasn't got back to me yet on if he wants to play it with us.

And finally 2garinz (Les Grossman on Steam) has PA on his wishlist, so I've asked him if he wants to get the game and join us, but again no answer yet.

So 14 clan members and 2 new prospects for now. We are getting there for the 20v20 games :)
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 10 Sep 2014 23:48

We played an epic 4v4 fight with Qpo, Masa and jeffrobot tonight on our home system. Dragged on for over an hour with much back and forth. Won't spoil the result because I am trying to get Brian Purkiss to cast it for us. He's a very good caster. I sent him a tenner to buy himself a couple of drinks because it's a long match and he'll need them. If he does it I'll use the video to launch the Insomnia YouTube channel with it.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 11 Sep 2014 04:04

chevvy/ChevRage will be our 15th clan member, and Melty our 16th (he's already put close to 12 hours in the game, so he knows the basics). 2garinz/Les Grossman is busy with stuff, so he'll join at a later date.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 12 Sep 2014 06:32

Clan Wars trailer (and we are in it). Pretty cool shit.

https://forums.uberent.com/threads/clan ... ost-998557

Quitch wrote:We've got ourselves a league, people. The first game is scheduled, the home systems are online, let's do this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N67XTELSI0I

Also:

https://twitter.com/RealmBurger/status/ ... 4229718016

The Realm wrote:.@exodusesport Four moons which are soon to be free from PAG SCUM. By the time we're done they'll be BEGGING us to drop a moon on them.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 12 Sep 2014 17:02

Quitch wrote:I'm looking to setup another two Clan Wars matches so every clan will have played once before we start repeating names.

The next two dates are 27th September and 11th October. Times will be arranged depending on the clans involved. We'll probably try and keep it to a fixture every two weeks or so.

So, do you have a preference between the two? The faster the response the more likely you are to get your preferred date.

Regards,

Quitch

I am down for the 27 September (it's again a Saturday). Let me know your status asap, please, guys, so I can get back to him. As before, a provisional yes will be acceptable. As long as I have 5 or 6 of those, I can reply to him with some confidence. danjiro, The Hanged Man and jeffrobot are eligible as long as they put an extra 20 hours or so into the game before that date (though I will still prefer the guys with more hours if they can make it). Some guy needs a new computer to play on the tournament :( ksevcov would need a lot more hours.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby jeffrobot494 » 12 Sep 2014 19:35

I can give you a provisional yes.
jeffrobot494

Unread postby icycalm » 12 Sep 2014 19:44

You'll also need a new headset that's reliable.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby recoil » 12 Sep 2014 21:03

I'm in.
recoil

Unread postby Masahiro9891 » 12 Sep 2014 21:49

I'll be there.
Masahiro9891
Insomnia Staff

Unread postby Qpo » 12 Sep 2014 22:08

I'm in.
Qpo

Unread postby icycalm » 12 Sep 2014 22:22

Ok, we are past the bare minimum of players, so I told him yes and I am waiting for his answer. In the meantime, the first two matches are taking place 20 hours from now, and the links to the streams are on the sidebar here:

http://exodusesports.com/tournament/clanwars/players/

Whoever wants to watch them with me, meet me in the Mumble server, and we can play PA after. (And whoever doesn't have the password either email me or send a text on Steam to someone else who has it.)
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby jeffrobot494 » 13 Sep 2014 23:44

Me, Masahiro and Some guy just finished a 3v3v3. We took two moons to the face and kept on truckin'.

Screen Shot 2014-09-13 at 6.39.10 PM.png
jeffrobot494

Unread postby icycalm » 14 Sep 2014 23:45

tackywoolhat/The Double Doors of Perception will be our 17th clan member (he's got the game, and he needs to get a mic now), and CTF will be the 18th.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby danjiro » 01 Oct 2014 05:39

Masa and I just finished a 2v2. Overwhelmed them with military might and annihilated them in style!

2014-10-01_00003.jpg
Boom!

We even got a nice, shiny achievement for our efforts.
danjiro

Unread postby Masahiro9891 » 03 Oct 2014 01:43

I won't be able to make the Clan Wars game on October 11, sorry guys.
Masahiro9891
Insomnia Staff

Unread postby icycalm » 04 Oct 2014 04:18

Is anyone even looking forward to the league matches anymore, or are we just doing this because we said we'd do it?

My two gripes are these: One is that I don't feel like my teammates want to be in this. And two -- I can't deny it any longer, or try to keep it in private communications -- I HATE the organizers.

To give you an idea of how awful they are, consider this. In the first two league matches, one of the teams broke two of their sacred rules and they did nothing. In the first match one player said "gg" in the middle of the match without deleting his commander (as per the rules) and the organizers did nothing (whereas they were supposed to end the match on the spot and give it to the opposing team). In the second match the same player picked red for his team, instead of the blue he was supposed to pick, and again the organizers did nothing (whereas they were supposed to end the match and rehost it until the player picked the correct color, or give the match to the opposing team). In both cases we complained about this in the Twitch chat (we were watching the games live), and in both cases the organizers brushed off our complaints as "trolling". In the second case they even kicked Rory out of the chat for pointing out their duplicity.

So basically, if you are their buddy, you can run roughshod over the rules. If you are not their buddy they will kick you out of the league for the most minor of infractions.

EVERY. SINGLE. email I receive from them has this format:

"Do this and this and that, OR you will be ejected from the tournament". Check the latest one for example:

TO: The Cult, Voices of War

Hi,

Due to changes made by the recent patch it is possible the metal distribution on your home systems has changed significantly, therefore we will allow both clans to adjust the metal sliders (and the metal sliders alone) for their home system.

Any updated system must be submitted by this time next week. Uploads after this time will be rejected.

Regards,

Quitch

Every email is like this. The key words are always REJECTED, EJECTED, DISQUALIFIED, etc. etc. I wouldn't mind it so much if he were that strict with EVERYONE, but it is plain that his buddy from PAG or the dudes from The Realm can do whatever the hell they want and no one can stop them.

I have reached a point where I would feel disgusted with myself for even giving him an answer. That's why I haven't answered him yet. In fact, if we were to withdraw from the tournament I wouldn't even bother telling them about it. I would just let them show up on the day and wait for us all day.

Hell, if someone links them to this they'd almost certainly kick us out, and I don't care. I just want to keep playing PA without having to worry every other week about a bunch of sociopathic little aspies. All this elaborate show of professionalism, whereas at bottom they are just a bunch of online playground bullies. The association with them is seriously ruining my enjoyment of the game.

I am sorry, recoil. Maybe you would like me to make you our point of contact with them? If you are willing to take care of all the formalities, and do the little interviews on Twitch before and after the match, etc., I will definitely show up on the dates and play the game. I just don't want to have any more communication with these people.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby recoil » 04 Oct 2014 09:06

If there's still interest from the others and we confirm a team for next Saturday, I'll be the point of contact.
recoil

Unread postby icycalm » 05 Oct 2014 02:09

We have less than 48 hours to resubmit our system, and Qpo doesn't seem interested in giving us an answer (even though he has seen your post -- I checked), so I removed him from the clan. If he wants to get back in he has to buy you, me and Masa Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris on Steam.

I don't mind playing 2v4 with you, if you don't mind.

To resubmit the system enable the "System Sharing" mod on PAMM, then go to the Clan Wars folder and find our system, download it, edit it to make sure both metal sliders are set to 100, then reupload it to the "General" folder (or whatever it's called), and then email Quitch to tell him to take it from there and move it to the Clan Wars folder. I'll email you Quitch's email address.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby jeffrobot494 » 05 Oct 2014 03:41

Do you need me to play?
jeffrobot494

Unread postby icycalm » 05 Oct 2014 04:03

By all means, jump in.

Will you be using your Mac or your PC to play?
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby jeffrobot494 » 05 Oct 2014 04:17

PC. Oh man, I just realized I'll be able to crank the graphics way up. Awesome.
jeffrobot494

Unread postby icycalm » 05 Oct 2014 04:25

We'll be playing on huge systems with huge armies, so just because the game runs well at the early stages on Uber, doesn't mean that it will also run well in the endgame. Test this before to make sure. We don't want you having to fiddle in the settings mid-game.

But yeah, the higher detail is amazing. Those shadows...
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Qpo » 05 Oct 2014 04:42

I'm looking forward to play on the 11th, if you'll have me (I hope the gift email came through). Going back into the game after not having played for a while is lots of fun.
Qpo

Unread postby icycalm » 05 Oct 2014 04:52

Ok, that's something then. Let's hope recoil manages to edit the system in time.
icycalm
Hyperborean

PreviousNext

Return to Online