Divinity: Original Sin

[PC] [MAC] [PS4] [ONE] Divinity: Original Sin

Moderator: JC Denton

Unread postby danjiro » 02 Jan 2017 19:49

I can join you guys if you still need a player. Haven't touched this one at all yet but I've been meaning to get around to it.
danjiro

Unread postby icycalm » 02 Jan 2017 20:12

I had in mind to ask you. Also, Robomoo, since everyone says he's very reliable and he has DOS in his library. I am in favor of Robomoo over CTF, even though CTF expressed his interest earlier, because no one has ever played with CTF for any extended length of time, and his playing habits seem sporadic. If there was no other choice I'd say go with him, but given a better choice it is imperative to pick the person who seems most likely to stick with you until the end. You really don't want to embark on 100+ hours of gaming (if we include DOS2, which we should because I don't want to play it with a different team) with someone who might ditch you half-way through, and be forced to start over. So whoever wants to volunteer for the longer games has to first prove himself in the shorter ones, to gain our trust and confidence.

Another thing I want to propose, which is now possible because of the new players (assuming Robomoo agrees to join, of course), is a reshuffling of the teams into an EU and a US one, which should be very beneficial in terms of scheduling, and considering how long these games will take to finish. So I propose the following teams:

EU team
icycalm
Some guy
The Hanged Man
Robomoo

US team
jeffrobot494
recoil
stevenberg
danjiro

P.S. I will be ready to play within a couple of weeks at most, once my laptop arrives from Athens.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Some guy » 02 Jan 2017 22:36

Sounds good to me!
Some guy

Unread postby Hanged Man » 02 Jan 2017 23:52

Yeah, sounds good. Robomoo should be back in a few days, if he agrees then we got ourselves a team.
Hanged Man

Unread postby Robomoo » 05 Jan 2017 19:14

I'm in.
Robomoo

Unread postby icycalm » 05 Jan 2017 19:56

My laptop is on its way, should be here by the end of next week if I am lucky, so we can begin shortly after.

I hope the US guys have no objection to the rearrangement of the teams. If they do, say so and we'll stick with the previous teams.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 05 Jan 2017 19:59

Also, DOS: Enhanced Edition is 39,99 in the EU Steam store, but Collector's Edition costs 64,99 and includes an extra copy, so I am thinking of buying it. Does anyone want the extra copy for 30 euros?
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby recoil » 05 Jan 2017 21:23

The new arrangement sounds good to me.
recoil

Unread postby icycalm » 20 Feb 2017 07:36

Spoke to Qpo and he's definitely not coming back for this game. Moreover, it looks like the US team isn't planning anything, with stevenberg gone and jeff not playing anything these days, so by playing with the European guys I'd be basically leaving recoil alone. And because I enjoyed playing this game with him, and I don't want to leave him alone on principle, I am gonna stick with him and try to make a full team. I live more or less on US time anyway, so scheduling is not a problem for me. So I will email stevenberg to see if he wants to play, and I presume danjiro is still in. So I am gonna try to see if we can get started this weekend. I am available either or both days starting 8PM UTC. Who's in? I will email stevenberg once I have replies from recoil and danjiro.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby danjiro » 20 Feb 2017 15:56

I'm still in. This weekend I'm going camping with some friends so I'll be gone until Sunday. I should be back and ready to play around 10PM UTC, though possibly earlier. I'll let you guys know if I get back ahead of schedule.

I can also be available most weekdays at 11PM UTC if you give me the heads up ahead of time.
danjiro

Unread postby icycalm » 20 Feb 2017 18:18

I don't think it will be helpful to let us know if you get back ahead of schedule, unless everyone happens to be sitting at their computers at the time, which for three people is a bit unlikely.

If we start at 10PM UTC I could probably play for four hours at least, maybe five or six if I am not too tired, so that would be quite sufficient for a first session. Anything above four hours is more than enough, I think.

Midweek I could do too, but again it is unlikely that both the others would, especially at that time.

Let's wait to see whether recoil will be available on Sunday then. Otherwise we can try for the next weekend.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby recoil » 21 Feb 2017 02:09

This Sunday works for me and I'm okay with working in some week days.

Are we upgrading to the Enhanced Edition?
recoil

Unread postby icycalm » 21 Feb 2017 07:36

Yes, and it seems we already all have it in our libraries, so Larian must have given it to us for free at some point.

I will email stevenberg, and we can discuss weekdays later on this week, depending on what he says.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 21 Feb 2017 14:38

Steven says he is in, but he'll need a month or two before he can fit it in his schedule, so let's play something else while we wait for him. There's that 3-player overhead shooter I posted about in the Games forum a while back, or we can try something else if more people can make the date. I'll bump some threads and see if there is interest.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Some guy » 22 Feb 2017 15:38

Ok THM and Robomoo, we need a fourth player. Whoever is interested in joining us just post in this thread. Unfortunately I won't be able to play this weekend and probably next weekend too but we can at least find another player and see what times suit everyone.
Some guy

Unread postby Some guy » 22 Feb 2017 16:08

Oops, my bad, I had forgotten about jeff. He can join us if he wants to.
Some guy

Unread postby icycalm » 22 Feb 2017 16:11

He doesn't have access to the site currently, his subscription ran out.

If I had neglected to ask this, and you had started without even talking to him, I would have kicked you out of the clan. I will not tolerate such blatant disregard for teammates. If you are not capable of taking charge of a team and organizing it properly -- not even to the miniscule amount of attention required to remember who your teammates are -- leave the job to someone else who is.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Some guy » 14 Mar 2017 20:52

I've messaged jeff on Discord and he said that his Sundays are free now and for the foreseeable future. THM and Robomoo what times on Sundays work for you two?
Some guy

Unread postby Hanged Man » 14 Mar 2017 22:27

I should be free on Sundays starting 2PM GMT+3.
Hanged Man

Unread postby Steven Berg » 29 Apr 2017 23:43

I'm sorry for the delay, everybody, but I will finally have time to start playing regularly by the end of May.
Steven Berg

Unread postby Steven Berg » 28 May 2017 18:34

I'll be ready to start next weekend.
Steven Berg

PreviousNext

Return to Online