default header

Role-playing vs. Cosmic War vs. Misc. MP

Moderator: JC Denton

Role-playing vs. Cosmic War vs. Misc. MP

Unread postby icycalm » 01 Apr 2015 00:53

I am back home for good, more or less, and will probably be going online for gaming starting later this week. The problem is, I've so much stuff I'd like to play, that it's gonna be hard deciding which. How is everyone else feeling? Role-playing and Cosmic War are both possibilities, but so is the Master Chief Collection in preparation for Halo 5, and the Gears games, and a ton of other MP games that would all clash with bigger commitments like role-playing and Cosmic War.

What do you guys feel like playing over the next few weeks? I am really up for anything. I am in fact up for so much stuff, that I almost feel paralyzed to choose and fear I may not end up playing anything lol.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Some guy » 01 Apr 2015 14:46

My first choice is Role-playing and my second choice is Cosmic War. My Easter holiday starts on Friday and ends on the 20th of April so I'll have quite a bit of free time over the next couple of weeks.
Some guy

Unread postby ksevcov » 01 Apr 2015 15:40

I would like for us to finish Left 4 Dead. Qpo isn't visiting the forums anymore, but I'm sure we can contact him on Steam.
ksevcov

Unread postby icycalm » 01 Apr 2015 16:35

Didn't I post somewhere what Qpo told me? He can't get any work done in his life while playing with us and reading Insomnia, apparently, so he quit until further notice. It wouldn't be considerate of us to bother him before he decides to return on his own. L4D will have to wait.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Hanged Man » 01 Apr 2015 16:36

I'm super up for role-playing. If that doesn't work out, I'll play almost anything multiplayer on PC or PS4.
Hanged Man

Unread postby jeffrobot494 » 01 Apr 2015 19:52

My first choice would be role-playing, but I'm up for anything. Playing one of the IE games would be fun.
jeffrobot494

Unread postby icycalm » 02 Apr 2015 00:31

Rory, pretty much anything we could choose apart from random PA or say CS:GO sessions would require lengthy commitment, so a couple of weeks of holidays make no difference either way. You couldn't even finish a single Halo in that kind of timeframe with the one or two sessions max a week that we normally play.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby recoil » 02 Apr 2015 05:31

First choice: Cosmic War
Second choice: Role-playing
Third choice: Misc. MP
recoil

Unread postby icycalm » 03 Apr 2015 19:09

I think that we could play both role-playing, which seems to be the most popular, and Cosmic War, as long as we save our Sundays for role-playing and schedule CW matches on random days and times when the participants can make it. CW matches can be resolved in anything between 10 minutes and an hour, so they are easy to fit in randomly, but for role-playing you really need a big chunk of time to get anything done: 4-5 hours minimum, and ideally closer to 6 or 7.
Last edited by icycalm on 03 Apr 2015 19:20, edited 1 time in total.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 03 Apr 2015 19:14

The other interesting thing that's happened, is that Zaphod quit PA because he says he got burned out. And also Boggles, the leader of Angel's Court, stopped playing and dissolved the clan because he's battling "internet addiction" or something. I am sure all this is temporary, and both Zaphod and Boggles will be back in due course, as I am after every time I take a break (after all, it's not like there's any other RTS they could play...), but for the time being there seems to be a good opportunity to step into this vacuum and grab people's attention. There's really nothing else exciting going on in the PA MP scene right now, and even Exodus seems to be having trouble creating much enthusiasm for Clan Wars season 2: https://forums.uberent.com/threads/clan ... war.68416/
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby recoil » 10 Apr 2015 04:12

I'm up for role-playing on Sundays. Starting next Sunday on April 19 would work for me and it'll give me some more time to work on my character.

As for PA, I've got some more time during the weekdays, so if any one wants to play during the week, let's schedule some team games in the PA thread to get into the flow of things again.
recoil

Unread postby icycalm » 11 Apr 2015 01:32

Let's take it one thing at a time because these are big projects. Once we've established one on a regular basis, we can try incorporating a second one. And since Cosmic War is easier/less involved, let's give that a try at first.

I just started watching Daredevil and will probably take all weekend to get through it (good stuff, by the way, check it out). Next weekend I plan to be available for warm-up PA matches, and the weekend after that (or the weekdays after that or whatever) we can start the first official battles. In the meantime, I'll go back to the CW forum and hash out all the details that remain. I want to make one or two major changes.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Online