default header

[PC] [PS4] [ONE] Livelock

Moderator: JC Denton

[PC] [PS4] [ONE] Livelock

Unread postby icycalm » 22 Feb 2017 16:05

Game thread: http://culture.vg/forum/topic?t=5475

I posted a Steam review in there. Basically, most reviews say the game is mechanically sound and good-looking, but short and easy, even on the hardest difficulty setting. On the other hand, everyone seems to be using infinite continues -- though one dude did say he finished it with only four or five continues -- so if we play it with some self-limitations maybe we can get more than the five to eight hours out of it that everyone else seems to be getting. To be honest though, I just want to put a few quick clears under my belt before I commit to long, hard games, and this seems to fit the bill pretty well. The only downside is that it's not currently on sale, but at €20 I don't mind paying full price for it. Moreover, a 3-pack goes for €45 on the Humble Store, so that brings it down to €15:

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/sear ... h/livelock

So dan, and recoil: how about we play this midweek? I am free tonight at 11PM UTC, or even later, and also tomorrow and Friday. Let me know.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby recoil » 22 Feb 2017 16:18

I'm in. I should be able to play tonight.
recoil

Unread postby danjiro » 22 Feb 2017 16:34

Sounds good. I can play tonight and tomorrow night.
danjiro

Unread postby icycalm » 22 Feb 2017 16:41

I emailed you the keys and I am installing now. I have a 10% discount on the Humble Store because of the subscription, so if you send me €13 each we are good. See you at 11. dan is streaming at 1080p30.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 23 Feb 2017 06:44

It was nice playing with you guys tonight. Really glad the game turned out to be cool too. Everyone else should check out our 4.5-hour broadcast on Twitch.

I am available again today (Thursday) at 11PM UTC and tomorrow (Friday) same time. Let me know if either day suits you.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby recoil » 23 Feb 2017 16:17

I'm good for both days.
recoil

Unread postby danjiro » 23 Feb 2017 16:49

I'm good for tonight, but tomorrow night I won't be able to make it.
danjiro

Unread postby icycalm » 27 Feb 2017 08:19

About this game...

When we started playing it I thought it would be a solid 3/5. During the first 1/3rd to one-half I thought it was a 4/5 and that I would write an in-depth review of it to explain why, and then during the last 1/3rd that we are playing now I think it's gone completely downhill and is repetitive and boring. I am guessing we have a good four or five hours more to the end, but I am fairly sure we won't have much fun getting there and are better off putting that time in For Honor or some other brand-new game. So I am fine with abandoning this game at this point. We've most probably already experienced all the cool stuff this game had to offer and had as much fun as we'll ever have with it.

However, I do have a completionist streak, and that part of me wants to finish this. So if either or both of you find this option attractive, I am down for that too. Instead of solving the conflict in my head, I'll just let you guys decide what to do.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby danjiro » 28 Feb 2017 15:33

Looks like we're close to the end so the completionist in me is urging me to finish it, but it is getting a bit tedious. I wouldn't want to push any other games down the list for this one, but if we have a moment I wouldn't mind taking a few hours to finish this and earn those sweet, sweet achievements.
danjiro

Unread postby icycalm » 28 Feb 2017 15:35

Ok, good idea: we play this if the three of us happen to be online and want to take a break from For Honor and have nothing else particularly interesting to play. I am sure such a moment will appear eventually.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby recoil » 28 Feb 2017 16:05

Sounds good to me.
recoil

Return to Online