default header

Quitting while you are ahead

Moderator: JC Denton

Quitting while you are ahead

Unread postby icycalm » 25 Mar 2017 00:40

I find that playing MP until my brain shuts down from the tiredness and I have to log off immediately leaves a bad taste in my mouth the next day, much like getting too drunk and being sick etc. does, so I advise people to quit while they still have the energy to walk away from the computer and do stuff like take a shower or brush their teeth or whatever, as opposed to collapsing in bed immediately. I even like to leave enough energy in the tank to watch an episode from a TV series before I go to sleep, sometimes.

Just something to think about in the days and weeks ahead. It's better to plan your playing time in such a way that you start earlier, so as to get your full dose of pleasure, however many hours that will require, than to play past your limits and end up with a bad taste in your mouth, which is a disservice to the game you are playing and to all the effort you have expended to play it with other people. The people aren't going anywhere, and neither is the game, and if you plan to be playing it for dozens or hundreds of hours you are not going to miss out on any experience that's not going to be repeated at some point down the line.

I am mostly writing this for myself, by the way, because I still do not consistently practice it. If anyone else can benefit from it, so much the better.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Qpo » 25 Mar 2017 13:03

I've had something on my tongue I've been a bit embarrassed to say. In our last PlanetSide 2 session I left very suddenly, almost falling asleep in my chair. It was with decent timing, as we were switching continents between fights, and people had already started to drop off, but I still felt a bit rude. Another reason to plan better.
Qpo

Return to Online