Scheduling

Moderator: JC Denton

Re: PC|MAC|ONE|PS4 Rust

Unread postby Yurian » 29 Jun 2021 19:40

I'd like to join in.
Yurian

Unread postby icycalm » 29 Jun 2021 20:18

That’s awesome Yurian, we haven’t played together in ages. I think that gets us up to ten now.

It’ll be good to have you around to solve some tricky stuff for us we haven’t figured out.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 30 Jun 2021 09:49

I am thinking if it’s worth going to the Steam forum to get more people. You can easily get ten more people that way, and there WILL be at least a couple decent guys among them. You’ll just have to deal with a couple of morons who’ll create problems, and a bunch of others who’ll play decently for a while but then drop off because they can’t fit in anywhere (which is why they keep jumping from group to group).

In the past when I’ve done this I always gave them full base access (and only once did one guy try to jack the base but failed) but now I was thinking to try giving each of them one 2x2 building of their own in a “barracks” section within our high walls, and see how they like it. They can have their own box with their own stuff in there, and their own PIN code (though we’ll still be able to get in with our master code, they just won’t be able to get in each other’s room).

It’s a lot of aggravation though to weed out the bad ones, and it will be especially stressful at the start before we’ve built anything. Trying to keep a bunch of them on some goal before you’ve filtered out the bad ones is like herding cats. So maybe we could first build the base including their barracks, and then start inviting in one or two of them at a time, filtering them and then inviting more.

You CAN build an army this way if you devote a LOT of time to it over months. I just never had the commitment.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Q-veta » 30 Jun 2021 12:33

I'd like to join and I should be available when the wipe starts. My only worry is that I'll be playing on GeForce Now and I don't know how well that will hold up but I should be able to play at least for a little while.
Q-veta

Unread postby icycalm » 30 Jun 2021 12:49

Link your Steam profile in the Steam thread because people need to be on your friendlist to give you sleeping bags (sleeping bags are respawn points).

Performance-wise, you should be able to play the game fine. If ping is an issue, then you won't be very useful in PVP perhaps, but the game has many dimensions beyond PVP, so you'll still be very useful. You can farm, design and build, scout and explore, you can even drive the boat or the car or the copter and be the lookout when your squad goes to scavenge or raid. And if you're carrying a rocket launcher, you don't need good ping to cause damage lol.

The only thing is that the game might not look as pretty for you as for those who can max out the settings. Then again maybe you CAN max it out on GeForce Now? It's not Cyberpunk after all.

Looking forward to playing with you, we're up to 11 now!
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 30 Jun 2021 12:52

To remind everyone: you probably WON'T be able to play at wipe time if you don't pay $10 to Rustafied for VIP access to the Rustafied US Main server.

I believe it's more than worth the expense. Wipe time is the game's most exciting phase by far. I'd pay $50 for it every time if I had to.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby ysignal » 30 Jun 2021 14:24

I'm keen to join in, but probably won't be able to make it until Friday evening Sydney time (around 9 AM Friday UTC). I've got most of the weekend free.
ysignal

Unread postby icycalm » 30 Jun 2021 14:37

Awesome, we're up to 12.

At this point, I wouldn't worry about the people who can't make the wipe. With so many people, there will be squads playing all through the weekend, I am sure.

I am getting ready some plans to unveil for the missions and the base design. I'm putting a lot of effort into getting everyone into creative roles. It will be a huge base, and we'll all design at least a piece of it.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby schadenfreude » 30 Jun 2021 22:03

Nice, Yurian's in? And two newcomers to boot? I look forward to playing with you guys.

I'll be around at about 11 PM UTC on wipe day.
schadenfreude

Unread postby ChevRage » 30 Jun 2021 22:07

So, I'm guessing streaming is off the table? I still remember last time we got owned by stream hunters lol.

I think I'll still try to record the game onto my hard drive for uploading to YouTube sometime. Not sure if I'll have enough space though. Maybe I'll be able to record it directly onto the NAS where I have loads of room. I'll have to look into it.
ChevRage

Unread postby icycalm » 30 Jun 2021 22:58

We stream all these games fine without the word Rust in the title, and of course not in the Rust category. I use the category "War" and I make up a fun title.

The only way to get screwed is if other players in the server know Insomnia and keep an eye on the frontpage, and I don't think any of them do. And it's not enough to know about it. If two dudes know about it, they can't do anything to us. It has to be a sizeable clan, and it must be nearby. I don't think a clan would spend tons of oil to fly around the entire island to bother us.

Even if they know the layout of the base, they still need to expend a lot of explosives to do damage, and since the base will be decentralized, with multiple TCs, it will be very hard to shut us down.

There's no way I am not streaming. We wouldn't have half the players we do now if I wasn't streaming.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 30 Jun 2021 22:59

13 peeps now with schaden. Dis gon be real gud. Definitely our biggest game yet. I think our previous max was 12, but we lost a couple people quite fast, because they only played the opening day.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 30 Jun 2021 23:09

Too bad the submarines aren't in. And there will eventually be procedurally-generated underwater labs where you dock with the subs.

On the plus side, next time we play in a few months they'll be in, so hopefully we'll be able to get a big team again then. It'd be nice to keep this momentum going, and hopefully growing, with one wipe every three or four months.

Also, Uberust is becoming more and more viable with every additional player. I am not saying the new guys would be interested in Uberust, but I am saying that if they end up liking Rust, they will almost certainly love Uberust.

Sometime in the next few weeks I will unveil my plans for Uberust 3.0 (I think it'll be the third version, either third or fourth). It'll be even better than the last time, and the last time rocked. Everyone loved it.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Jameson » 01 Jul 2021 02:48

I'll join in on wipe day, around 1 AM UTC.
Jameson

Unread postby Robomoo » 07 Jul 2021 21:34

I'm gonna play on Rustoria at wipe tomorrow. Anyone else interested in joining?
Robomoo

Unread postby icycalm » 01 Mar 2022 20:32

I am thinking about playing the wipe this Thursday. It's the first Thursday of the month, so it's forced wipe day...

It's not 100% certain, and it depends on other things going on in my life this week, but I am thinking about it.

If I play I will head straight to the arctic region, on the coast, as near as possible to a road. There might just be ONE such place in the whole map. Two tops. It should be very interesting trying to make it there. Early-game cold is killer without clothes, but now there'll also be polar bears plus probably a lot more players than in the past due to all the new arctic content.

I'd also purchase the arctic jacket. Maybe some more stuff too.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 30 May 2022 02:46

Cult War Journal #8: New Age of Rust
https://www.patreon.com/posts/67061060

icycalm wrote:This coming Thursday June 2 I am inaugurating a new age of Rust for The Cult, a new era in which I will be playing the game in a much more focused way than before.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby schadenfreude » 30 Oct 2023 00:52

I haven't played in almost a year and reviewing the updates since I last played has me pumped, but I'm most excited about getting a tugboat and making a floating base out of it. It's going to be hell to acquire one because they only spawn at harbors and everyone else will be out to get one, but it would be a fun project to construct a boathouse large enough to house one and stick one in it. There are also submarines and campervans we can get, but only the tugboat lets you place objects on it.

I plan on playing at the wipe this Thursday, November 2, and I'll be playing through the weekend. If you want to join me at the wipe, you should purchase the VIP wipe subscription for Rustoria US Main here: https://donate.rustoria.co/packages.php ... &server=15

Without it, it's unlikely you'll make it through the queue at the wipe for the first few hours, but if you're interested in playing, feel free to join whenever and post here to let everyone know!
schadenfreude

Unread postby Archonus » 30 Oct 2023 17:45

I'll play! Been way too long since a Rust wipe!
Archonus

Re: Scheduling

Unread postby icycalm » 30 Oct 2023 18:36

I renamed this thread to “Scheduling” and moved it to the Uberust forum (while also leaving a shadow topic with the original title in the Online forum) so that it may ping the #rust channel on Discord and get more attention from Rust fans.

It’s true that it’s time we played another wipe and I am glad someone is organizing it, but unfortunately I am camping at the moment (long story) so it’d be hard for me to participate. I have an airport near me and could hang out there to play (incredibly, Shadow works fine there), but it would be punishing for me to put in the time I like to put in Rust wipes while living in a tent. Plus I am hoping to get Pyro access tomorrow in Star Citizen, and that definitely takes priority over all other gaming, plus it doesn’t have the grueling time requirements of Rust; I can just play that for a couple hours every couple of days or something.

All that said, if I don’t get Pyro access this week, I might join you guys. Either way have fun, and best of luck with the tugboat: it won’t be easy, especially on this server.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby ChevRage » 30 Oct 2023 22:54

I'll be there. Not sure if I can make it on the weekend but I'll be able to get on the wipe at least.
ChevRage

Unread postby Q-veta » 31 Oct 2023 11:00

I'll play at the wipe. Any idea what the exact time for that is on Thursday?
Q-veta

Unread postby schadenfreude » 31 Oct 2023 12:40

For some reason Rustoria doesn't list wipe times on their site. But their Discord server does, and US Main wipes at "3 PM EST". As for converting to UTC, I'm being pedantic but listing it as EST is incorrect because even when daylight saving time is active in the US, the server still wipes at 15:00 local time, so they should list the time zone as ET [ > ], not EST (UTC−5) or EDT (UTC−4).

To summarize, when DST is active in the US, as it is now (but won't be starting this Sunday), the server will wipe at 19:00 UTC, but when DST is inactive, the server will wipe at 20:00 UTC.
schadenfreude

Unread postby shubn » 02 Nov 2023 00:18

I'll probably be there.
shubn

PreviousNext

Return to Uberust