default header

[PC] Sins of a Solar Empire

Moderator: JC Denton

[PC] Sins of a Solar Empire

Unread postby icycalm » 04 Jul 2017 14:54

Review: http://culture.vg/reviews/in-depth/sins ... 08-pc.html

I've seen several people buy this recently, and others have added it to their wishlists. I just want to say that people should think about getting the package with all the DLC, because this isn't the type of game where the DLC is superfluous, or could be played after the main game is finished. This is the kind of game where the DLC adds stuff that is useful from day 1 (think PA: Titans vs. PA type of stuff), so when we get into this we'll want to be using everything right away. The full collection is currently 62% off on Steam, and a pretty good deal: http://store.steampowered.com/app/20488 ... Rebellion/

I think the people who bought just the main title could refund it and get the collection. Or just refund it now, and get the collection later, since we won't be playing this game very soon, I don't think (unless there is a lot of interest, in which case post here and we'll talk about it).

I bought a bunch of stuff during the sale, and I think I am just about done. I might get the Sins collection later today if I haven't in the meantime found better deals, or if there is a sudden surge of posts in this thread suggesting we play the game soon. We have 27 hours before the Steam deal is off the table, though I am sure we'll get another crack at it a few weeks or months down the road.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Some guy » 04 Jul 2017 18:21

As long as the host has the DLC, all of the other players get to use it too.

https://forums.sinsofasolarempire.com/457060

Decency23 wrote:Hello,

I just bought Sins: Rebellion and am wondering about the DLC before I purchase it.

If I buy the DLC and make a game and invite my brother, who also has the game now, will we be able to play with the DLC or will he have to have it as well?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Wintercross wrote:I'm pretty sure that if the host has the DLC that clients will benefit from it.

SpardaSon21 wrote:Yes, if the host has any DLC, all players in the game use the DLC.
Some guy

Unread postby recoil » 04 Jul 2017 18:46

Rebellion contains everything in Trinity, so it seemed a bit redundant to get it. I was planning to get the 3 DLCs for Rebellion later down the line if I wanted to play single player, which I might just do in the next two months. Considering the gaming decathlon you have planned, I would like to try out a multiplayer match at some point before that.
recoil

Unread postby icycalm » 04 Jul 2017 18:52

Well, at least now I know I will have one contestant besides me lol. It would have been disappointing to win by default. Help me nail down all the games in the other thread, will ya. We got to play Darkest Dungeon, and a couple other games, and make sure we have all the genres covered. I am a little stumped with what racing game on Steam to pick. Haven't played a racing game in ages.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 21 Nov 2017 21:41

So I have set the first session for Saturday, December 2 at 15:00 UTC. If we can get at least five people, we play. If not, we postpone for the week after, and the week after, etc. until we can get at least five people.

I can play. Do we have four more?

I realize it's early to ask, but if you already know the answer, let us know, and if you need more time, just post when you know.
Last edited by icycalm on 22 Nov 2017 04:23, edited 1 time in total.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby recoil » 22 Nov 2017 02:08

I'm in.
recoil

Unread postby icycalm » 27 Nov 2017 18:06

Aside from recoil and me, who else is playing this on Saturday (starting at 15:00 UTC)?

I need a headcount so I will know how many places there will be left to invite guests from Discord.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Some guy » 28 Nov 2017 10:04

I'm in too.
Some guy

Unread postby icycalm » 28 Nov 2017 10:11

With Diskraip we have four. Could use a few more, up to eight. If we have empty spots by tomorrow, I will invite all the guests in the Discord, and if they fill up the roster there won't be a place for Cult latecomers, so post now to reserve your spot if you want to be assured of playing.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Robomoo » 28 Nov 2017 16:55

I can play too.
Robomoo

Unread postby Robomoo » 30 Nov 2017 04:10

I've just realised I can't play on Saturday. Really sorry guys.
Robomoo

Unread postby icycalm » 01 Dec 2017 06:49

I sent this to Diskraip:

I wrote:Unfortunately, we can only get 4 people for Sins tomorrow, including you, and that's not enough. I want 5-6 at least. So we are postponing the session for another week (probably next week)

Should give us all time to get to know the game a bit.

I am getting worried though because I see many people play it, but only for an hour or so, so I am wondering if it's not as good as the review says...
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Online