default header

[PC] Anno 1800

Moderator: JC Denton

[PC] Anno 1800

Unread postby icycalm » 13 Mar 2020 00:50

Anno 1800 has a free trial from 12 March 3PM UTC to 16 March 2PM UTC: https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p ... free-trial

They call it a "Trial Weekend", but it actually lasts a whopping four days starting right now, so I think this might be part of Epic's attempt to one-up Steam on everything. Steam's trial weekends were already three days usually, so I like where this trend is going. Trial Weeks next please.

I bought the game a long time ago anyway, and was looking to try the co-op and versus MP, because I hear they are good: https://butwhythopodcast.com/2020/01/06 ... anno-1800/

Kate Sánchez wrote:It’s beyond just playing together, two players against the world of pirates or others in their multiplayer lobby, with their own resources. Anno 1800 co-op allows players to share the responsibilities of raising and managing an industrial empire with up to four people per team, with four team slots, there can be matches up to 16 players. We got the chance to check out the co-op mode and after putting nearly 100 hours, we have to say, it’s one of the best city building-strategy experiences we’ve had in a long time.

Kate Sánchez wrote:At the end of the day, we closed out 2019 playing Anno 1800, and with a co-op mode, we were able to take our game time and strategy to a new level. With campaign, multiplayer, and co-op, the game offers up different experiences with a little bit of something for fans of the game-type. If you haven’t picked up Anno 1800 yet, and love RTS, this is a game to play, and it’s even better with a partner.

I already have a partner lined up for the campaign as Robo is installing right now, and Hanged Man is interested too. We'll be playing the campaign with Robo throughout the trial period, and when more people hop in we'll be trying the 4v4v4v4 versus mode that sounds amazing. Everyone is welcome to join us, and remember: it makes sense to set aside your other games when something cool like this lands a free trial. Your other games aren't going anywhere, but the trial that you and all your friends can play for free is. See y'all on Discord, and on Twitch! And don't forget to check the Cult Schedule on the sidebar for all the cool new games we'll be trying because the next couple of weeks look busy!
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Online