default header

PC|XS|ONE Last Oasis

Moderator: JC Denton

PC|XS|ONE Last Oasis

Unread postby icycalm » 24 Nov 2020 17:13

I haven't been keeping up with my Steam Activity feed in the last few weeks because I've been very busy, so I missed this by two days dammit... Two fucking days!

Xbox and Wipe Announcement
https://steamcommunity.com/games/903950 ... 2470063573

Donkey Crew wrote:SEASON 2 AND WIPE

The question we’ve gotten the most since releasing the BB has been “When is the wipe??”

Today, we’ve got an answer for you: this Sunday, November 22nd at 5 PM CET!

That’s right, in less than a week, we’ll be bringing the changes from the BB over to the main branch, officially starting Season 2 of Last Oasis!

We’ve mentioned in the past that this will be a full wipe, both of the official and private servers. Beta Branch will be closed for the time being, but we'll likely bring it back later on, as it proved to be very useful when it comes to testing and feature iteration. As promised, private servers will also be allowed to host multi-tile realms once the update is live.

This will be a very large update, so extended server downtime might be expected on official as well as private servers. We'll try to maintain the experience as smooth as possible following the wipe, and will do our best to adjust the number of tiles on the fly. Please let us know if you find any issues at the start of the new season and we'll address them as soon as possible. The fastest way to reach us is through our Discord. If you haven’t joined it yet, we encourage you to do so!

If you plan on using up your existing resources in a blaze of glory before they’re gone and have some fun, be sure to share videos or screenshots with us!

Season 2 trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zz8ySxXoXrA

Season 2 began November 22nd and they announced in on the 17. LiF made the announcement WEEKS earlier, maybe over a month earlier, when it wiped back in the spring. To an extent, I can understand announcing it at the last minute, because once you've announced it traffic falls because people don't want to be building stuff that will be wiped soon, but on the other hand you have to give your playerbase SOME TIME to become aware of the wipe announcement, especially the INACTIVE players whom you are trying to get back in the game, no? and who are therefore less likely to hear of the wipe RIGHT AWAY.

At any rate, I was playing Rust anyway and having the time of my life, so I regret nothing. I'll just wait for Season 3, and hope that many of you will wait with me.

On a more positive note, now both Atlas and Last Oasis are officially using the "Season" designation to make semi-regular wipes official, so they are finally following Rust's lead in this, and not a moment too soon. Only LiF hasn't done this yet.

For more info and commentary on LO, check out the game's thread: https://culture.vg/forum/topic?t=6878
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 23 May 2021 09:48

Aaaaand I missed the second wipe due to the crypto stuff... You guys should fire me, I’ve been slacking.

It happened back in March.

Last Oasis plans for a server wipe on Friday as Season 3 arrives
https://massivelyop.com/2021/03/22/last ... 3-arrives/

The next major update for Last Oasis is on its way soon, as it has been confirmed by the developers that a server wipe is incoming at some point on Friday. That’s meant to clear the deck for the launch of the game’s third season, along with a patch that’s promising to involve fundamental changes to some of the structures of the game. Which is pretty far-reaching!

Of course, this is in all likelihood a reference to the previously announced patch, which the developers outright said was going to be broken ahead of time, promising a UI overhaul and full controller support. There’s little in the way of details about what new content players can expect to experience when the patch goes live, although given the game’s currently shrinking playerbase, one might expect that to be a bit more front-and-center. Hopefully this new season of content will be the shot in the arm that the game needs.

All these games have “shrinking playerbases”. Tons of people buy them at launch because “It’s a new online game like EverQuest and Minecraft!”, and then gradually drop off once they realize it’s nothing like fucking EverQuest or Minecraft.

They should just call them FP4X, and then people will know the deal.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 22 Jul 2021 13:04

Season 4 Starts on August 5!
https://steamcommunity.com/games/903950 ... 7728103642

The exclamation mark is the update title’s, not mine. I am by no means super-excited about this but I’ll give it a try if Starbase gets delayed again. If it doesn’t get delayed I don’t think I’ll ever play Last Oasis because from the player responses in that page it doesn’t sound like the game will make it to another season.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Online