Moderator: JC Denton

Unread postby recoil » 08 Jun 2021 15:33

I’m gonna play.
recoil

Unread postby ExiledOne » 08 Jun 2021 16:26

I'll play too.
ExiledOne

Unread postby Effay » 08 Jun 2021 16:43

I preordered the season pass version so I've got early access on the PS4. Steam version has no early access. I bought both versions, hopefully the PC port is good since some of ArcSys's recent PC ports are mediocre (Dragon Ball FighterZ has weird performance bottlenecking you have to edit your registry to fix, Granblue Fantasy Versus has some issues on some machines). The PC port for Xrd was good until they abandoned it, so maybe it's because those other games are third-party.

I haven't played much of the launch version yet but I played a good bit of the last open beta which seems pretty similar and was only a month before launch. The online play is immaculate when you are actually in the matches. I regularly saw streamers in the US play people in Japan with no noticeable lag at all. I played eight hours of online matches or so and didn't have a single laggy match. However...

The online lobby system is a mess, with extremely long loading times into the match from the lobby, long loading times on people's profiles, frequently being unable to connect to your opponent, and a long loading time when getting on or off a battle station.

These issues can be avoided somewhat by searching for matches in training mode or playing in the 'park', which is a big unranked lobby where you can infinitely rematch the same person, thus bypassing the lobby system once you actually load into the match. You can also set up private lobbies to play with your friends to infinitely rematch.

The developers have acknowledged the issues with the lobby system and have promised to fix them in a patch.
Effay

Unread postby icycalm » 08 Jun 2021 17:02

Thanks for the info. I see how some of it is relevant, but this thread is mostly about whether you’ll play the game with us on launch or shortly after, which you haven’t told us. I’ll copy-paste your info in the Games thread when I am on my laptop.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Effay » 08 Jun 2021 17:19

Ah, sorry. Yeah, I should have time to play on launch day depending on the time.
Effay

Unread postby Some guy » 08 Jun 2021 17:51

I'll be playing too.
Some guy

Unread postby ChevRage » 08 Jun 2021 19:31

Just pre-ordered the game, and yeah I'll be playing too.
ChevRage

Unread postby Robomoo » 08 Jun 2021 22:47

I'm playing too.
Robomoo

Unread postby ExiledOne » 10 Jun 2021 22:03

I have a buddy who pre-ordered the game as well on Steam. He wanted some people to play with and basically asked me to buy it. I was considering inviting him to the Discord if he logs on (he doesn't use it much). He's a chill dude, won't cause any problems. He's not an internet guy, I met him in-person.
ExiledOne

Unread postby icycalm » 10 Jun 2021 22:10

Sounds great. You know how to generate an invite, right? At the top-left of Discord, click on INSOMNIA. Then when he's in the server, let me know in the #welcome channel that he's your friend and I'll give him the Cult Friends role, and at that point he should be able to use the voice channels. He might be able to use them even before, in case I am not online when he joins, I am not sure, I need to look into this.

No need for him to use the CULT tag for his name. Let's reserve that for actual clan members.

And for future reference you can invite as many people as you want, as long as you can vouch for them. No need to ask me first. This goes for everyone.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 10 Jun 2021 22:16

I see dan and Q-veta have also bought the game on Steam. We have tons of people, it should be a riot. I might not be able to play on day 1, but day 2-3 I should manage it. Can't wait.

Are you ready for the cutting-edge of 2D/3D hyburido guraphicsu?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1384 ... AR_STRIVE/

Arc System Works wrote:The cutting-edge 2D/3D hybrid graphics pioneered in the Guilty Gear series have been raised to the next level in “GUILTY GEAR -STRIVE-“. The new artistic direction and improved character animations will go beyond anything you’ve seen before in a fighting game!

I know nothing about the mechanics.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Saf » 10 Jun 2021 22:27

I'm going to pick it up after I get paid tomorrow.
Saf

Unread postby ChevRage » 11 Jun 2021 14:35

There's a short lobby tutorial to go through (and a short fight against an AI opponent) before you can play online. Not to be mistaken with the combat tutorial recommended to you at the start of the game, that can be safely skipped.

If you want to play with people far away from you, you should choose Online Mode, and then scroll to the the Park tab, to enter one of the public unranked lobbies. The game played fine, and even with up to 350 ping, I found fighting Some guy, Q-veta and Robomoo to be reasonable, despite getting a little slowdown at times. Also, the lobby server location might not matter, the game seems to automatically find the best connection between both players. ysignal and me faced each other in the American West server lobby, and we only had 40 ping between us.

If you are joining somebody's Player Room (private lobby), and you are far away from them geographically, the game just won't work, since it won't let you challenge anybody. I kept getting the "Failed to Obtain Duel Station Information" error while in Rory's lobbies, and vice versa when I created one. Nor will it even show their avatars in the correct spot; Some guy and Q-veta were fighting each other, and I was seeing their avatars walking around the room as if they were idling. Me and ysignal had no problem joining each other's lobbies and fighting each other.

Maybe the private lobbies are going to get an update some time to fix this.
ChevRage

Unread postby ChevRage » 11 Jun 2021 15:05

I forgot to mention that the Player Rooms are better than public lobbies because you have the option to spectate in them. If there are a bunch of you in the same region, you should play in a Player Room.
ChevRage

Return to Online