default header

PC Alex Kierkegaard's Heroes of Dungeons & Dragons

Moderator: JC Denton

PC Alex Kierkegaard's Heroes of Dungeons & Dragons

Unread postby icycalm » 09 Jul 2021 05:43

I want to set up a versus match of the city-building phase, possibly this weekend. I'll take a 1v1, but 2v2 or above would be better. Could also do 2v2v2 etc.

We spawn the teams randomly on the map, and they each take their own voice channel, and I go around to each channel to play each turn. We make regular PF characters and play with regular PF rules. Of course, it won't be Fantasy Grounds doing the calculations for us, so it'll be rough, but it'll be good practice.

Each round you can move around, or cut down trees or mine rocks, or construct buildings that will give you soldiers etc. There's really no limit to how much you can build, how far your dominion might extend, or how complex we can make the rules. Consider that the game contains a dozen different types of beds and bedrolls. We could make each of them give different bonuses.

Not saying I will do this, and certainly not right away. I am just saying that there are so many assets to the game that if you wanted each of them to have a unique function and confer a unique benefit—as in a proper videogame—you'd make the most complex whatever-this-thing-is ever.

I don't even know the genre of the game we will be playing. What IS this game? Turn-based Age of Empires? But you can build cities bigger than in any game ever. And you can have infinite units essentially, if you join boards together. And infinite players. And infinite rules. And you can add 4X-type research all the way up to cyberpunk if you have the assets.

ANYway, the possibilities are utterly mindblowing. Lemme know who's interested in playing so I have an idea of what to prepare. The more people, the more time-consuming it will be, in rolling the characters, playing the turns, etc. So it might be best to stick with two teams at first. A 3v3 would go faster than a 2v2v2. But I am happy to play even a 1v1 to start with something quicker and easier and more basic.

Super-excited about this. It'll be rough going until we get used to TaleSpire AND manually calculating the PF rules AND figuring out my own rules on top of those, but when we get it running smoothly... I think we'll be hooked. And that's BEFORE we integrate it into our proper campaign(s).
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby ChevRage » 09 Jul 2021 07:00

I'd like to play this. If it's happening this weekend, all day Sunday UTC works best for me.
ChevRage

Unread postby Some guy » 09 Jul 2021 09:37

I'm interested too, Sundays also work best for me but I can do Saturdays from about 2 PM UTC onwards.
Some guy

Unread postby icycalm » 09 Jul 2021 23:47

Whoever wants to play, read as much as you can from "PFRPG Ultimate Campaign"
pages 196-251: https://the-eye.eu/public/Books/rpg.rem ... mpaign.pdf

These rules will be our baseline. We'll try to stick as close to them as possible for starters, and take it from there.

50 pages isn't really a lot to start with; it's far less complex than the core PF rules themselves. But if you don't have time to read anything this weekend, you can still play, no worries, I got it.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Online