default header

PC|XS|ONE The Ascent

Moderator: JC Denton

PC|XS|ONE The Ascent

Unread postby icycalm » 20 Aug 2021 14:21

Game thread here, check it out, the launch trailer looks nuts: https://culture.vg/forum/topic?t=7489

It’s on Game Pass but I prefer to buy it on Steam. It’s only 20 euros on G2A: https://www.g2a.com/search?query=the%20ascent

Unfortunately, there doesn’t seem to be crossplay between Steam and the Game Pass versions for the time being (though there is between Xbox and Windows Store): https://twinfinite.net/2021/07/is-the-a ... -answered/

So my question is, can I get three niggas to buy it on Steam with me? I can play right now or anytime in the next 10-12 hours. Lemme know. It’s not a long game apparently. We can probably finish it in three-four sessions.

If I can’t get a full team on Steam, I might consider playing the Game Pass version. I’ve let my sub expire and I am not sure it’s such a great deal since I don’t really use it much, and want to own my games anyway. But I am open to resubbing if it means I can get full teams for more games. Most games offer crossplay between Pass and Steam anyway, so it’ll almost never be an issue. It’s just this game that’s peculiar.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Re: PC|XS|ONE The Ascent

Unread postby Hanged Man » 20 Aug 2021 14:29

Yo I wanna play, I'll buy it on Steam if we can get a team. I'll be back home in about six hours. I'll also be free all weekend (if I'm not playing D:OS with my team).
Hanged Man

Unread postby Saf » 20 Aug 2021 14:32

I'll play, happy to grab on Steam. Will be free all weekend.
Saf

Unread postby icycalm » 20 Aug 2021 14:35

Not sure what you mean by “weekend” Saf since you are in Australia. It’d be more helpful if you spoke in terms of how many hours from now. Sergei says about six. Are you cool with that?
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Saf » 20 Aug 2021 14:45

Yeah that's fair, I'd normally be asleep then. I can play from when Sergei gets home until whenever.
Saf

Unread postby icycalm » 20 Aug 2021 14:50

I am kinda itching to play today, that's why I made this thread on such short notice, but if the game is good I think you'll be able to make a second group that can play at a time more suitable for you. If that's the case, I'll need two people in addition to Sergei. But if you'd rather stay up for this, we'll go with you. It's your choice.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Saf » 20 Aug 2021 15:30

Thinking on it, though I could play I should probably get some sleep. Just got excited about a new game.

I'll wait for a second group. If you're still missing a player after I wake up, I'm flexible for the rest of the weekend, odd hours included (barring maybe the D:OS game mentioned).
Saf

Unread postby ysignal » 20 Aug 2021 15:44

I would join a second group to play later on in the weekend or some other time. I can play any time from 11 pm Saturday UTC to 10 am Sunday. That's all day Sunday for the APAC guys.
ysignal

Unread postby Robomoo » 20 Aug 2021 15:52

I'd like to play this too, I'll be free most of the weekend. I prefer Steam.
Robomoo

Unread postby Robomoo » 20 Aug 2021 16:05

Yeah I can play then.
Robomoo

Unread postby Hanged Man » 20 Aug 2021 19:32

Just came home. I'll still be around for a few hours to see if we can find a fourth and if you guys are still up to play.
Hanged Man

Unread postby icycalm » 20 Aug 2021 20:43

We could postpone the session and play with Saf in the weekend, but you know I wouldn't want to leave ysignal alone with no group. So let them try to make their group, and let's just play with three players tonight. After all, you never know with these games: it could be that 4P is not balanced well and 3P will be more challenging, or it could be that the screen might not be zoomed out enough for 4P. You never know what the optimal setup is with these games, though of course ideally you should always try a full team first.

I am buying the game and installing, then taking a shower, and I'll be ready to play. Hopefully someone will volunteer until then, or they might watch us streaming and jump in. And I think it might also be possible to add a fourth player in a future session.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 20 Aug 2021 21:18

Don't buy a Europe key from seller "Positive_entertainment". The key I bought had been used. I filed a complaint, and I am sure I'll get my money back, it's just an annoyance.

I got a Global key from seller "Shine_bright".
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Ciaróg » 23 Aug 2021 06:23

I'd like to try this, ideally with a full second group. I am just an hour behind western Australian time so scheduling shouldn't be too hard.
Ciaróg

Unread postby icycalm » 23 Aug 2021 22:36

We now have two teams in this.

Team A: icycalm, Hanged Man, Robomoo and Jonesy

Team B: Saf, ysignal, Ciaróg and Jameson

Btw, my refund for the bum G2A key came in, no problems. The seller asked me to contact Steam Support and get the date and time that the used key he sold me had been redeemed, and with that information he initiated the refund. It's a tricky process though because you have to find the exact options in the drop-down menus of Steam Support to initiate the support ticket, so if you have this issue in the future, get in touch with me and I'll tell you how to do it.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Online