default header

PC|XS|PS5|ONE|PS4 Battlefield 2042

Moderator: JC Denton

PC|XS|PS5|ONE|PS4 Battlefield 2042

Unread postby icycalm » 06 Oct 2021 20:25

So the open beta for this started today. Normally, only those who've preordered are allowed access right now, and on the weekend everyone will be allowed. However, I saw that dino has played it today on Steam, and I doubted that he has bought it, so I went to the page to check, and sure enough there was a "Request Access" button.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1517 ... ield_2042/

So I clicked on it, and it gave me instant access. So now I can play if I want to. So I thought, maybe this will work for other people too. Give it a try if you're interested.

My experience with BF5 was very bad, so no way would I have bought this at launch, but now it's free for a few days, and the trailer looks not just good, but insanely good.

Open Beta Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdA6V5PIEFw

Naturally, I don't trust BF trailers, because they are masters at making trailers and little else, but hey it has 128 players. And maybe they have raised the team limit beyond V's four?

I think it's worth a try at least to find out. I won't be able to play tonight, but I might play tomorrow or Friday, otherwise certainly in the weekend. I think it would be best if several of us played at the same time, instead of each person playing alone. By all means though, check it out alone if you want. But I think you'd have more fun if you gathered up at least a four-man crew before going in, and more if they've raised the limit. Someone should go in and check what the team limit is.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Re: PC|XS|PS5|ONE|PS4 Battlefield 2042

Unread postby Some guy » 06 Oct 2021 21:44

Got access too, I'll be mostly free on Friday and the weekend.
Some guy

Unread postby ChevRage » 07 Oct 2021 05:29

I got access too, and I'm downloading it now.
ChevRage

Unread postby Saf » 07 Oct 2021 22:00

I'm grabbing it too.
Saf

Return to Online