default header

PC|ONE|PS4|SW TMNT: Shredder's Revenge

Moderator: JC Denton

PC|ONE|PS4|SW TMNT: Shredder's Revenge

Unread postby schadenfreude » 12 Jun 2022 00:38

Full title is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge, but I couldn't fit it in the subject.

This game will drop next week, on the 16th: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1361 ... s_Revenge/

Recently Casey Jones was revealed as a playable character, in addition to April O'Neil, Splinter, and of course the four turtles. The developers claim the game will allow up to six (!) players in co-op, whether online or local. I'm not aware of any decent belt-scroller outside of the X-Men arcade game that allows a player count that high. The screen will be utter mayhem with that many sprites, but (or rather and?) I'd love to see it happen.

Even better is that the game launches Day 1 on Xbox Game Pass, which currently has a $1 subscription deal [ > ]. I suggest we play there, but I'm fine with buying the game on Steam if need be. It seems the game doesn't have crossplay between Steam and XGP, so we'll have to pick one or the other.

Anyway, I'll be playing when the game launches, and I hope we don't have any lag issues like we occasionally had with SoR4. Who's in?
schadenfreude

Re: PC|ONE|PS4|SW TMNT: Shredder’s Revenge

Unread postby ysignal » 12 Jun 2022 11:31

I'm up for playing this around launch day.
ysignal

Unread postby Some guy » 12 Jun 2022 11:55

Just got the Game Pass deal, although I'll be quite busy next week. The week after should be fine though.
Some guy

Unread postby icycalm » 12 Jun 2022 14:50

Dude Game Pass hasn’t worked for me at all. They shuffle games in and out of the library, and then you need to buy the game anyway. Let’s go with Steam?
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby ChevRage » 13 Jun 2022 13:18

I'm interested for sure.
ChevRage

Unread postby schadenfreude » 14 Jun 2022 22:30

Actually, according to a post from yesterday by an employee in the game's Discord server, this will support crossplay, but only between Xbox and PC:

jfmajor wrote:Cross-play will only be supported between Xbox and PC(Steam/Windows Store)
We'll evaluate opening this up post launch but it's not a simple feat.

I'll be buying it on Steam then, but for anyone who's on the fence about the game, you have the option of joining us for just a dollar.
schadenfreude

Unread postby Archonus » 16 Jun 2022 14:53

I'd like to play as well, just bought the game on Steam.
Archonus

Unread postby ChevRage » 16 Jun 2022 17:08

The game also supports Steam's Remote Play Together, where the host can stream the game for others who don't own the game. Might not be the ideal way to play for a bunch of people who live far away from each other, but there is that option if more people want to join without needing to buy the game.
ChevRage

Return to Online