default header

Trading

Humble Choice

Moderator: JC Denton

Humble Choice

Unread postby icycalm » 30 Dec 2022 22:02

https://www.humblebundle.com/membership

I'd been subbed to this for a long time, years I think it was, but I unsubbed earlier this year because there were a couple of months there when they were slacking and none of the games interested me, and it just looked like the service was going downhill. Well that proved a mistake, as I found today. They are offering Wasteland 3 and GreedFall this month, and during the past few months I've missed out on several games I would have wanted including Little Hope, Deathloop, Crusader Kings III, Just Cause 4, A Plague Tale: Innocence, Phoenix Point, and quite a few more. If you combine this monthly haul of games, plus Epic's free games, plus some deep Steam discounts, you pretty much end up with most of the games you might want to check out, and you only have to buy a handful of titles full-price for more obscure stuff or stuff that you'd want day 1. This is a good plan for me now because I am spending so much money on Star Citizen and roleplaying stuff that, if I want at the same time to keep tabs on the traditional games market, I need some kind of discount plan to be able to afford everything.

Long story short, I resubbed to Humble Choice, and for the first time I went with the yearly option. It gives a small discount, but more importantly it stops them from bothering me every month with monthly payments.

I don't think the average gamer needs this sub, but if you're hardcore and want a huge collection of games and to check everything out yourself, it makes great sense.

Too bad it doesn't seem like you can browse previous months' games unless you're logged in, so here's a pic from my membership page to see what some previous months looked like:

This shows only four games per month, but each month gives eight, and you have to click on "see more" to see all of them. At any rate this snapshot shows you 12 games that would cost you about $30 with this sub, and that's easily the value of merely one of the headline games you get with it. It's great value no matter how you slice it, and the best sub in videogames no doubt. Apart from mine, that is.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Trading