default header

Development

Cult Character Designer 3 (internal codename: Hero Forge)

Moderator: JC Denton

Re: WEB Hero Forge

Unread postby icycalm » 11 Dec 2021 18:23

Actually, we already have one of the D&D2 characters, Rory's, so you can download his too when you get your five with the Pro sub.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 11 Dec 2021 18:27

If the download gives you several file options, we want all of them, as long as there's no extra charge. Otherwise ask ysignal what format you need to download so that it'll work in TaleSpire.

What format did you all get your Hero Forge usernames in? Are they changeable? If they are changeable, we should all go for CULTxusername. Otherwise, if you've all gone for plain usernames and they are unchangeable, we'll all do the same.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Some guy » 11 Dec 2021 18:51

There's no option to put in a username, you just sign up with your email address/Facebook account and that's it.
Some guy

Unread postby ExiledOne » 11 Dec 2021 20:02

Changed it. It was hard to find a color that looked quite like that one above and using the exact color makes it not look like leather anymore, or weird leather anyway.

ExiledOne

Unread postby ysignal » 12 Dec 2021 01:56

There are leather armors, but they don't really look like what's in the picture.

Regarding buying the models, you have to pay separately for each format, so people should choose the "3D Tabletop Download".
ysignal

Unread postby ChevRage » 12 Dec 2021 06:28

I'll buy it once I get back to the PC.

To share your characters like Robo managed to in Discord, you have to select the left-most tab in the upper-right-hand corner and choose the share option. This should generate a link to the exact figurine you've made.

Regarding the colours and textures, they probably seem weird because the colouring and texturing seems to simulate tabletop figurine paints and techniques more than the actual textures they are supposed to be.
ChevRage

Unread postby ChevRage » 13 Dec 2021 16:14

Well I have the Pro sub now. I can download the figures we need as soon as people give me a link to their models. The link should look something like this: https://www.heroforge.com/load_config%3D500558093/

I could try to make them based on the pictures posted, but it would be impossible to get the poses and colours correct.

I've also created a separate figure of my character without the owl:

ChevRage

Unread postby icycalm » 13 Dec 2021 18:45

Don’t try to recreate other people’s minis, it makes no sense to even suggest such a thing.

So you’ve used two out of your five minis, means you have three left. Get Exiled’s, ysignal’s and Rory’s which are easy because they are only one mini each. Once you have the files, upload them to Mega.nz and send me the link.

Then Archonus should get his own Pro sub so he can get his three minis. That would leave him with two.

We’re still waiting to see what Robo will do with his hammer situation. If you don’t have the time to deal with it now, Robo, just remove the hammer and send your mini to Archonus to send to me along with his, and you can work on an improved mini with a smaller hammer later.

Let’s get this done this week guys.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby ChevRage » 13 Dec 2021 19:14

Just to make sure, but we're removing all the bases before exporting them right? Some characters posted still have the bases on their figures in the pics.
ChevRage

Unread postby Robomoo » 13 Dec 2021 19:35

I removed the hammer and I think it looks much better. It was cartoonishly large which went against the feel of my character, as icy said. Also, it was just way too prominent when he doesn't have any particular connection to hammers beyond, as a soldier, knowing how to use them reasonably well. His main weapon is a sword. In the portrait it fits perfectly because there's not really any focus on the hammer, and it's believable that he might have been holding one at that moment in time, but it's not so intrinsic to his character that he'd be carrying one around at all times.

Here's the link: https://www.heroforge.com/load_config%3D500563621/
Robomoo

Unread postby icycalm » 13 Dec 2021 19:40

It’s possible to export without bases? I thought the bases had to be removed in Blender.

Either way, the bases in TaleSpire have functions now, like being color-coded for friendly/enemy/neutral or I think displaying names or whatnot. So I am not sure we want to get rid of them yet.

Or are you saying that we must remove the Hero Forge bases in order to add the TaleSpire ones?

Don’t export anything until we’ve resolved this.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 13 Dec 2021 19:42

Yeah your explanation sounds good Robo. The mini looks great and it saves us the trouble of having to deal with the giant hammer.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 13 Dec 2021 19:50

Once we have all our minis, we’ll take a group pic of all of them and I will go on Reddit and DM people who’ve posted pics of their groups and offer to exchange minis. I could potentially build a Trove for minis if people respond positively to this. It’s not only about the money saved but also the ingenuity in designing characters. Each player will have put a lot more thought into his own character than I could when mass-designing them.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby ChevRage » 13 Dec 2021 20:05

It's easy to remove the base from the mini in Hero Forge by just clicking the little bin icon on the Base tab.

As for whether we HAVE to remove them in order to add the TaleSpire ones, I don't know. It might just place the entire 3D model on top of the TaleSpire base (which will include the Hero Forge base that'll obfuscate it). Hero Forge lets you download a demo of a figure to test the TaleSpire import process, so I can take a look at how that works after I wake up.

And yeah, I won't be exporting anything until I get the go-ahead.
ChevRage

Unread postby Archonus » 13 Dec 2021 20:22

I've purchased a Pro subscription and downloaded my Arco, Terrycloth and Arco-riding Terrycloth minis.
Archonus

Unread postby icycalm » 13 Dec 2021 20:24

ysignal can also look into the TaleSpire import process.

In the meantime, everyone should be posting links to their minis here. Make sure your character and animals are correctly named, one link per pose for those who have animals. Once I’ve checked all the links I will give Chev the green light.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 13 Dec 2021 20:25

You went a bit too fast Archonus. Hopefully we won’t have any issues with the bases. Post the three links here for me for the minis you downloaded.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby ChevRage » 13 Dec 2021 20:33

ChevRage

Unread postby Archonus » 13 Dec 2021 20:38

Archonus

PreviousNext

Return to Development