default header

Development

Cult Character Designer 3 (internal codename: Hero Forge)

Moderator: JC Denton

Re: WEB Hero Forge/Eldritch Foundry/ANVL

Unread postby ChevRage » 05 Jan 2023 04:51

I actually bought a yearly subscription to Hero Forge in April or something last year so I should have a bunch of minis I can download. Not just the ones we design, but the "free" themed mini download packs that they give out as well.

Only problem is that I can't just give you my account since I signed in with Google. I'll have to look into whether I can gift you my unused downloads, hopefully that's a thing.
ChevRage

Unread postby icycalm » 05 Jan 2023 05:07

We'll figure it out. As long as I can edit the mini pages, and then you buy immediately MY link, that should give me enough control over the export step to assuage my worries about the direction-facing etc. And in your case, I am not worried you'll drop out.

Just don't spend any of your credits until I am ready. I'll let you know.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 26 Jan 2023 02:52

https://twitter.com/RezalVision/status/ ... 6616243200

Rezal Vision @RezalVision wrote:The evolution of my D&D character Drezur. The last image is a running joke that my Monk will eventually turn evil :D

Thanks to @HeroForgeMinis for just being amazing, and having such good integration with @talespire.

$4 per pose with the sub. So about $60 for one character. Not bad if he gets to use him for 1-2 years.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 01 Apr 2023 04:27

I bought 12 minis today and will be buying more soon. These are by the top community creators and they're stunning. A few of them have so much detail that they charge you for TWO minis. They use a new feature, which is that you can have two characters on one base, to pile up more detail on ONE character, and you get these enormous characters with like Gears of War-size armor and weapons and wings and shit. They look incredible. I am not posting screens because I am preparing some surprises and don't want to spoil them, but I basically spent half the day in TaleSpire arranging all my minis around and moving them in mock-battles as if I was 13. Mere screenshots look amazing, let alone the whole thing in motion.

One difficulty I encountered was that it didn't occur to me to rename the minis before buying them, so now I am stuck with the default names because neither HF nor TS have renaming functionality yet. Half of the names are good, but the other half need changing. It may be possible however to change the names in the files, and then disconnect the HF integration and just load the minis with the mod, and this is what I'll try, because ultimately most of our minis will come from me sharing them with people on Reddit etc.

Another thing I want is to get all of the minis everyone has made/bought so far. I think at one point Chev had the full archive. Can you talk to everyone Chev and make sure you have all their minis, plus add in all the new packs you've got via your sub etc., and then DM me the full zip on Discord? And if you have credits, I can tell you how to spend them. Lots of stuff I could use, if you have the credits.

And if ysignal has the time to look into the name-changing thing, that would help too.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 01 Apr 2023 05:05

I know I said I wouldn't post pics, but I couldn't help myself, so have two of them. I have 50 like this. FIFTY. And we can probably get them all if Chev has saved enough credits.

icycalm
Hyperborean

Previous

Return to Development