default header

Roleplaying

I just love this game and its community

Moderator: JC Denton

I just love this game and its community

Unread postby icycalm » 23 Jun 2021 23:35

Just a thread to post now and then how much I love everything about RPGs, and D&D specifically (in which I include Pathfinder).

Check this out: https://paizo.com/threads/rzs439an?Anyo ... -Format#36

Mudfoot wrote:
Matthew Downie wrote:What's this supposed to mean: "If both rowers fail the check, their kayak turns upside down — a DC 15 Strength check is required to right the boat before its occupants drown"? Instant death if you fail the roll?

Drowning rules. Core rulebook p445. Reading is good.

What other game do you know where the game might run screwed up because someone missed a paragraph in "page 445" of a book?

Modern videogames DON'T EVEN HAVE MANUALS ANYMORE.

Can you imagine the above exchange taking place in a videogame forum? The dude who pointed out the page wouldn't last a few days.

I just love this fucking game, and I love this community.

There's no other sight in gaming that fills me with such warmth like seeing 60-year-old veterans still playing with their friends on Facebook (I've friended lots of them on FB). What a contrast to videogamers, many of whom, as they grow up, can't even make time to play a JRPG lol, a type of game that you can almost play in your sleep.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 25 Jun 2021 00:06

https://twitter.com/tsr_games

These people are the real deal. They are all 50-60yo veterans that include one of Gygax’s sons. I don’t think they have much fire in them to take on Paizo or even Wizards, but they are legit hardcore gamers and know what they are talking about. Note the “from all sides”. That’s a clear message that the trannies will hate while I don’t mind it at all. Everyone is welcome at my (virtual) table too as long as they genuinely love the game and don’t try to subvert or upstage it with their neuroses.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 25 Jun 2021 01:55

https://paizo.com/threads/rzs2saoc&page ... geance#130

haha I saw someone on the first page say Paladins have never disrupted parties....

Thats a laugh considering in the 2 parties I played in that had a Paladin everyone hated him and were only putting up with him because he was a good meat shield.

The first was when I played at Paizocon, my buddy in fact was the paladin we were playing a PFS scenario I forget which one, but it involved the entranced guy that walked in a straight line to a cave where a demon and a seemingly helpless woman was being held in a circle of binding. when we got there the Paladin, being of the mind "help the weak" decided he was going to free the woman, the rest of us knew for sure that it was a trap. but he wouldnt listen and we couldnt stop him, he beat all our strength checks to hold him back. He let the girl out and of course it was a demon.... One of the other party members attempted to push him into the circle of binding after witnessing him release the demon.

The Second was when we were Playing Rise of the Runelords. Our GM used the King of Storvald Stairs to link the stories, I managed to talk a dragon into helping us reach someplace.. I forget where. Once the Dragon had helped us get close, we setup camp for the night and the Paladin got up and walked away, I asked where he was going and he said he was going to kill the Dragon because "Dragons are evil", this one was red so ya it was, but it did just help us. Plus I was a Dragon Bloodline Sorcerer, so I took offense to him blatantly saying he was going to slay my kin. we had a great debate about him going, which eventually turned into me saying "I cast chain lightning at you" to which his face went wide with surprise. I would have taken him down to had not the rest of the party stepped in and force him on.

so when you say that Good Aligned Paladins dont disrupt Parties you must not have had a very good Paladin.

Bunch of spoilers in that thread so don’t follow the link. The post I quoted is fine.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 26 Jun 2021 05:50

T S fucking R is liking my belligerently sarcastic tweets on their profile.

If only 13yo icycalm knew what the future had in store for him. He wouldn’t have believed a word of it.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 26 Jun 2021 17:19

They deleted the suicide post and I got suspended for a week.

Worth it.

The account is still visible but I can’t use it for a week. I can’t even like posts.

That’s how humor dies on Twitter. That post was hilarious. At least it is immortalized here.

Imagine how Twitter will look when all the witty people are on Gab. A wasteland of morose and dull faggotry.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Re: I just love this game and its community

Unread postby icycalm » 30 Jun 2021 19:13

https://gab.com/Vishalthind/posts/106491859152261146

There are some seriously cool people on Gab spitting mad truths. Twitter’s finished, all the cool people are already on Gab including yours truly: https://gab.com/icycalm

Make an account and follow me for cool reposts.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Roleplaying