default header

Roleplaying

5E Tanares

Moderator: JC Denton

5E Tanares

Unread postby icycalm » 18 Sep 2021 18:06

D&D: Ed Greenwood Kickstarting New Campaign Setting, Raises over A Million!
https://www.belloflostsouls.net/2021/09 ... llion.html

J.R. Zambrano wrote:Case in point today, Ed Greenwood, as well as a host of TSR/WotC veterans like Skip Williams, Robert Schwalb, and Jeff Grubb are joining with publisher Dragori Games to publish a new campaign setting that promises to bring high adventure, a little bit of dark fantasy and grit, and four new classes to D&D 5th Edition. At press time, the campaign had already raised more than a million dollars with a little under a month left.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dr ... anares-rpg

12 days to go. It's up to $1.3M by now.

J.R. Zambrano wrote:Tanares boasts an impressive list of contributors, starting with Ed Greenwood who created the Forgotten Realms, but he’s far from the only tabletop talent aboard.

• Bruce Nesmith, who in addition to working on the Ravenloft boxed set at TSR is also the Lead Designer on Skyrim, in addition to working on Oblivion and Fallouts 3 & 4
  • Amy Vorpahl, a rising star and real life bard who has recently written for Candlekeep Mysteries and "Fizban’s Treasury of Dragons"
  • Skip Williams one of the three main designers of 3rd Edition D&D
  • Rich Redman who wrote on "Monster Manual II", "Deities and Demigods", "Defenders of the Faith" and "Savage Species" in 3rd Edition
  • Anthony Pryor who developed the Scarred Lands and has worked on pretty much every tabletop game out there from Battletech to Cthulhu
  • Robert Schwalb of Shadow of the Demonlord and Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay fame
  • Shane Hensley, creator of Savage Worlds
  • Jeff Grubb, creator of Spelljammer, and one of the leads on Dragonlance and Forgotten Realms at TSR

Official Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_3xHfjlbw4

The interesting thing about this trailer are the "new PVP arena rules". I'll definitely be checking these out. Also, they tout a solo adventure, "no DM". Some friendless loners play adventures like this, but I've never seen this "mode" of play officially supported.

By the way, the illustration for shock therapy's priest is in this trailer... It's in one of the books. It would suck if he's a character in this setting. You guys should be careful when finding profiles for your characters not to use a named character from an official product. I don't know how we'll deal with this. I just hope the illustration in the book is generic and not meant to represent an actual character. EDIT: lol he's in the DM's screen, so chances are he's a generic illustration. The thing is, shock picked this image last year, and this setting and KS were only announced a few weeks ago... EDIT 2: It's actually an adaptation of a board game, so that's where the illustration probably comes from:

Looks like Ed Greenwood is selling out. There's no way he would seriously invest himself into building a world for some crappy board game. They just paid him to add his name to the Kickstarter. And hey, it worked.

There IS a lot of other talent in the team though, so I am not complaining that we're getting another planet, a lot of cool illustrations, and maybe even a couple of interesting mechanics to check.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Roleplaying