default header

Roleplaying

Pathfinder Tales

Moderator: JC Denton

Pathfinder Tales

Unread postby icycalm » 21 Sep 2021 03:14

I am in the process of conducting a survey of all Pathfinder novels in order to create an unlocking system for them. This will allow me to place trigger events in the adventures and the world in general. For all I know, you may already have unlocked one or two novels, and I just need to figure out which ones. So while I perform this work, here are some wallpapers from the novels to whet your appetite.

There are several dozen novels, plus a few comics, as well as a bunch of short stories and even two-page "web fiction" episodes published on their site. All this will be sprinkled on the overworld for players to unlock at the appropriate places and times. And of course, once something has been unlocked it is available for all groups to read. You can't USE rules and rulebooks that other groups have unlocked, but you can certainly read everything, including fiction.

So I was bummed that the Saturday session had to end, even if it lasted almost half a day, but at least I have tons of things to read before next weekend's game. You guys unfortunately have nothing to read (well, apart from the "Core Rulebook", which ideally you'd know front to back), on top of the fact that most of you AREN'T playing next weekend. So I am posting this to say that soon enough I plan to make sure you all have tons of things to read in between sessions, on top of the fact that I am working to shorten the time in between sessions for you.

Eventually there'll be so much shit unlocked for you to read on the overworld, that you won't be able to read everything, so you'll always have more to read, if you feel like it. That's my goal.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Re: Pathfinder Tales

Unread postby icycalm » 31 Dec 2021 17:49

Just a heads-up that I read my first two Pathfinder web fiction tales, and they were good. Just a couple of pages each, but they tie to campaigns we're currently running, and you get to see some of the major NPCs and learn more about them and your surrounding regions. You've already unlocked these two or are about to, that's why I read them, and I've picked out several more you could potentially unlock soon, including a couple of full novels.

The only reason I haven't given you anything yet is because I want to present it on the overworld and not just link you a web page or a PDF. So I need to finish the goddamn overworld! That's my next major project for the coming days/weeks.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Roleplaying