default header

Roleplaying

PF2 Pathfinder: Age of Ashes

Moderator: JC Denton

PF2 Pathfinder: Age of Ashes

Unread postby icycalm » 12 Dec 2021 00:02

I've been reading RPG criticism to help me prepare the world, and simply for the fun of it. I'll be sharing non-spoilery excerpts with you. I'll make threads for everything, and link them from the campaign selection map. Then when the next time rolls around for you to pick a campaign, you'll be able to make a more informed choice, without having spoiled anything for yourself in the process. Maybe I'll even include these blurbs in the campaign entry itself, we'll see.

Age of Ashes is the first campaign released for PF2. Here's an excerpt from a review by a very experienced GM. I am not providing links and references. Don't follow this stuff up. Don't even look up the Player's Guides, they tend to be full of spoilers. I am only posting the image here for illustration purposes.

This adventure path has it all. Before I read it, I expected it to be a simple, maybe boring story designed to ease new GMs into Pathfinder 2e. Instead, I found that it has an amazing depth of experience. It has dungeon crawls, hexploration, infiltration, water battles, aerial battles, chances to influence important NPCs and acquire allies both public and secret. It has role-playing, debates, investigation and straight-up desperate battles for the fate of the world. What else could you possibly want?

The theme I chose for it:

Age of Ashes theme: Black Blade
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPe4G9B ... dxs6n5fjrj
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Roleplaying