The community/forum politics/lol thread

Moderator: JC Denton

The community/forum politics/lol thread

Unread postby icycalm » 07 Aug 2017 00:44

Elite Sardaukar
wow
thought he was playing a little too good for quitch

Elite Sardaukar
we will see what qzipco does, too bad pastats is down so we cannot screen ingame names

icycalm
What can he do?
He is retarded

Elite Sardaukar
he is pretty arrogant

icycalm
I am more

Elite Sardaukar
and wil ppersist with the attempts to troll

icycalm
and then boast about it
So we will always know

Elite Sardaukar
it would seem so
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 07 Aug 2017 21:12

Via private message:

cdrkf wrote:With respect to Proeleert and Exodus- I wasn't witness to the trollish behaviour, and that isn't something I condone. I must admit I wasn't even aware you had a specific issue with Proeleert (I can't say I know him well but on the odd interactions I've had with him through this forum he's always been polite)- Qzipco I can understand you taking issue with (the guy, like Elodea is a total troll and shows no respect to anyone).

I just realized that I could have played several hours of PA these past couple of days if I hadn't been engaged in a flame war with these retards, so I left their Discords and Uber's forum and we'll only be using that thread to reply to clans inquiring about sign-ups. Any other question people have will be met with links to cosmicwar.net and this forum. We will hold these events every Saturday, and whoever wants to play will have to come to our Discord in order to ask to do so. I am in touch with BRN, BSE, pSx, and NW, and that's plenty of clans to ensure some fun games every Saturday. If Marshall wants to cast, that's very well, and if he doesn't Elite has found another caster.

If I had put all the hours I spent in the flame war in writing content for the new site, we would have had half a dozen articles to read by now. I will not be making this mistake again.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 08 Aug 2017 11:57

Nik
A word of advice, that you probably don't want coming from me: people like rules written in stone. As much as I'm unsatisfied with the frequency of exodus events they got one thing right and that is the rules being outlined in advance and with clear punishments. Bashing and banning people is the easy thing but when it's people like Andreas Marshal and Qzipco who are well known in the community, the backlash can cause way more harm when it's unclear why they were put down. On top of that at the moment all of the punishments that you offer are soft: the easy estate thing in PA is to change a name and everyone does that all the time. I alone have used 9 different nicknames

Nik
My point here is: if you want to prevent trolling, play by their rules until you can supers them with sheer player numbers. At the moment there are very few active PA 'clan' clans and everyone else has no special alegiance because we are so coherent as a community. The best way for your event to grow is by stimulating clan establishment

icycalm
Exodus Clan Wars had 6 clans
And back then the playerbase was 20x what it is now
The best thing you can do for the event is show up and bring your friends (the ones I haven't banned lol)
I don't need advice, I know exactly what I am doing
Exodus rules are autistic, and they diminish the size of their events
The sign-ups diminish their size
The formats diminish the size
Everything Exodus does sucks
I am not trying to "punish" anyone
I don't need to punish people like Diskraip, or Elite, or Furballman (edited)
They are cool people
We play games together
We are friends
The "punishment" is meant to drive away autists like Qzipco who will never be our friends
Between friends, we don't need rules and punishments, because we have GOOD WILL, something we will NEVER have with Qzipco and the autists who HATE US (edited)
Anyway, I don't think you get most of what I am saying, so I won't say any more
Bottom line: leave the rules (or the lack of rules) and all other issues to me, and bring yourself and your friends as much as you can, and this thing will become huge in good time
I never fail at anything I really want to do, and I am not about to start now
Exodus is failing, and that's why they are incensed (edited)
Also, people DON'T "like rules written in stone", AUTISTS like rules written in stone because they lack the cognitive capacity to parse social interaction
But our events are not for autists, so our lack of rules is designed PRECISELY TO DRIVE AUTISTS AWAY, and to attract cool people (edited)

icycalm
Do you know they would have forced Clan Wars teams to use pink because it was good for color blind people?
That's merely one of the countless stupid rules that Exodus has been trying to force down the throats of the PA community, and that's how they chased away all the clans from the game
When you have good will, you can solve all the problems that appear. When you don't have good will, problems are created out of nothing all the time.
Exodus did not have good will for the Australians, and that's why they never modified their schedule to accommodate them, and that's why BRN stopped playing (edited)
I had good will for the Australians, and solved the problem with them with 5 minutes of thinking and talking (edited)
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 20 Aug 2017 17:08

icycalm
"Massive scale massively-multiplayer real-time strategy is a niche of a niche of a niche."
That's a line from my first Cosmic War article
Who can figure out the three niches?

[VOC] Michiel de Ruyter
you only say 3 things...

icycalm
Which are?

[VOC] Michiel de Ruyter
Massive scale / massively-multiplayer / real-time strategy

icycalm
Close, but not quite right
The first niche is strategy
The vast majority of people do not like that
The second niche is the real time
The vast majority of strategy players do not like that
The third niche is the massively multiplayer aspect
The vast majority of RTS players do not like that
Essentially, only graduates of military academies like this sort of thing, or are any good at it, or people who would have done well there if they had chosen that path of life

[VOC] Michiel de Ruyter
i doubt i would be suitable for a military academy

icycalm
You run the smallest clan
And you played one game
And you turtled the whole game
QED

[VOC] Michiel de Ruyter
i can go into quite the detail about that but that says nothing qbout this

icycalm
To me it does
For example, it says that I or diskraip or Elite would do better in a military academy than you

[VOC] Michiel de Ruyter
you?

icycalm
I bring the most people, on average
People follow me
And they listen to me
So yes, me
Let's play a 7v2 and I'll show you

[VOC] Michiel de Ruyter
an established clan of multiple years old has more members then a random group of friends who have a very specific clan, what a surprise

icycalm
It's no surprise
Nor is it a surprise that Belgium could never beat Germany in a war
The fact that you fail to grasp elementary military facts merely underscores how inferior you would be as a leader
i.e. the fact that "bigger is better" and so on

[VOC] Michiel de Ruyter
how is bigger better?

icycalm
Okay, I am going back to bed
I don't have time for this stupid shit

[VOC] Michiel de Ruyter
you deleting my comments does not make the excuse less bad

icycalm
One more stupid comment and you are banned from my Discord

[VOC] Michiel de Ruyter
"stupid comment"

icycalm
Goodbye

GuestUserNameGUN
What just happened

icycalm
A nerd got banned because he can't seem to grasp basic facts about life and the universe
It happens at least a dozen times a week here

GuestUserNameGUN
Yeah, i get how it goes
i admin on like 3 other servers
You can't have people disrespecting your authority in your server, completely understandable

icycalm
It's not merely that
It's that I REALLY don't have time for stupid conversations
So whoever brings them here has to go

GuestUserNameGUN
Yeah fair enough
Your server, your rules

icycalm
I tried messaging him, but we don't share a server, so I can't
Can you give him a message for me?

GuestUserNameGUN
You can join the PA community center discord, he is in that
but sure

icycalm
"You are still welcome in our events as long you and I do not have to discuss anything at length ever again"
I left the PA community discord because several of its admins and their friends trolled my event
I would have left the PA forum too if it wasn't necessary for the health of the events, for now

GuestUserNameGUN
Doesn't really help the game if the community is trolling each other

icycalm
There is a sizeable number of players who WANT our events to fail
It is incredible
But I am convinced this is how it is now

GuestUserNameGUN
Why?

icycalm
Why I am convinced, or why they want our events to fail?

GuestUserNameGUN
Why they want it to fail

icycalm
Eh
I think two reasons
1. They are mostly 1v1 players who hate large games
And they also don't have much of a social life
So the PA Discord and community ARE their social lives
And they've been lording it in there as the coolest guys around ever since the game died and all the clans left
And suddenly the clans are back
And there is an organizer who makes fun of their boring little 1v1s (edited)
And they fear that they won't be the coolest kids on the block for much longer
So that's the main reason
and 2.
somewhat connected to the first (edited)
is that I am actively pushing them away because I can't stand their stupid ideas and opinions
if I was nicer to them, they would be nicer too
but I CAN'T be nicer to such SHEER STUPIDITY
God help me I can't
So there you have it, and nothing can be done about it

GuestUserNameGUN
Huh, alright
The politics here are very interesting

icycalm
The game is even more interesting
I've been studying nerd psychology online since 2005
It is boring to me by now
I just want to play huge PA games, and would appreciate if everyone who stands in the way of that got the hell out of the way (edited)

GuestUserNameGUN
It seems like you need to set a firm grip on it from the start
As in
People don't realise that you aren't interested in their opinions
so they offer them
they get mad when you don't like it
and it spirals down and down

icycalm
I am interested in SOME opinions
Elite's for example
Even Gitaxian has said a couple of things I can use
The other thing, with a lot of the 1v1 players, is that they just don't realize that we are talking about a different subgenre
Just because it says PLANETARY ANNIHILATION in our streams does not mean it is the same subgenre THEY are playing
PA is a game of huge range
From tiny 1v1s smaller than StarCraft, to wars that have never been seen before on a screen

GuestUserNameGUN
Yeah, i prefer the larger games tbh cause there is so much more going on

icycalm
So whoever doesn't like the huge games should not even be paying any attention to us at all, never mind offering misguided opinions on them
But the scene is so small, and so dead, that any event is bound to attract attention

GuestUserNameGUN
Yeah

icycalm
Anyway, things are improving from week to week
We've already seen one or two clans drop off that don't like large games
Or that weren't even clans in the first place

GuestUserNameGUN
damn

icycalm
To me it is a good thing
Yesterday's war was so much nicer without half a dozen people screaming in the chat for half the game, or the constant fear that some sore loser would Ragnarok the game

icycalm
And we got a ton of lag with merely 4 clans present
What would have happened with 8?

GuestUserNameGUN
Yeah, big games are cool, but man do they cause a fuck ton of lag
on my PC i did a massive game with AI just to create some cool battles, and sim speed was running at around 0.1

icycalm
In the end, the clans (or "clans") that don't like the format drop off, and those that do, and commit to showing up every week, get a better, less laggy experience as a result

GuestUserNameGUN
tru

icycalm
I am going to copy-paste all the above to the forum, because it will help a lot of people understand some things

GuestUserNameGUN
Maybe change it slightly so it's shorter and gets to the point more
Cause this is more of a conversation, not an informational post

icycalm
Nah, people like drama, so they can have all of it
You said yourself you like the politics, so here is the uncut version
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 26 Aug 2017 12:22

We are cutting off all ties with mikey. I will never talk to him again.

Reason 1: https://forums.uberent.com/threads/cosm ... ion.72515/

Reason 2: https://forums.uberent.com/threads/legi ... st-1142794

And reason 3, and the straw that broke the camel's back, is a conversation I had with him and Nicb just now.

'Insomnia Legion I Uber Entertainment' - forums_uberent_com_conversations_insomnia-legion_46805.png
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 11 Sep 2017 21:48

Marshall has been "cleaning up" the threads that got me banned, and now I see he has completely hidden the main one, though this might be temporary while he finishes up his cleaning. In any case, I have had several people contact me for the full unedited versions I screenshotted, so here they are for the sake of clarity and posterity and so that a few intelligent people can understand precisely how Exodus and mikey killed the PA scene, and continue to strangle it on a daily basis. The lols scattered around the threads are bonuses on top of that that make for an even more pleasant reading.

FireShot Screen Capture #084 - '[Tourney] Andreas _' - forums_uberent_com_threads_tourney-andreas-g-casual-7-legion-on-sat-2-september-18-00-utc_72555.png

FireShot Screen Capture #085 - 'Feedback for Insomnia & Exodus events I Page 4 I Uber Entertainment' - forums_uberent_com_threads_feedback-for-insomni.png

FireShot Screen Capture #086 - 'Feedback for Insomnia & Exodus events I Page 5 I Uber Entertainment' - forums_uberent_com_threads_feedback-for-insomni.png

FireShot Screen Capture #087 - 'Feedback for Insomnia & Exodus events I Page 6 I Uber Entertainment' - forums_uberent_com_threads_feedback-for-insomni.png

FireShot Screen Capture #097 - 'Feedback for Insomnia & Exodus events I Page 7 I Uber Entertainment' - forums_uberent_com_threads_feedback-for-insomni.png

The Epilogue exchange between me and Marshall:

icycalm
Thanks for the ban
I really mean it
It was a deliverance
I can now sleep again properly

Marshii
I will say that your own actions and perceptoins resulted in this situation dissolving into what it became.

icycalm
I agree
I wouldn't have it any other way
It was me all the way
No one else governs my fate but me (edited)
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 26 Mar 2018 03:07

Via Discord:

[BRN]The Nosebreaker
Raise it up buddy... to 90 percent . The Pa forums are dead. With out your presence... As your life coach The Nosebreaker is fully demanding the triumphant return of The Cult..... You should also show elite how to run and evenet and teach Mr Marshal how to cast.... For gods sake the community need you guys...............................................
Mikey is tryin to take ma guns ................
you know THe Nosebreaker got muted on his own dame pa lobby server....................
also the event elite ran... it was so sloppy he didnt even get people to wear their dam clam tags.... like .. you know ..wtf
HHHmmm miss the old glory clan war days...... what fun times

CULT|icycalm
I had the impression the event was running smoothly
I can see that many things are not done the way I would do them, but if the participants are happy, I am glad for them
I would restart my events immediately if mikey stopped messing with our server
And yeah, I miss the old days too
I am really just hoping that mikey gets a life and stops harassing people who try to play the damn game (edited)
It may happen some day
Alternatively, I'd settle for him dropping dead

I just checked a video. elite himself isn't using his own clan tag lol
But as long as they are enjoying themselves, it's all good
I think not using the clan tag is a nerd thing. It's nerd reaction to what they see as "try hard". When a man like me makes a clan, he adds the tag to his name, and never thinks about it again. But the nerd is always thinking about what other people think of him. That's why you see autists like Broom and Nik and flubb change their tags, and even their names, every other day. So you have men on the one hand, who just leave the tag there, then nerds, who take it out or put it back on depending on who is looking at them, and finally at the extreme end you have neurotic autists who change their entire name every day because that's what autistic people do: they obsess about nothing
icycalm
Hyperborean

Re: The community/forum politics/lol thread

Unread postby icycalm » 12 Feb 2022 19:26

That Dreadnought guy I invited to play with us? He made his own 2v2 “tournament” instead lol: https://www.reddit.com/r/planetaryannih ... _included/

Just so happened to decide to make it two weeks after we started our own events.

And of course it’s a lame 2v2 event from 2014. It’s probably just running on the public shared servers too, which are mere Amazon instances. And of course he’ll get bored in a couple of weeks and cancel it. I don’t even know if he’s planning more than that one event tbh. It doesn’t even look like an “event”, it looks like he just played a random 2v2 and then made a thread about it on Reddit.

What a dumpster fire this scene is.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 14 Feb 2022 03:19

This week the pro fags haven’t run any interference events. It’s merely been, what, two weeks? Three weeks since we started back up? And they’ve already given up, and we’re completely dominating PA’s Twitch category.

For those who don’t know, they’ve been legit trying to run “events” merely to keep us from the top of the category. All they have to do is stream some bullshit and then get all their friends to click on it for two minutes, then they get more views and push our streams down the list. Hell I could launch 20 browsers through 10 IP addresses and get 200 views and dwarf them. You can even buy viewbots, and I would have done it if I wasn’t sure they’d give up very quickly, as they’ve now done.

I look forward to continued dominance of the PA category for many years to come.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 21 May 2022 02:42

A little tidbit that might interest you, Q, is that the currently no. 1 Ranked player, NikolaMX, is Romanian. He might be the best 1v1 player of all time if we go by how long I've been seeing him at number 1 overall. Back around 2017 we were talking and he helped me restart my Clan Wars after I got out of prison by bringing in the Russians in the first war after the reboot. He was very nice and helpful at first, but soon after he started asking me for symmetrical planets and stupid shit like that, and I had no patience for him. Eventually he became one of my most virulent detractors. He even dropped by one of our streams recently to ridicule us about how few viewers we had, so he's been nursing a deep grudge for half a decade, and hasn't grown up at all. Back in 2017 I think he was a teenager, and now must be in his mid-20s and still a dipshit.

Still, he's good at the game, so we must respect that, and I do.

He doesn't actually have a [Nik] clan. I think he started using that tag to make fun of how much effort I was putting into getting people to start clans so they can play in my Clan Wars. I was very successful too, and got about a dozen clans formed or reconstituted before mikey shut us down. Now we're the only real clan in the game again, exactly as in 2017. Everyone else just sports stupid meaningless tags for no reason.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to talk to him, btw, if you felt like doing it. I am not at all against a reconciliation. I mean, there is nothing between us now to reconcile anyway, but if he or his friends want to play in my events, I'd welcome them. I don't think they're interested in big wars though anyway, and that really was the reason for the break with the community. The drama wasn't necessary at all, if they'd just let us play our wars in peace (pun not intended), as we let them play their little asteroid battles without bothering them.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Cosmic War