default header

Cosmic War

Planetary Annihilation: Titans tactics

Moderator: JC Denton

Planetary Annihilation: Titans tactics

Unread postby Discord BOT » 12 Aug 2020 23:58

CULT|Diamond Dawg
I played a few matches with the newer units and while I don't know how well they work at a high level of play yet, they seem pretty cool. The stryker allows you to go heavy on vehicle factories early without giving up map control to a player that went dox. They're definitely not as mobile as dox, so you're still sacrificing economy for timing attack potential/pushing power, but to a lesser extent.
You can use the horsefly to take out small amounts of AA without committing a ton of bombers or going for a dox raid, which opens up enemy eco for easy bombing raids and makes bombing less of a "win more" tactic.
The Icarus was buffed, but I'd have to try to come up with a build order to see what the ramifications of an aerial raiding unit that offers more energy are.
Barnacle seems cool, naval pushes are much less of a huge commitment now, since it's easier to keep those expensive, slow Orcas alive
Once I know more about em, I'll try to write up a more in-depth post on the forums.
Originally posted in the Insomnia Discord.

Insomnia Discord bot powered by proprietary next gen next level neural networked quantum learning self aware AI developed by Cult Games.
Discord BOT

Unread postby icycalm » 13 Aug 2020 00:02

I am looking forward to you helping me out balancing my four-tier mod, Diamond! Look upon this next-level complexity ye mighty, and despair!

Though we'll make another thread for four-tier balance.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Cosmic War