default header

Cosmic War

Event calendar / scheduling / time zones

Moderator: JC Denton

Event calendar / scheduling / time zones

Unread postby icycalm » 04 Feb 2022 08:17

Given how the wars are about to balloon to 3-hours minimum, and likely far more than that, it no longer made sense to try to run wars and battle royales on the same day. So I spaced them out, alternating each week. This is a far more feasible schedule, and it'll also help maintain variety and excitement.

As for the start times, instead of alternating them every week, I alternate them every two weeks, because otherwise some players would end up missing all wars or all battle royales.

Will likely modify the schedule further in the future, but for the time being this is the most optimal setup I have arrived at after years of running this stuff and trying to please everyone.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Re: Event calendar / scheduling / time zones

Unread postby icycalm » 28 Feb 2022 03:39

Some changes to the schedule.

First off, instead of designating in advance whether the Saturday game will be a Cosmic War or Battle Royale, we'll just show up on the day and decide what to play on the spot, based mainly on player numbers. Lots of players means Cosmic War, and few players means Battle Royale (eight minimum for CW would be a good idea, so we can play at least 2v2v2v2). But sometimes we might just feel like playing a big BR even if we have lots of players, so there'll be exceptions.

And second, precisely due to the previous change, the time slot will alternate between 15:00 and 23:00 UTC weekly instead of biweekly as before. So the coming Saturday we're playing at 23:00.

There may be more changes in the future. I am trying to figure the best way to run this thing, and I'll be making as many changes as needed to improve it and keep it going. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

The systems will be designed for 1-3 hours duration, so no more 7-hour wars. At least not until we have way more players and can afford to split them between the time slots.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Cosmic War