Planetary Charterization

Moderator: JC Denton

Planetary Charterization

Unread postby icycalm » 04 Mar 2023 09:26

ARE YOU READY TO CHARTERIZE THE PLANET?

You will first have to choose a starting admiral. These are the choices:

Meet our 5 Starting Admirals!
https://steamcommunity.com/games/157436 ... 2932433191

KOEI TECMO wrote:An Admiral is the player's character, and the captain of the flagship who commands the entire fleet. Here are the 5 Admirals you can choose from when you first start the game!

They will be releasing more admirals later, and I think I read you'll be able to enlist more under your command and maybe even switch between them? At any rate, we have to choose one to start with, and it's kinda stupid because they're from different nations so if we all choose the Brits, there's only one Brit, so we'll end up having to use a Turkish admiral with a British fleet, and I don't know what the fuck to do with that. It's the asian cartoonish sensibility of history. But maybe later there'll be enough Brits released so we could all switch to them?

Or is the choice of character simultaneously the choice of nation? That would make more sense but then we'd need to be from different nations because I wouldn't want a fleet full of clone admirals.

At any rate, let's just choose one of them each for now, even if it makes bollock all sense. I'll take Ernst Von Bohr and leave Otto Baynes for Rory. If we get more than five players, the extra ones will have to double-up on admirals.

I don't know what to expect from this game. Ideally, it will be an MMO Merchant Prince (for which I've written a VGART essay btw), but on the other hand I don't see some of the cool political systems that Merchant Prince had, where you could win control of the Papacy or the Venice government etc. On the other hand Merchant Prince was just four-player, and the combat was super-simplistic Civ-style and not tactical at all, plus who knows what extra systems this game has. I am just wary of the F2P mechanics, and the asian propensity for endless grinding in MMOs as opposed to thoughtful play. So we'll see. If I have even one day's worth of fun with this I will be happy, and anything beyond that will be a welcome bonus.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Cosmic War