default header

Games

[AC] [MD] Rastan Saga II

Moderator: JC Denton

[AC] [MD] Rastan Saga II

Unread postby Molloy » 08 Apr 2006 18:21

http://insomnia.ac/reviews/ac/rastansagaii/review.php

This is on the Taito Legends 2 disk I bought last week (called Nastar it seems).

Covered things pretty well there. The music is astonishingly bad.

Seems there was a PS2/GC sequel. Trying to check Game Faq's for details but it's moving really slowing at the moment for some reason.
Molloy

Unread postby icycalm » 08 Apr 2006 20:31

The game is called Nastar Warrior in the US and simply Nastar in the rest of the world. It's only known as Rastan Saga II in Japan, as far as I know.

There is one more arcade sequel, and it's called Warrior Blade : Rastan Saga Episode III. It runs the same hardware as Darius II, and uses two screens. Rather different game that one.

As for a GC/PS2 sequel, I've heard something about that but I've never seen the game.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby citcelaid » 14 Nov 2006 18:22

icycalm wrote:As for a GC/PS2 sequel, I've heard something about that but I've never seen the game.

The GC/PS2 game is WarriorBlade: Rastan vs Barbarian.

It's actually a European developed 3D fighter (kind of like Power Stone) called Barbarian that was acquired by Taito and they just slapped the Rastan name onto it for the Japanese market.

So not really a sequel, and not even really a Rastan game. :(
citcelaid

Unread postby icycalm » 15 Nov 2006 17:03

Yeah, I found out about this game. I'll get it eventually and review it alongside the other Rastans for the sake of completeness. Have you actually played it?
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby citcelaid » 16 Nov 2006 00:31

Nah, never played it. Doesn't seem that interesting.
citcelaid

Return to Games