default header

Games

[AC] Aliens (1990)

Moderator: JC Denton

[AC] Aliens (1990)

Unread postby Molloy » 19 Apr 2006 19:53

I never played this. Did Sega have an Alien licenced lightgun/machine gun game ala Operation Wolf? Played like shit if I recall correctly.
Molloy

Unread postby icycalm » 20 Apr 2006 01:08

If they did I never saw it. I want to start reviewing Operation Wolf and all the games of that genre (Thunderbolt, Cabal, and others), but it's been decades since I saw these games at an arcade, and I can't even remember how the different guns felt. Playing them on MAME is nothing like the real thing, in this case.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby tenno » 20 Apr 2006 04:35

Alien 3 had an awesome light gun game.
tenno

Unread postby Molloy » 20 Apr 2006 11:25

Maybe that's the one I was thinking of. I don't know, I liked Operation Wolf alot initially but sort of got tried of the machinegun games after that.

Preferred Mad Dog McCree, Lethal Enforcers and a couple of the other digitised 2d games I can't remember the names of. After I'd played those games the machinegun ones like Terminator 2 felt a bit mindless.

The latest two Sega arcade games have automatic weapons and play brilliantly though. Posted my impressions on the new House of the Dead 4 on NTSC-UK. I've got to enjoy Ghost Squad quite alot too, didn't like it iniitally but it grew on me.
Molloy

Unread postby icycalm » 22 Apr 2006 13:52

I like Mad Dog McCree as well. There was something really addictive about it, even though control-wise it wasn't very responsive. I guess I wanted to see what would happen next.

Your HOTD4 impressions are spot-on though. Great game, but it could have used some extra time spent on the visuals. Let's hope for a home port. (And for Virtua Cop 3 and Ghost Squad, while we are at it.)
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Games