default header

Games

[WII] Super Mario Galaxy

Moderator: JC Denton

[WII] Super Mario Galaxy

Unread postby icycalm » 11 May 2006 00:50

I've been checking this site for E3 updates, and I just saw a headline titled Super Mario Galaxy.

I would like to install a filter on my internet, so that all pages containing info on that game are blocked. I don't want to know what it is about please don't tell me.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Molloy » 11 May 2006 20:34

No spoiler here.

It's far too early to say but I'm hoping this new Mario concentrates on the action and the platforming. I'd like to see lots of short, bite-sized levels. And no adventure, hub world, collect-the-tokens bullshit.

But most people don't agree with me. If Super Mario Bros. 3 came out today everbody would say "good, but too short. I finished it in 30 minutes. What now?", or something similarly retarded.

Arcade gaming died ten years ago in 1996. I'm hoping against hope one day things will go back to the way they were. Games you can complete in one sitting, like a film or a music CD. More killer, less filler.
Molloy

Unread postby Edge » 11 May 2006 21:15

The trailer looked really hot, I think. I also like the planet theme. Controls also look great, like in Super Mario 64.

I don't mind a bit of exploration in a platformer, but not too much. Besides, I found Super Mario Bros. 3 too long, which is why I don't like it that much. Still a good game though, but it takes just too long to finish, and because you can't save anywhere you have to clear all stages in one go.

So I am looking forward to this. One of the most exciting games of this E3 for me.
Edge

Unread postby icycalm » 11 May 2006 22:33

Oh.

So it's a new Super Mario game? That's great.

I kind of assumed it would be like Star Wars Galaxies, only with Mario, lol.

I guess I'll go check it out.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Edge » 12 May 2006 08:16

lol

I had been wondering how it'd be possible for someone to not be able to stand the original Mario games like Super Mario Bros.
Edge

Unread postby Pongism » 15 May 2006 06:41

For the record, Super Mario 64 was a terrible game.
Pongism

Unread postby Molloy » 18 May 2006 12:37

Your honor, I move that that statement be stricken from the record.
Molloy

Unread postby tenno » 18 May 2006 18:48

Sorry, SM64 was a classic and suitably awesome game I loved -- you are hereby revoked of your Nintendo Power Glove.
tenno

Unread postby Pongism » 19 May 2006 03:07

Can I keep my Virtual Boy? It's far more embarrassing.
Pongism

Unread postby Jedah » 30 May 2006 12:57

No matter how childish this may sound, I loved almost every (platform) game that had Mario as the main protagonist. From Game Boy up to GameCube, every Mario game captured me for a long period and I enjoyed every moment playing them. It's something strange... The need to see the next world, the need to collect every coin-star-shine, the need to discover the secrets, the sublime control schemes (yes, I've even liked Sunshine's controls :P ), the coherency of the fairy tale world. I think I'll replay Sunshine once more...
Jedah

Return to Games