default header

Games

[ETC] NY Times article on Howard Stringer and Sony

Moderator: JC Denton

[ETC] NY Times article on Howard Stringer and Sony

Unread postby icycalm » 29 May 2006 11:55

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/05/28/busin ... r=homepage

Very interesting read if you want to understand what's going on with Sony these days. I knew next to nothing about Stringer before, but he certainly has my respect now. He seems to understand very well how important the next year or so will be for the future of the company. We'll see.

Edit: You need to register to be able to read articles, but it's free, it only takes a minute and it's certainly worth it.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby Chuplayer » 29 May 2006 20:29

username: letmeinalready
password: motherfucker

Don't nobody register. Public account for all!
Chuplayer

Unread postby Chuplayer » 29 May 2006 20:35

Takuma Miyazaki, a former Sony engineer who quit last year and wrote a book about the company called "Technological Hollowing," said: "Watching Sony now is like watching 'The Osbournes.' We see how pathetic our former hero has become."

Oh my god! That's awesome!

Okay, so what I get from this article is that this dude's trying to deosbourne Sony, and he sings Happy Birthday to Japanese women. Oh, and he has a thing for The Da Vinci Code. If movies are so damn profitable, then why doesn't Sony just skip the PS3 and electronics altogether and go all-movie? They've already proven themselves bumbling buffoons in the videogame industry.
Chuplayer

Return to Games