default header

Games

[PC] [MAC] [ONE] Pawarumi

Moderator: JC Denton

Unread postby icycalm » 29 Oct 2017 03:22

I sent them this email:

I wrote:Interested in reviewing your game
Sup guys. I just found out about your game and I am very interested in it. My name is Alex Kierkegaard and I run criticism/theory site Insomnia (http://culture.vg). It's crazy that you only have one Steam review so far. If you send me a Steam key, I will play your game and review it, both on Steam and on my site. Otherwise I'll wait for a sale and play it then. Either way, mad props for making this game.

icy

I figure it's worth trying. I'd play a lot more games -- at least for a couple hours each -- if I was receiving them for free. What I am worried about is if they actually send me a key, and I end up not liking the game. But I'll cross that bridge if I ever get to it.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 22 Mar 2018 21:35

https://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.p ... 4#p1307924

EmperorIng wrote:One thing that impresses me is how lively and how well the early stages look (I've gotten to about stage 3 on casual play). It's a very nice-looking game with a very neat aesthetic (Aztec futurist) and the cinematic style as you fly through the environments is very well done.

The weapon system is extraordinarily complex and takes time to get a handle of. On top of shooting enemies with the right color to do more damage, you also have to keep track of the WRONG color which does less damage, which refills your super. That's six different weapon interactions to keep in your head! I like how they try to make it easier by using the HUD to remind you of what is good/bad against what, but it definitely takes some getting used to. The implementation of a life bar is fairly well done, as regaining health is very incremental and not a crutch to tank. It seems as if some attacks do more damage than others but I am not sure if that is the case.

All in all I am enjoying a fresh challenge so far.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Games