100%
Biohazard RE:2
No votes
Other (please specify in thread)
No votes

Total votes : 3

Game of the Month: January 2019

Unread postby icycalm » 18 Feb 2019 02:15

As mentioned on Discord, I will start doing this from now on (also retroactively, for all months all the way back to 1962, in due course). So let's start with January. More than half of the most notable releases have been reviewed already, and the rest will be in the next few days. The highest scores will go to AC7 and RE2make, at 4/5 for both (spoilerz!) Only the Heat and Dragon: MFD reviews have not been finalized yet, and though Heat could be a contender, I doubt Dragon will be. Armada II also looks pretty good, and that Praey game looks interesting, but they are both disappointing in many respects, going by the reviews.

So, for now, the battle seems to be between AC7 and RE2make, unless someone wants to claim otherwise, and explain his reasons. Vote for your favorite, and if you have comments to make to help me make the decision, please do so.

Right now, I'd go for AC7 on principle, since it's a brand-new game that does brand-new things with the clouds and weather and VR, as Beakman has told us in Discord, and as the full review is about to tell us, but if anyone has a different opinion, let's hear it.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 18 Feb 2019 02:19

Also, I am looking for some way to differentiate the games of the month on the frontpage. Maybe a transparent "Game of the Month" logo that can be placed over the games' banners in the Play section? If you have an idea, or better yet if you can design the thing and give it to me, let me know.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Games