default header

Games

[PS4] Iron Man VR

Moderator: JC Denton

[PS4] Iron Man VR

Unread postby icycalm » 19 Jul 2020 10:23

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/26 ... r/78829918

LenDar22 wrote:My BIG tip for getting the most enjoyment out of this game (learning to fly)

I'm seeing all kinds of gripes over the flying so I want to share my pro tip, which isn't really pro, but just a way of learning the game in an ideal pace that lets you enjoy the 12-mission story without a headache of dying repeatedly. I got through it on the medium difficulty on the first playthrough without dying a single time. It's a real shame that people aren't enjoying this game as much as they could because they're apparently too impatient to learn flying.

The flying is a brilliant system that has extremely logical physics. The biggest tip you need to figure out is to ROTATE THE MOVES IN YOUR HANDS and not just turn your POV. This WILL propel you in whatever direction the thrusters are pointed and so lets you make really tight turns. You'll also get more confident about when to fire the boosters (you can even manage it with turns when you get the hang of it) which is mostly handy for evading in combat situations.

I went through the first six missions and when the flying stages opened up, I learned flying by fighting for a five-star rating on the two Malibu stages. I think I just about lost my mind with frustration, but the benefit is you can focus learning flying, you'll (at least) minimize getting done in in the campaign to have to see the punishing load times, and you can (therefore) more enjoy the pacing of the story. Plus, the battles themselves are way more fun -- I LOVED the boss fights and thought they were brilliant.

I can't recommend this highly enough!!!! Figure out the flying. It's such a great system in this game it could easily have been a game on its own. Don't go nuts and ruin the enjoyment of the 12-mission campaign because you didn't feel like learning the flying, you'll ruin it for yourself, the pacing of the game, and rob yourself of the extra fun of the challenge of fighting AND flying in the chapters.

Trust me, it's WAY more fun if you go this route. Iron Man VR is one of my favorite VR games now because it has special mechanics that are incredibly well done, reward skill, and offer spectacular payoff.

Sounds like Gunvalkyrie to me. Exact same issue, though obviously much more complex with GV.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Return to Games