Games

PC Starbase

Moderator: JC Denton

PC Starbase

Unread postby icycalm » 15 Dec 2020 18:34

New trailer, quite epic.

Return of the Alpha Invites
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoQxvVKjHLA

I don't have the time right now to make a proper OP, so I'll just drop the link to the Steam page and post more when I can: https://store.steampowered.com/app/454120/Starbase/

We're definitely playing this thing on launch.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 18 May 2021 21:58

Roadmap:

Capital Ships Feature Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QasP0r_bxJU

Looks like the game has full planetary surfaces now. It’s been a while since I looked into it. Will do a deep dive soon.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 30 May 2021 23:48

You pay for every respawn! The respawn machine can take 30 charges, and every respawn consumes one!

More Devices Feature Video (Reconstruction Machine, 3D Printer & Transponder)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mXgK2q4SkE

Also gotta be max 5 km away from the machine when you die, and you can only be linked to one machine at a time.

I've no idea how these mechanics will impact the game.

Another thing I noted, this one being bad, is that the setting for the various gizmos are in some stupid numeric format. So instead of setting a device to "On" or "Off", for example, you set it to 0 (which is off), or 1 (which is on). And there are more settings, like for example 2, or 3, or -1, and you have to memorize I guess what each of them means... WTF. As if the game wasn't complex enough already.

Here's the wiki: https://wiki.starbasegame.com/index.php/Main_Page

And official YT playlist with 55 videos so far: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... Qnxl5ooz7G

Remember that thousands of players have already played the game in tests and are well ahead of us. If some of us have the time and inclination to study these materials before launch, that would boost us a lot, so we can have a gameplan from the start and hit the ground running. Start a thread in the Strategy forum [ > ] if you go through the material and come up with a plan, or just tips in general.

Also don't miss this video, if you want to see how great and PA-like the game looks:

Atmospheres Feature Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9Bd_pD ... G&index=52

The game starts around a gas giant and its asteroid belt. Next stop is one of the main moons of the planet. You know the Jigs in PA? You can build them here. And automate them in giant factories with liquid pipes and shit as in Satisfactory. First-person PA, guys.

All this info is from the atmospheres video, so don't miss it. Back in 2019, the game was supposed to be space-only, but they've been adding planetary elements since, to the point where it's now a full proper universe.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 31 May 2021 00:28

Remember the multi-hour sailing times in Atlas? It's multi-days here to get to any of the starting moons.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/454120/d ... 6578892094

OmegaOne wrote:You can build a station by placing a foundation blueprint down and build it up and once done building the foundation it will have its own safezone which will expand as you expand your station. There are currently no mechanics ingame yet to siege stations, so it is currently unraidable.

If you want to know the world size inside the game:
1. The asteroid belt is 600 km high and 2000 km wide. (have forgotten the radius, but really big)
2. There are 10 moons and the closest is around 3 days (RL) continuous travel at max speed which is 150 meters per second.

That's just the start. The universe will keep expanding. And everything will eventually be raidable. It may already be, and the guy may just be talking about the alpha.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 31 May 2021 18:24

They replied to the email I sent them, and behaved EXACTLY as I said they would behave.

Cult War Journal #5: Starbase Launch
https://www.patreon.com/posts/51872405

My email:

Hello, my name is Alex Kierkegaard and I've been writing books on videogames for 16 years, including a book that explains that the genre of Starbase—first-person 4X—is not only the best videogame genre ever but also the best artform ever (because it is the genre of the universe: the universe is a first-person 4X game). I have numerous links to my books and essays to give you if you want to read more about this, but for the purposes of the current communication I will only give you one link: https://patreon.com/posts/51317891 The reason I am writing you is to warn you about the imminent release of Starbase, and the grave danger your game is in if it follows on the footsteps of previous games in the genre. ALL previous games—Life is Feudal, Atlas and Last Oasis—have been commercial failures because they leave their servers running 24/7, which means that only unhealthy players without a life end up dominating, which means healthy players with a life stop playing the game soon after release. This means that ALL these games end up with ever-dwindling playerbases and sales, until the developers end up shutting down updates and eventually the game. This will happen to Starbase too, 100%, unless you take some radical steps that I would like to discuss with your director. I have analyzed these issues for years in many essays and understand them inside and out. I can help you deal with this. Your game is awesome and deserves better than to die in a few months like all the rest of the games in the genre. Leaving servers on 24/7 is a holdover from the days of MMORPGs when it didn't matter since players couldn't really interact beyond some chatting. In games like Starbase on the other hand interaction is BRUTAL, and so it makes ZERO sense to expect the players to put up with it 24/7. I don't care what safety features you have built in your capital ships or whatever: the no-life players will grind 24/7 and utterly overwhelm the players who have a life, and thus kick them out of the game, and you will lose not only the BIGGEST demographic—including me and my clan—but also the BEST demographic (because the best players have lives). There are very simple and easy ways to fix all this, and please everyone. All you have to do to retain the players with lives is to run the servers only on the weekend, or even better only on Saturday, for say 5-6 hours. This is what I call REAL "episodic gaming". It will be like a TV show: an interactive TV show. And if you want to also please the players without lives, you can still leave a separate server running 24/7 for them. So let's talk about this. You have it in your power to make Starbase the most popular game in the genre instead of just another ghost game that only losers will play long-term. I am ready to help you at any time. Let's talk about this.

My prediction of their reaction:

I don't expect anything to come out of this, or even a reply. Game directors, I have found, are a very narrow-minded bunch: they mostly just copy-paste other people's designs, and reskin them. That's what 99% of game directors do, and when you get an exception, when you get the 1% who actually try new stuff, they aren't interested in hearing anyone else's views as they just seem utterly incapable of grasping analysis and theory. These guys are TINKERERS, which is to say extremely PRACTICAL PEOPLE, so when you talk to them about theory, it all goes over their heads. They have ONE or TWO ideas in their heads that they want to try, and they are so deeply engaged in getting them to ACTUALLY WORK, that they have no time to think at length about anything, and even feel insulted if you insinuate to them that you ALREADY KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN, and that THEY NEED TO ADJUST THEIR COURSE ASAP. So basically game directors as a whole just stumble blindly in the dark until by sheer hard work and luck they come upon a genuinely great design that surprises even them lol. "I had no idea it'd get this popular!" (which means I had no idea what I was doing) is the hilarious refrain of innovative game directors since the beginning of time. Because they've no idea what they are doing, and they arrive at everything randomly, like infinite monkeys banging on infinite typewriters. And not a single one of them wants to hear that not everyone is a brainless monkey, and a few people CAN ACTUALLY THINK AND THINK AHEAD. I remember writing to Factorio's director years ago, telling him to hire me to help make Factorio 2 be Factorio + Planetary Annihilation. He wasn't interested, and wasn't even aware that PA is a good game, since he had only read the laughable 1/5 journalist reviews of PA. So he thought it was a bad game lol. And then, a couple years later, five Chinese guys launched Dyson Sphere Program [ > ] and made millions of dollars on Steam (and earning an "Overwhelmingly Positive" rating) with precisely the blueprint I gave the Factorio dude, only without the multiplayer and the fighting. Then I contacted the Dyson Sphere Program dudes to put in multiplayer and fighting, and of course they didn't bother responding. But they DID ban me from their Steam forum after I made a thread making fun of Chinese people for not eating meat and being stick-thin, which I connected to the lack of war in their game. So, you know, no one listens to me. Eat your fucking red meat, and listen to fucking icycalm! Is that really so hard to do? That's all you need to blaze new trails in game design. Don't be a brainless monkey!

Oh well. What else is new. At least I tried, and I am still trying. But no one is listening.

Their reaction:

My reply:

They would rather fail than accept help. And that’s why they will fail.

I do not know of a single game director that would react differently to them. Being in control is more important to them than success.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 31 May 2021 18:34

They must be very superficial players if they don’t get the value of what I am saying to them. Any player who has spent a lot of time playing these games would understand me immediately. This tells me they simply haven’t played much. And what insanity to spend years developing a game whose genre you’ve barely played!

But that’s what SriK did with his game too. At least he had the sense to let me design it for him though. But not the decency to credit me for it lol.

O subhumans...
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 31 May 2021 18:55

It’s possible that this game will do better than the previous ones because of its vast and infinitely expanding universe. I explained how that may play out in the Patreon article.

There are two main novel features that make me hopeful about the balance. One is that the universe will be infinitely expanding. It's not like previous games that have a fixed size map. This, to me, means that no matter how puny your group, and how little you play, you should always be able to retreat to the farthest reaches of the current universe and find a spot where you can be alone to build in peace, and then, when you are ready, venture inwards to fight with other small groups in the fringes, while letting the massive clans and the dudes who have no life duke it out 24/7 in the center of the universe. If this plays as I imagine it, it will be a game-changer for the genre. It still won't be as cool as my episodic gaming idea, where the server is only ran on Saturdays for a few hours, but it will be the next best thing, and Starbase may well deliver it.

It’s not an ideal solution but it IS a solution. I am certainly NOT rooting for the game to fail lol. But at the same time I just don’t see myself playing long-term in a game that goes on 24/7 lol. If you want me to do that you better at the least bring on the Matrix life-support pods lol.

Also success is a subjective concept. I mean Life is Feudal got shut down and I still declared it best game ever. If that’s not success, I don’t know what is.

But yeah, success in the commercial sense seems highly unlikely for Starbase. You can already see it in their puny Twitter engagement etc.

So how did games like EVE succeed?

Those games barely allow interaction. You build nothing which can be destroyed in them. PVP is little more than an arena mini-game to them.

It is conceivable that Starbase may be tweaked to such an extent that its PVP becomes a mini-game too, but at that point the game will lose its FP4X fans. It may gain the brainless MMORPG crowd though, which might make it more commercially successful.

We’ll see how it goes. The theory says that 24/7 FP4X is a recipe for disaster, and all previous games in the genre confirm it. I am betting Starbase will be another confirmation, but hopefully at least a small improvement.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 31 May 2021 19:07

LiF was even ahead of Starbase in some aspects of PVP. Judgement Hours meant that a small clan could only be attacked a few hours a week. That’s already halfway to my design of only playing 5-6 hours on Saturday! But Starbase has announced nothing of the kind. Which means that the doctor and the professor and the airline pilot will have to reschedule their weekdays around when some losers on the internet may decide to raid them. And they will of course not do that.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 31 May 2021 19:12

Atlas btw tried to copy LiF’s Judgement Hours and failed like they fail at almost everything that that studio copies. They made their JHs so frequent that they barely changed anything in the game. I wonder if Last Oasis tried anything similar. I should email them.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 01 Jun 2021 00:17

Who knows what triggered them. The Twitter account of its own is full of things that could have done it, and that's before they got to my comments here, or on Patreon, or before googling me.

They're Finnish: some of the most effeminate people in the world after all. Maybe it's just their period!

Oh well. I am just hoping we can have a good time with the game, and then I'll forgive everything.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 01 Jun 2021 00:21

I expect better reaction when I contact the LiF and Last Oasis devs. They are Russian and Polish respectively. I can't imagine them getting as easily triggered as Finns.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 02 Jun 2021 21:02

Steam has new screens up in anticipation of the launch, and they look awesome. There's more, but these are some of my favorites:

15 days and we're playing this.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 09 Jun 2021 09:26

“Anti-griefing mechanics” from the Steam page:

• Starting station safe zones safeguard the new player experience
  • Dynamic safe zones configurable on player-owned stations
  • Developer-lead factions Empire and Kingdom provide protection and security
  • Misbehaving players are sent to the Saltberia prison colony

Saltberia lol. Sounds like the gulag from Warzone.

And WTF does “misbehaving” mean in a war game lol? Not using correct pronouns or something lol? Sounds like a Babylon Bee article.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 22 Jun 2021 19:27

Station Siege Feature Video
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N18X4KNsh6o

I posted that with “24-72 hours’ notice” before the siege, battles will often end up on weekday mornings in the middle of your work or school days, so who are they targeting as their playerbase? Children, the unemployed and welfare recipients?

They deleted my comment lol. Maybe it was because I linked my solution in this thread.

I have never seen a developer sanitize their social media so thoroughly. Maybe it’s because I reached out to them and got their attention. If they can’t handle a single guy talking to the void, really (because none of their fans are paying attention to me), how will they handle a rabid playerbase tearing each other apart by any means possible and kicking 90% of the players out of the game?

The good news is... they are now very much aware of the solution. So they could still salvage things at some point. Previous FP4X devs still don’t know the solution because I haven’t reached out to them. These guys could still turn things around by introducing say an alternate server that runs only on Saturdays as I say. They could do this once they see their playerbase start plummeting. It won’t be as effective then, because lots of people who’ll have left won’t be returning, but it WOULD salvage the game, even at a late stage. And then the next game would learn from their example.

I need to get more proactive about contacting devs well before release.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 22 Jun 2021 19:40

Note that the siege mechanics will be added months after launch. This will probably have a profound effect on the playerbase. It will probably mean that tons of autistic builders will be attracted at first, who will have a very rude awakening when the sieges go in and their stations are reduced to ruins within days. It is quite conceivable that the devs will do something lame to prevent this, like making some areas of the universe—some specific planets and their environs, for example—PVE only. This has been done in previous space survival-builders like Empyrion iirc. Hell LiF did it too, first with separate PVE-only worlds, and then, when they merged all servers, with a small PVE-only region.

It’s not a solution to anything. Yes, you will gain some autist builders who’ll confine themselves to their autist ghetto, but outside of it you’ll still get a ghost town run by a handful of wretched people with no lives, overseen by a bunch of pussy devs who scrub their social media of serious criticism, and ran with an iron grip by a butch lesbian who’s just ripping off past projects and has no clue.

Sounds more like Finland than a sci-fi robot future lol.

Anyway, the game has so many cool new features it’s insane. The siege mechanics are essentially Battlefield in zero-G played on structures the players have built. There is even talk of specialized salvage outfits who hover at the periphery of the battles so they can go in and salvage the structures after the battle is over. Whatever happens in the long run, in the short run this game will be an insane experience.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 05 Jul 2021 16:28

Frozenbyte is still cranking out updates every week in the middle of the summer. This guy are serious!

Starbase - Progress Notes Week 24 (2021)
https://steamcommunity.com/games/454120 ... 3419757431

The models look sick and the systems look complex as fuck, so get your rest from Rust over the next couple of weeks, because on the 29th we've got a war coming, and I am afraid it is in space.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 12 Jul 2021 16:35

Some tantalizing screenshots from the newest dev update. Game is looking better than ever!

Starbase - Progress Notes Week 27 (2021)
https://steamcommunity.com/games/454120 ... 2745983245

You can see that they are trying to shed the original impression of the game as "drab space wireframe" aesthetic, so they are adding oceans, ice, and all kinds of planetary surfaces.

17 days!
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 20 Jul 2021 02:50

https://steamcommunity.com/app/454120/d ... 336169221/

I wrote:There's no such thing as griefing. Unless you mean leaving the servers on 24/7. That's the real griefing here.

It's a war game. People are supposed to fight. Griefing is just a stupid word for war. All of war is about grief. Grow up.

The problem with these games is not griefing. Griefing is the whole reason we play these games. The problem with these games is that the devs can't seem to grasp the simple fact that people have lives and can't be available to play 24/7. So the solution is to simply run the server say every Saturday for 5-6 hours, like a TV show. No one wants to fight in the middle of the week while at work or at school. We want to fight in the weekend, and not even the entire weekend, because we have lives. We want to fight for a few hours on Friday or Saturday.

The only reason servers in MMOs are run 24/7 is because we inherited this from MMORPGs where there is no interaction between players, so it doesn't matter if the server is left on all day. But in a full loot PVP such as this, it is MADNESS to leave the server on 24/7! THAT is what griefing is: the DEVELOPERS are griefing US, by expecting us to be available to play their damn game 24/7! It is the ultimate troll, and no self-respecting person would fall for it. I would rather not play their game than abandon my life for it.

Of course I will play the game on release for a few days with my friends, until we are exhausted. And then we'll just drop out. And perhaps if it wipes again in a year, we'll play another week at that time. And the only people who'll keep playing it the whole time in between are those without lives.

The genre needs to smarten up if it's gonna survive. LiF, Atlas, Last Oasis: they all had the same problem. People just quit playing them very fast because it is INHUMAN to expect the players to give up their lives for them. And Starbase is making the same mistake. And of course developers can't understand any of this, because they don't play games. Not playing games is the typical fault of developers, and it is understandable: they spend all day in front of a screen, after all, so in their free time the last thing they want to do is play games. But this means they can't UNDERSTAND games, and need to rely on critics and playtesters. But lots of devs don't grasp this, and they thus rely on their own warped instincts (warped due to not playing games, which basically means they aren't gamers).

Anyone who's played this type of game to any depth would understand immediately what I am talking about. Anyone who DOESN'T play this type of game, would have no idea what the fuss is about.

I hope these devs wise up before the game dies like all the rest of them. I've tried warning them but they aren't listening. Simple solution: run the server a limited number of hours on the weekend. The first good FP4X game to do this will win the genre.

P.S. Every measure taken to counter "griefing" reduces the interactivity and thus the immersion of the world. Ultimately you could turn the game into an MMORPG and have zero griefing, but then you would have killed the game. The solution is NOT to devise complex ways to counter "griefing", the solution is TO STOP GRIEFING YOUR CUSTOMERS BY ASSUMING THAT THEY HAVE NO LIVES. Allow your players to do ANYTHING, but only on a few specific hours on the weekend. THAT'S how you make the ultimate game.

I am copy-pasting it here because they will probably delete it. They blocked me on Twitter and deleted a comment of mine in one of their YT videos. For liberal Finns they are pretty fascistic lol.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 20 Jul 2021 03:27

This is a funny read:

Griefing and social engineering policies
https://forum.starbasegame.com/threads/ ... cies.1520/

Fun reply: https://forum.starbasegame.com/threads/ ... post-12575

Captain Riker wrote:To be honest, I'm not a fan of these features.

For one, you are in no way going to be able to manage the overflow of reports and stuff coming in. Best you can do is try to prevent cheating, and I sometimes have doubts about that. You mention having ingame moderators? I will assume these come from the playerbase like the discord mods. Bringing in the community as mods is not a good decision, and is ripe for abuse. Especially considering these mods already have their own biases and will undoubtedly use their powers unfairly. I will not say names, but we have direct quotes from SB moderators saying they will make sure specific players get banned from the game. Also what powers do these mods have? Kicking from the game? Chat muting? Temp banning? I've been dealing with bad moderation for years. Once a rumor starts spreading by one of your enemies that you hack or cheat it's always guilty until proven innocent. Even considering there is zero evidence of something like that.

Second, this game is advertised as player driven. What is being shown is not player driven. It's just limiting how the game can be played.

The rules also make no sense. It all works around keeping new players safe. Which tbh is a flawed method of doing things. Like it implies that killing noobs even outside the safezone is a bad thing. Just in general it's not a bad thing. Even the idea of luring players out of the safezone is not a bad thing. It's all in the concept of risk vs reward. They risk trusting you and they may or may not get a reward. Tons and tons of successful games work with this method. In most cases, it doesn't scare off any players. All it does is teach them to be better at the game. If the risk is to great for the rewards as a new player, as developers you should increase the reward to make it easier to get new players out there flying again. Do that instead of creating hard to enforce rules that are over complicated.

Also, how do you define new player, and how is the regular player supposed to be able to tell who is new or not.

All you have to do is make sure it's obvious you have a greater chance of being killed outside the safezone. And people should automatically know this include things such as scamming. The playerbase isn't 9 years old. The majority are all over the age of 16, and they can read, think, and weigh risk vs reward on their own. You do not need to coddle them. They are not children. If they don't want to die, then don't leave the safezone.

Always a bad sign when the players are teaching the devs how to design the game. But then again, this isn't just any game, it's the most complex game ever. Still, the above is common sense that any decent player would know, ergo the devs have no decent players among them if they need to be told this stuff...
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 22 Jul 2021 19:58

Looks like the feature set at launch will be rather limited. There'll be PVP, but it will be small-scale, and it looks like much of your initial construction will be invulnerable to start with. On the face of it, that sounds lame, however realize that the construction in this game is the most complex ever for the genre—which means for videogames as a whole—so it'll take time for new players to build anything worth destroying in the first place (though note that closed alpha players will have a huge advantage here). And the timetable for the ramp-up of features is quick, if they can stick to it. So it looks like we'll be playing the game throughout August, and possibly into September. I'd like to say "and beyond", but I remain sceptical. I REALLY want to see the Satisfactory-style factory building, but that will come in several months' time at the earliest, and I am not sure we'll still be playing by then.

My big hope is the continually expanding nature of the universe. If it works the way I'd like it to, there will always be territories on the margins of empires for small groups to thrive there. And maybe we can find an empire to be part of, and get protection from.

It's a long shot. Most likely we'll just give up from exhaustion after a month or so, like with the last LiF wipe we played...

https://steamcommunity.com/games/454120 ... 0978077097

Frozenbyte wrote:Image

Starbase Early Access - Release Time, Pricing & Updated Roadmap Details Revealed

After a long wait, Early Access is finally starting next week on Thursday, July 29th at 6PM EEST / 8AM PT / 3PM UTC. Starbase will be priced at 32.99€ / $34.99 / £27.99, and kicks off with a weeklong 10% launch discount.

When Early Access begins, the Starbase universe will be a blank canvas ready to be populated. While many new core gameplay features such as the tech tree, crafting, ship easy build mode and station easy build mode will be available on release day, we want to be clear about the state of the game at launch. Starbase launches into Early Access in a clear alpha stage, however the core features are well established and there's fun to be had for sure. Now is the time to finally open up Starbase to a bigger population and see how everything comes together. The scale and scope of the game will quickly start to show as we update more massive features to the game every two weeks in August and September, like Capital Ships and Station Siege mechanics!

Many important gameplay loops are coming to Starbase shortly after launch. The idea behind the major content updates is to ease players into the big new features, and by introducing them a few weeks apart with planned dates announced, everyone will have time to prepare for their arrival.

Details about the August and September updates, as well as the whole 2021 Roadmap can be found below.

The Next Major Updates

After a short period of tranquil mining, ship and station designing and building, as well as relatively small scale pvp engagements, the post-launch period will quickly start to heat up. The August updates will introduce Moon Bases & Mining and the massive-sized Capital Ships, while the September update that introduces Siege Mechanics will send the world into full-scale calamity, as player stations will become fully destructible and capturable.

Complete 2021 Roadmap

Full sized (4k) version available here: http://cloud.frozenbyte.fi/index.php/s/ ... w/download

We hope to see you next week!
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 29 Jul 2021 21:20

https://store.steampowered.com/search/? ... topsellers

No. 4 right now, in Spain at least.

The crazy thing though is that three of the top four games are survival-crafters/builders or FP4X.

PC gamers know what's up.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 31 Jul 2021 02:00

https://m.twitch.tv/amouranth

Top streamer right now in my Twitch recommendations. 14k viewers.

CULT Starbase stream: 1 viewer (me).

Starbase Steam rating: Mixed. Same as Atlas’s, but better than Life is Feudal’s, which ended as Mixed but reached Mostly Negative at times. It’s early days though, it could well end up negative.

All the while Starbase’s sales have plummeted from no. 4 to I can’t even be bothered to count how far down it is right now, in one day of release.

And people wonder why I advocate extermination.

The robots in Starbase will advocate it too, when they arrive. That’s why there are no humans in the game. It’ll be in the prequel.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Unread postby icycalm » 31 Jul 2021 02:54

I added this to the Ultimate Trailer Ranking:

Marcus Warner - Main Theme (Starbase Original Soundtrack, Vol. 1)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mf0zrZ1r5ww

"But icy that's not a trailer."

It kinda is, actually. The image is a video, it's animated. And there's music. That's technically a trailer.

More to the point, I've never seen a more epic game video, nothing on the list compares with it. I may elaborate in the future. For now just enjoy it.
icycalm
Hyperborean

Next

Return to Games